:lmao:
31ws4v.gif
https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually had a delivery in Brooklyn once, the morning after a milk spill like this. What a horrendous odor...but I didn't cry over it, if you're wondering.
Your talking about the spill and smell brought back a memory. Nightmare may be a better word. About a dozen years ago, a truck carrying chicken fat spilled its load just before I left work to drive home. Here is the story link for anyone thinking I am making this up:

https://www.ktbs.com/news/chicken-f...cle_30ffa19a-65d7-535c-a2d7-eb8344e88f9b.html

The spill took up the entire right lane and stretched over a mile in my opinion. It had to be at least 80 degrees at 5 pm that day and for 2-3 days afterwards. That mess cooked until they cleaned it up. I would not wish that stink on ANYBODY...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Your talking about the spill and smell brought back a memory. Nightmare may be a better word. About a dozen years ago, a truck carrying chicken fat spilled its load just before I left work to drive home. Here is the story link for anyone thinking I am making this up:

https://www.ktbs.com/news/chicken-f...cle_30ffa19a-65d7-535c-a2d7-eb8344e88f9b.html

The spill took up the entire right lane and stretched over a mile in my opinion. It had to be at least 80 degrees at 5 pm that day and for 2-3 days afterwards. That mess cooked until they cleaned it up. I would not wish that stink on ANYBODY...
For a couple of years, some of the farms around here switched from manure fertilizer to something that smelled like rotting carcasses. That only seemed to last two years, before they probably got enough complaints that they stopped using it. It was absolutely stomach turning, to the point that I'd hold my breath for a good minute and a half while I was driving. The only time I'd smelled anything like it is when a mouse died in my dryer vent.

I rewashed a lot of clothes that day, before I realized where the stench was coming from. That was nothing compared to this stuff.

Sammy

Reaction score
For a couple of years, some of the farms around here switched from manure fertilizer to something that smelled like rotting carcasses. That only seemed to last two years, before they probably got enough complaints that they stopped using it. It was absolutely stomach turning, to the point that I'd hold my breath for a good minute and a half while I was driving. The only time I'd smelled anything like it is when a mouse died in my dryer vent.

I rewashed a lot of clothes that day, before I realized where the stench was coming from. That was nothing compared to this stuff.

Wastewater treatment plant sludge?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You reminded me about one but it's not about smell but sight.

I travelled AR in my first job in 1968 and was in Northwest AR, chicken country even back then and that's where Tyson's home office is, one afternoon and a very common sight were these flatbeds loaded with cages stacked 6-8 high loaded with chickens. I arrived on the scene minutes after one has turned over in the middle of the highway and lost his load all over the place. The surviving chickens are everywhere and I see people out of their vehicles chasing down chickens and my first thought is "hey, they're helping this guy recover his load" and that immediately turned to the realization they were helping themselves to these chickens.

Everything was stopped and people were chasing chickens all over the place and the first trooper had arrived on the scene and was standing by my driver's side of the car when this woman that easily went 5'10" and 250lbs with her hair in pigtails comes running in front of my car, with a chicken in her hand flapping it's wings, pursuing another victim and when she caught the second, she comes back in front of my car looks at me and the officer in what I would interpret as a hostile approach me at your own risk manner and swings both arms and wrings their necks and then runs to her car and throws the lifeless bodies in the trunk and turns to go off in pursuit of more prey.

I can still picture the look in her eyes when she offed those chickens. It is how I've always pictured Leatherface under that mask just as he's cranking up the chainsaw. I turned to the officer and said "holy ****, I've never seen anything like this and that woman was horrifying". He just looked at me, a little bit stunned I think, and said "you didn't see me approaching her, did you"? I lost it and then he lost it, we were laughing like two idiots while this carnage was taking place and then he had to go do his job.

I gotta say, I didn't eat chicken for a while as that stayed fresh with me for quite some time. Hadn't thought about it in a long time until this post and may have to forego chicken this week as well.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You reminded me about one but it's not about smell but sight.

I travelled AR in my first job in 1968 and was in Northwest AR, chicken country even back then and that's where Tyson's home office is, one afternoon and a very common sight were these flatbeds loaded with cages stacked 6-8 high loaded with chickens. I arrived on the scene minutes after one has turned over in the middle of the highway and lost his load all over the place. The surviving chickens are everywhere and I see people out of their vehicles chasing down chickens and my first thought is "hey, they're helping this guy recover his load" and that immediately turned to the realization they were helping themselves to these chickens.

Everything was stopped and people were chasing chickens all over the place and the first trooper had arrived on the scene and was standing by my driver's side of the car when this woman that easily went 5'10" and 250lbs with her hair in pigtails comes running in front of my car, with a chicken in her hand flapping it's wings, pursuing another victim and when she caught the second, she comes back in front of my car looks at me and the officer in what I would interpret as a hostile approach me at your own risk manner and swings both arms and wrings their necks and then runs to her car and throws the lifeless bodies in the trunk and turns to go off in pursuit of more prey.

I can still picture the look in her eyes when she offed those chickens. It is how I've always pictured Leatherface under that mask just as he's cranking up the chainsaw. I turned to the officer and said "holy ****, I've never seen anything like this and that woman was horrifying". He just looked at me, a little bit stunned I think, and said "you didn't see me approaching her, did you"? I lost it and then he lost it, we were laughing like two idiots while this carnage was taking place and then he had to go do his job.

I gotta say, I didn't eat chicken for a while as that stayed fresh with me for quite some time. Hadn't thought about it in a long time until this post and may have to forego chicken this week as well.
Just stick to Free Range chicken.