Here's a moment of silence and respect to TV announcers who are gone

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Thank you for adding Tom B. To the list.

Also in the 70s there was a show called...This is the NFL...

For a person who lived outside of the Dallas metro area is was a great way to see 5-10 minutes of highlights if you couldn't get the game.

Can't recall the announcers name but his voice will always be synonymous to me of the NFL...the iconic statement I'll always remember was...then doomsday kicked in...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
Try googling This is the NFL but nothing came up. You may be thinking of a show with John Facenda. NFL Films had a number of shows using his iconic voice. I remember This Week in Pro Football hosted by Pat Summerall and Tom Brookshier. It provided highlights of all the games.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Try googling This is the NFL but nothing came up. You may be thinking of a show with John Facenda. NFL Films had a number of shows using his iconic voice. I remember This Week in Pro Football hosted by Pat Summerall and Tom Brookshier. It provided highlights of all the games.
Here is an episode from 1977 you may enjoy. Dallas starts right around the 4:05 mark.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Here is an episode from 1977 you may enjoy. Dallas starts right around the 4:05 mark.

I do remember the show with Harry Kalas narrating. Strange that nothing about it came up on Google.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I do remember the show with Harry Kalas narrating. Strange that nothing about it came up on Google.
It was my lifeblood as a young teenager cowboys in the northeast. Before the interweb.