heres some more stuff on some O line

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Scouts-notebook-offense.html

Mike Iupati, Idaho, OG, 6-5, 330

APIdaho OG Mike Iupati (77)

Believe it or not, if you want to see one of the most dominant offensive linemen in the country right now, you need to travel to Idaho. Offensive guard Mike Iupati is a massive interior lineman who not only has the ability to engulf opposing defenders at the point of attack, he’s also a gifted athlete in his own right. Iupati does a great job keeping his pad level down, generating impressive power as a run blocker, and can smoothly slide laterally in pass protection. He does a great job getting under the pads of opposing defenders and has been absolutely dominating for the most part this season. He isn’t the most technically sound lineman and isn’t quite the type of Velcro player you’d expect for a guy his size, but I can see him maturing quickly with good NFL coaching and nailing down a starting spot in the NFL early in his career.

John Jerry, Ole Miss, OG/RT, 6-5, 350
Ole Miss RB Dexter McCluster has been absolutely brilliant in recent weeks running the football effectively between the tackles and creating big plays once he reaches the second level. But none of McCluster’s success would be possible without the Rebels offensive line, especially the play of OG John Jerry. Jerry was absolutely dominant at times this weekend vs. LSU, not only sealing defenders away from the play but also consistently creating a great initial push off the ball and driving opponents down the field. His ability to routinely open up run lanes as an in-line blocker is one of the main reasons I think the guy is an ideal fit at offensive guard at the next level. However, he’s also shown an ability to play right tackle as well, and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him starting there at next level. Either way, Jerry looks like a Leonard Davis type of player to me and has the ability to be effective in both the run and pass game in the NFL.

Battle of the best
One matchup I really enjoyed breaking down was North Carolina defensive tackle Marvin Austin vs. Boston College center Matt Tennant. Austin had a good day, finishing with three tackles, 1½ tackles for loss and a sack, but for the most part, whenever he matched up with Tennant one on one inside, it was Tennant who was the victor. Austin looked more explosive off the line and did a great job initially getting into the body of Tennant, but, it was the taller, thinner Tennant who did a better job getting his hands under the pad level of Austin, anchoring in the run game and using his length to stay on his blocks through the play. Tennant wasn’t real powerful initially at the point, but he did a great job quickly gaining inside leverage and sealing Austin away from the ball. Plus, Tennant plays with a real mean streak and took pleasure working till the whistle and finishing his blocks. In what looked like a big test for Tennant, he faired quite well vs. the caliber of athlete he’ll be facing on a weekly basis in the NFL.