Heres someone else that could really help...

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed;1965616 said:
Oh, also,.....Im reading that Rinehart is up to 317 pounds. Not bad. Looks like a guy who could hold about 325 and still keep his wheels.

That's good to hear (if he ends up with us). If he can add weight then I'm confident coach Joe J. can do it while keeping his athleticism. On a side note: Is there a better strength and conditioning coach in the league? This guy is just phenomenal. How do we keep him? :bow: Anyways, great info. Thanks.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Ah Ray Rice, that's someone I like a lot more. As far as the whole complimentary back thing goes it's really an idea that scares me. Especially with a guy like Jones. I guess I'm more in the line of thought that we need someone who can do what Barber does when Barber isn't in the game. Now I don't mean that he has to be the same physical beast that Barber is, but I think the RB we get to compliment Barber has to still be able to take the ball inside. If we start regulating the carries so Barber takes the tough inside carries and Jones takes the sprint to the corner outside carries then our offense is going to get shut down pretty quickly.

I'm not against a back who has the speed to "compliment" Barber, I'm just for a back that has abilities beyond outside running. It is possible that Jones could end up being a successful back in the league, a la Willie Parker, but I just don't see it. However, a lot of people seem to disagree. I guess for me the risk just doesn't outweigh the potential reward.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed;1965546 said:
Ive been VERY high on Heath Benedict for awhile now. I like his nasty streak, think thats what this team is missing somewhat. I also like his ability to play different positions on the o line. HERE is another guy who I may like even better, THINK he can be had in round three.........
Chad Rinehart Height: 6-5 | Weight: 308 | 40-Time: 5.20
chadrinehart.jpg

Official Bio

two.gif
Strengths:
Terrific size and a big frame...Tough and physical...A decent athlete with excellent feet...Smart...Displays good power...Stout at the point of attack and gets a great push...Does a nice job in space and can get to the second level..Has some upside.

Weaknesses:
Did not play against top competition...Need to play with better leverage and keep his pad level down...Displays poor footwork and hand use and is still raw when it comes to his technique...Has some trouble with quickness..Has lapses in intensity.

Notes:
Could also project outside to tackle at the next level...Redshirted in '03 and then went on to become a four-year starter at left tackle..Has all the physical tools and most of his flaws can be corrected.

Put in some time researching this guy. Seems to have the nasty attitude needed to be a dominant lineman at the next level. Can play guard or tackle. Possible replacement for Kosier after a year of seasoning??? Free at Left tackle, Rinehart at left guard in the coming years??? BTW.....I know this particular draft site has him as a midrounder, this BIO is out of date. Rinehart is now shooting up most draft boards. He's a late 2nd, or 3rd rounder IMO.
This post made my day. This guy very well may be the one player I feel we have to get in the 3rd round. He projects to OG in the NFL and we'll need a replacement for Kosier in a year or so possibly. Like you said, nasty. We need nasty on the OL. I hope Hudson Houck is in love with this kid.

I'm serious, he is quite possibly my favorite sleeper.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Excuse me for interjecting fellas but, this is quite possibly the best thread that I have read on this board in days.

Kudos.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
skinsscalper;1965663 said:
Excuse me for interjecting fellas but, this is quite possibly the best thread that I have read on this board in days.

Kudos.
I 2nd that. It was pure football talk and outstanding.

Kobal

Reaction score
That'd be great if we draft 1 or 2 O-linemen every year, preferably 3rd-5th round range. And with Hudson Houck coaching them... :drool: :laugh2:

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
Great thread , yes.

But ruined by the constant use of "compliment" for the correct word,"complement"

Grammar police, pg.126.

COMPLEMENT!!!!

"Nice run Marion", Felix Jones says.

"Thank you for the COMPLIMENT", replies Marion." You are a very good COMPLEMENTARY back, Felix."

"Dont mention it Marion", replies Felix.

LOL

J/k boys.

Great thread.

stay cool

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
i can easily see a scenario where marten does not make the team this year.

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
Well Gee, THANKS everybody! And as an added bonus.......WE DID go out and sign Thomas! I knew it, could just feel it in my bones. He is going to be a GREAT addition!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed;1966007 said:
Well Gee, THANKS everybody! And as an added bonus.......WE DID go out and sign Thomas! I knew it, could just feel it in my bones. He is going to be a GREAT addition!
Makes me want to dance. Trade for Roy Williams next. IMO.

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
Hostile;1966013 said:
Makes me want to dance. Trade for Roy Williams next. IMO.
.........Yep. Ive been noticing lately we think alot alike. You kow what they say about GREAT minds!...;) Now if I could only use this great mind for something more than Dallas Cowboys football!....Nawwwww, why waste it, now what could be more important than the Dallas Cowboys!...NOTHING. :D

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I actually watched Rinehart live last year. UNI is a pass happy offense and he is a pretty athletic left tackle. However, the level of competition in I-AA is obviously much lower and he'd likely take some grooming.

He's already pretty big, but he isn't sloppy either. I think he has the frame that could add some muscle and he'd probably really benefit from a NFL weight program (like I hope Free has been in the past year).

As others have stated, he's probably going to have to move inside to guard, but he could probably play tackle in a pinch.

His teammate, Brandon Keith, is also getting some recognition and is at the combine as well. His background isn't quite as glowing as Rinehart's though.