Here's something important to know about the Internet

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I watched this Youtube video that showed you how you can take a banana and smear it all over your car's license plate to make it impossible to photograph it. Something in the banana makes any photo of the plate overexposed. So if you want to beat photo radar or toll roads, just smear a banana all over your plates, and then drive as fast as you want, and skip all the tolls, and you're good. There's just one problem. It doesn't bleepin' work! I smeared a banana all over my plates, and then I photographed one of the plates with my cell phone. You can see my plate number perfectly! How annoying.
I've used Youtube to learn how to do a lot of stuff. You can learn to play certain songs on guitar. I needed to install a swag hook into my ceiling to hold up a potted plant. No problem. The Youtube video showed me how. I needed to install a drywall anchor to hold up a coat rack. No prob -- plenty of videos showed me how. I needed to clean up some mold in a shower. Again, a Youtube video was perfect for showing me how.
But here's the thing: Not all the info on Youtube is correct. There is some BS. That banana trick to make your license plate un-photographable is bogus. If you've smeared a banana all over your plates and then you drove through a bunch of photo radar traps or toll roads, I've got news for you. You'll be getting some big bills in the mail.
Therefore, I thought it important to come in here to this forum to notify you of one thing, in case you don't already know: Not everything on the Internet is true. Who knew? I sure hope it doesn't turn out that Bigfoot isn't real. I'm a big fan of his, and I'll be crushed if it turns out that he doesn't exist.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was a terrible lesson for me as well. I grabbed a banana and was headed to my car's license plate when I fell backwards all of a sudden. Hard.

I was out for a few moments but saw Amber Heard standing over me when I came to. Her mouth was full and it was difficult understanding her but she told me, "I was eating a banana and dropped the peel you slipped on. Sorry. I was hungry."

She walked off without saying another word. I must be honest. That was random but the old saying is true: "A lesson learned is a lesson earned."

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I watched this Youtube video that showed you how you can take a banana and smear it all over your car's license plate to make it impossible to photograph it. Something in the banana makes any photo of the plate overexposed. So if you want to beat photo radar or toll roads, just smear a banana all over your plates, and then drive as fast as you want, and skip all the tolls, and you're good. There's just one problem. It doesn't bleepin' work! I smeared a banana all over my plates, and then I photographed one of the plates with my cell phone. You can see my plate number perfectly! How annoying.
I've used Youtube to learn how to do a lot of stuff. You can learn to play certain songs on guitar. I needed to install a swag hook into my ceiling to hold up a potted plant. No problem. The Youtube video showed me how. I needed to install a drywall anchor to hold up a coat rack. No prob -- plenty of videos showed me how. I needed to clean up some mold in a shower. Again, a Youtube video was perfect for showing me how.
But here's the thing: Not all the info on Youtube is correct. There is some BS. That banana trick to make your license plate un-photographable is bogus. If you've smeared a banana all over your plates and then you drove through a bunch of photo radar traps or toll roads, I've got news for you. You'll be getting some big bills in the mail.
Therefore, I thought it important to come in here to this forum to notify you of one thing, in case you don't already know: Not everything on the Internet is true. Who knew? I sure hope it doesn't turn out that Bigfoot isn't real. I'm a big fan of his, and I'll be crushed if it turns out that he doesn't exist.
Did you try taking the picture at night, with a flash?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It was a terrible lesson for me as well. I grabbed a banana and was headed to my car's license plate when I fell backwards all of a sudden. Hard.

I was out for a few moments but saw Amber Heard standing over me when I came to. Her mouth was full and it was difficult understanding her but she told me, "I was eating a banana and dropped the peel you slipped on. Sorry. I was hungry."

She walked off without saying another word. I must be honest. That was random but the old saying is true: "A lesson learned is a lesson earned."
And a penny saved is practically useless.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Did you try taking the picture at night, with a flash?
I didn't. Maybe I should try that. Back when I lived in Commierado, I used to buy this stuff that you could spray on your plates to make it overexpose when their photo-mugyou-radar system took your pic to automatically give you a ticket. Maybe the banana causes the same overexposure with a flash. Hhhhmmmmmm. I don't need that spray here because photoradar is illegal in Nebraska. I was recently driving through other states, however, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas.

Creeper

Reaction score
Careful. Many states do not allow sprays, gels and covers that block license plates from being read. Some more specific in the wording than others but in general the intent is to prevent you from blocking their cameras from photographing you and your plates. Read you state laws and I bet you will find a loophole to climb through. For example, there are devices that will emit a quick flash of light when they detect the flash on a red light camera. The flash creates light interference which could render the photo unreadable. Since these devices do not cover the plate they could skirt the typical license plate cover laws.

I was wondering if the same technology could be used to jam laser speed detectors. I don't know if broadcasting invisible light frequencies is illegal though.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Or just buy yourself one of those auto license plate flippers. :grin:

MetallicNimbleDodo-max-1mb.gif
IllustriousFrighteningBadger-max-1mb.gif

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Durian is where it's at. It's the smell. Even emotionless, robotic cameras can't stand it.
Then throw balut at the... wait. Don't throw balut at anything.
That's just wrong.