Here's what I'd like to see happen

Thefeelofcotton

Mandalorian
Reaction score
Understand this is just my opinion and I'm open to other ideas.

If the Cowboys do indeed get a top 3 pick, they should trade down within the top ten for more picks, trade tyron smith for picks, draft a LT in the first round, Center with another 1st/2nd round pick then fill the DL with studs.

This team could have Roger Staubach under center with this OL and he'd get creamed every play.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score

If the Cowboys do indeed get a top 3 pick, they should trade down within the top ten for more picks, trade tyron smith for picks, draft a LT in the first round, Center with another 1st/2nd round pick then fill the DL with studs.

This team could have Roger Staubach under center with this OL and he'd get creamed every play.
If you're first two picks are oline, where are you getting these stud dl at?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Well if we trade tyron for picks and trade down they could come later in the 1st or early 2nd round
I think you're really overestimated what you'll get in a trade. I doubt you get a 1 for tyron, maybe not even a 2. The guy has a big contract and just had season ending neck surgery.

If you dont get a dl early to mid 1st its hard to say hes a day 1 starter. 2nd and 3rd round picks are far from a given. Tristan hill and gallimore for example.

My fear for 2021 is you can patch the ol or the dl, likely not both. The cowboys just don't seem to have the resources. You may have to roll the dice on both Ts coming back healthy and at least one of these young interior OL stepping up.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Honestly, I’m already checked out for the year.

I listen to every imaginable trade as nobody in this roster is safe.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
clean house from quarterback to punter and start fresh we might suffer financially at start but it is worth it at the end
bring new group and mold them to your plan ..trying to fix what you have is not going to work

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

Well, yeah...Roger is 78 years old...soooooo...LOL, jk., but i get your drift.. Hope they could hit on those picks. I think from the OL, our C Badazzz is the only keeper there. McGovern, Williams, Steele and some other dude can't remember are pure garbage.

I would not discount the Jones' if they got the pick 3, would go for a franchise QB. They don't seem to feel Prescott is franchise and especially $40m+ money year for a rebuilding team. Money could be used for talent and going with a franchise QB on a rookie contract.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
clean house from quarterback to punter and start fresh we might suffer financially at start but it is worth it at the end
bring new group and mold them to your plan ..trying to fix what you have is not going to work

I’ll even buy the tshirt