Here's why I like McCarthy

Buzzbait

Reaction score
google “what happened in green bay “

eye opening article. It’s a long read.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay

missing offensive meetings to get back rubs?

Well I can't speak to all the crap between him and Rogers, but McCarthy wouldn't be the 1st HC to get fired from one team and find success at another. There's no guarantees one way or the other, but I'm going to give the guy the benefit of the doubt until he shows he doesn't deserve it.

If it doesn't work out, Jerry will fire him. Jerry won't hold onto Mac ten years like he did with Garrett unless he produces.
McCarthy has shown that not only can he win, he can win it all because he did. That's more than Garrett did.
I have hope for the guy if we can put a team together.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Well I can't speak to all the crap between him and Rogers, but McCarthy wouldn't be the 1st HC to get fired from one team and find success at another. There's no guarantees one way or the other, but I'm going to give the guy the benefit of the doubt until he shows he doesn't deserve it.

If it doesn't work out, Jerry will fire him. Jerry won't hold onto Mac ten years like he did with Garrett unless he produces.
McCarthy has shown that not only can he win, he can win it all because he did. That's more than Garrett did.
I have hope for the guy if we can put a team together.

"About once a week, a meeting would start up and McCarthy was MIA. Players weren't quite sure where he was while, for example, an assistant coach would run the team's final prep on the Saturday before a game. Eventually, word leaked that McCarthy, the one calling plays on game day, was up in his office getting a massage during those meetings.

One player had the same massage therapist, and she let it slip that McCarthy would sneak her up a back stairway to his office while the rest of the team prepared for that week's opponent.

"That was when guys were like, 'What the heck?'" says one longtime Packer. "Everybody was like, 'Really? Wow.'"

Rodgers in particular was not thrilled"

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I will like McCarthy for one reason only.... winning. All the rest, just a reason to justify you wanting a new coach. If this guy loses, you wont like McCarthy, no matter that list you made up.

Buzzbait

Reaction score

"About once a week, a meeting would start up and McCarthy was MIA. Players weren't quite sure where he was while, for example, an assistant coach would run the team's final prep on the Saturday before a game. Eventually, word leaked that McCarthy, the one calling plays on game day, was up in his office getting a massage during those meetings.

One player had the same massage therapist, and she let it slip that McCarthy would sneak her up a back stairway to his office while the rest of the team prepared for that week's opponent.

"That was when guys were like, 'What the heck?'" says one longtime Packer. "Everybody was like, 'Really? Wow.'"

"Word leaked". Any trouble maker can "LEAK" garbage. Just like fake news.
So what's your point? You keep pushing this issue but he's already hired. You think they should fire him now before he coaches even one game because an obnoxious QB has a personal vendetta against him?

McCarthy was hired to win games. If he does that, then who cares about A. Rogers' personal vendetta?
If McCarthy is unsuccessful, then they'll get rid of him. What more could you ask for than that??
Give the guy a break. Time will tell, will it not?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
So what's your point? You keep pushing this issue but he's already hired. You think they should fire him now before he coaches even one game because an obnoxious QB has a personal vendetta against him?

McCarthy was hired to win games. If he does that, then who cares about A. Rogers' personal vendetta?
If McCarthy is unsuccessful, then they'll get rid of him. What more could you ask for than that??

He may or may not be the savior coach everyone wanted after Jason was fired.

I’m not drinking the green...or blue...koolaid until I see some wins.

also, the DC hire was a mess. Nolan? Really?

at least we have Edwards and Tomsula.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Garrett was unsuccessful and Jerry kept him around for 10 damn years. I guess we'll see how short the leash is this time around.

starman22

Reaction score

So out of all the hours in a day and all the days in the week, he waited until the final game prep the Head Coach would come up missing and sneak out for a massage? Color me not convinced this ever happened.

Sounds about like the Wal Mart video to me (which we still haven't seen). Someone leaking things to the media to get an issue started.

I think he and Rodgers didn't get along, shocker! Word is Rodgers is a Class A jerk.