Herman Johnson has lost 30 pounds

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
NFL.com is reporting L.S.U. guard Herman Johnson has lost 30 pounds since the end of the college season. [per draftdaddy

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Adam Schefter
LSU’s Johnson shedding pounds ahead of Combine
Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Herman Johnson, NFL Combine

Days before the combine in Indianapolis, LSU offensive lineman Herman Johnson already is one of the biggest losers.

The 6-foot-8 Johnson has lost over 30 pounds in his preparation for this week’s tests for NFL teams. He will participate in all the drills at the combine.

At LSU, Johnson played guard. But in the NFL, because of his arm length — Johnson’s arms were the longest measured at the Senior Bowl — he could be moved to offensive tackle.

Wherever he plays, Johnson will have the chance to show off his makeover this week.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Good for him. Sounds like he's taking it very serious and is doing all he can to be in the best shape possible.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i like him, he is a monster at guard,

can really open holes in the running game, and i think with the weight down he could play right offensive tackle pretty good,

but main thing, in time he could take over for Kosier at guard, and help push leonard davis at guard too,

hendog

Reaction score
Good to see when guys realize the opportunity of a lifetime and try to seize it.I was luke warm on him before because of his weight.

Verdict

Reaction score
That sounds great, but he was playing major college football and still couldn't keep the weight off. It is highly likely that his coaches wanted him to play at a lighter weight, but he couldn't keep the weight off.

Now, he realizes that if he can control his weight temporarily, that he can cash in for a big payday. His motivation to get the weight off is greater now than probably any other time in his life. But once he gets drafted, his motivation will be less, and once he signs a contract, even less.

I wish the young man well, but the team that drafts him will be bucking the odds of him keeping it off. You have to evaluate him as a 380 pound player, because he is likely to revert to that form once the draft is over.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
your probably right verdict, good point, but i still like him, he is a monster at guard