Hey Daboys, nfldraftscout

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
You keep telling me my round projections are way off and to use nfldraftscout, but I go to NFLDRAFTSCOUT and when I try and look up positions like N.T.'s F.S.'s or whatever position, they only list the top 5 at each position, so unless you want me to PAY for the site, it's almost useless to me and anyone else for that matter since it only gives the top 5 at each position which you can pretty much get off of any site.

You say my player projections are WAY OFF, and I should use draftscout, so I would like you to tell me WHO on my list is WAY OFF and where nfldraftscout has them ranked, cause I can't find anything other then the top 5 from each position, so you'll never find 5/6 of my draftees at nfldraftscout to figure out where they have them projected, so please, HUMOR ME, show me where I can find where nfldraftscout has players like N.T. Antonio Dixon, or F.S. Lendy Holmes etc, etc., are ranked on nfldraftscout, cause I can't find anyhitng other then the top 5 at each position, unless you know something I don't, which apparently you do since you told me to go to that site.

So if you could direct me to where on that site I can find where all the players I have in my mock are ranked on nfldraftscout where you said I should go since my rankings on what rounds I have my players going are really way off base that would be great, I can only assume you are PAYING for the site, but then again you told me to go there without paying, so please, direct me to where I can see where all the players in my mock are ranked on nfldraftscout cause you told me to go there and I can't find anyhting other then the top 5 at each position unless you pay for it.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2441922 said:
You keep telling me my round projections are way off and to use nfldraftscout, but I go to NFLDRAFTSCOUT and when I try and look up positions like N.T.'s F.S.'s or whatever position, they only list the top 5 at each position, so unless you want me to PAY for the site, it's almost useless to me and anyone else for that matter since it only gives the top 5 at each position which you can pretty much get off of any site.

NFL Draft Scout is great, but it is indeed a pay site... it's the first pay site I've ever paid for, but only because immediately after the draft, they ran a special, 9.95 for the next 12 months, and I took advantage of that offer... so since I have access, I'll make this offer-- list the players you're interested in, and I'll tell you where NFL Draft Scout has them going right now...

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
No need to even do that. Go to nfldraftscout.com (which is great but hardly the ultimate source of knowledge) and type the prospects name into the search. Do that and you'll get the projected round and the rank of that player among his position for example Vince Oghobasse is the 7th ranked DT (class of 2010) and is considered a third round pick.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
I'm gonna guess that the players you're asking about are in your last mock draft, in another thread, so here's how NFL Draft Scout rates each:

Round 2: D.E. Vince Oghobaase-- a junior, if he comes out, they project him as a 3rd rounder... so the late 2nd round doesn't seem to be a great reach here...

Round 3: N.T. Dorell Scott-- they rate him a 3rd rounder... no reach there...

Round 4: O.T. Augustus Parrish-- rated a 3rd rounder, with an upward pointing arrow that is their key that he's rising the draft boards... so he might well not be there in the 4th... still, certainly not a reach...

Round 4: O.G. Derrick Dockery-- rated a 6th rounder, which I find curious... bluntly, I think they underrate him...

Round 5: I.L.B. Jasper Brinkley-- rated a 7th rounder... a bit of a reach here...

Round 5: F.S. Lendy Holmes-- the first real reach, IMO, he's rated a 7th rounder/free agent type... he's the 16th rated FS, the 300th rated player overall on their draft board...

Round 5: F.S. Nate Ness-- a SERIOUS reach on their board, Ness is the 39th rated FS on their board... he isn't even listed among their top 750... he has fallen down their draft board, at the start of the season he was their 31st rated FS, the 661st player overall...

Round 6: D.E. Nader Abdallah--rated a free agent type, he's the 466th ranked player on their board...

Round 7: D.E. Demonte Bolden-- good value here, they rate him a 7th round/free agent type, their 243rd ranked player overall...

Round 7: N.T. Antonio Dixon-- again, rated as an undrafted rookie free agent, their 404th ranked player...

Round 7: N.T./D.E. Myron Pryor-- actually rates higher than either Abdallah or Dixon, he's their 305th ranked prospect... this is still an undrafted rookie free agent grade, but it isn't much of a reach...

So going by NFL Draft Scout, your first 4 or 5 picks aren't bad, most of the rest (except for Bolden) seem to be reaches, the kinds of players the Boys could sign as undrafted rookie free agents...

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;2441981 said:
I'm gonna guess that the players you're asking about are in your last mock draft, in another thread, so here's how NFL Draft Scout rates each:

Round 2: D.E. Vince Oghobaase-- a junior, if he comes out, they project him as a 3rd rounder... so the late 2nd round doesn't seem to be a great reach here...

Round 3: N.T. Dorell Scott-- they rate him a 3rd rounder... no reach there...

Round 4: O.T. Augustus Parrish-- rated a 3rd rounder, with an upward pointing arrow that is their key that he's rising the draft boards... so he might well not be there in the 4th... still, certainly not a reach...

Round 4: O.G. Derrick Dockery-- rated a 6th rounder, which I find curious... bluntly, I think they underrate him...

Round 5: I.L.B. Jasper Brinkley-- rated a 7th rounder... a bit of a reach here...

Round 5: F.S. Lendy Holmes-- the first real reach, IMO, he's rated a 7th rounder/free agent type... he's the 16th rated FS, the 300th rated player overall on their draft board...

Round 5: F.S. Nate Ness-- a SERIOUS reach on their board, Ness is the 39th rated FS on their board... he isn't even listed among their top 750... he has fallen down their draft board, at the start of the season he was their 31st rated FS, the 661st player overall...

Round 6: D.E. Nader Abdallah--rated a free agent type, he's the 466th ranked player on their board...

Round 7: D.E. Demonte Bolden-- good value here, they rate him a 7th round/free agent type, their 243rd ranked player overall...

Round 7: N.T. Antonio Dixon-- again, rated as an undrafted rookie free agent, their 404th ranked player...

Round 7: N.T./D.E. Myron Pryor-- actually rates higher than either Abdallah or Dixon, he's their 305th ranked prospect... this is still an undrafted rookie free agent grade, but it isn't much of a reach...

So going by NFL Draft Scout, your first 4 or 5 picks aren't bad, most of the rest (except for Bolden) seem to be reaches, the kinds of players the Boys could sign as undrafted rookie free agents...

Interesting cuase Daboys fan said all my projections are WAY OFF BASE!
the fact that my top 4 or 5 picks are pretty much as close as you can get, and the later round picks are anyone's guess anyway, I don't know what he was talkin about.

So basically my top 5 picks are as close as you can get, and that's using Walter football and it seems nfldraftscout agrees, and the rest are ranked lower on nfldraftscout and higher just a bit on walterfootball, so going by the AVERAGE, I'd say most of my picks weren't reaches and weren't too far off at all, yet Daboys fan says they were ALL WAY OFF BASE using nfldraftscout, so obviously something is wrong here in his assessment of my mock draft.

No one is right or wrong right now, but it's not like I had us selecting Myron Rolle with oru 2nd round pick or anything crazy, and ocne you get past round 4 and 5, you're guess and walterfootball, nfldraftscout, etc., etc., etc. are just as good as anyone's and it's more based on who you'd like us to get and it's not unrealistic to think a guy they have projected as a 7th rounder or F/A wouldn't be a reach at all in round 6, and what not.

Like I said, right now the mocks you can use on projections are limited to the 1st 4 rounds till everything shapes out, after that, the rankings of players fluctuate so much it's ridiculous to say who will go in what round at this point, my later round picks 5-7 are basically players I would like to see us take a lfier on late in the draft and it was also to show I'd like to OVERLOAD at the D-line position this year since everyone on the D-line w/ the exception of Ratliff are expendable, although I'd like to re-sign Canty, the rest could all be cut IMO providing we use 2 of our top 3 picks on D-line and then grab a few extra late rounders with potential to be a steal.

He had a knee injury he is coming back from in 2007, my ugess is he'll be a steal in round 5, I mean, just to show how different sites have guys ranked and rated all over the place, Great Blue North (GBN) has Brinkley ranked 77th OVERALL, and Walterfootballl as we know has him ranked 5th round, nfldraftscout has him a 7th rounder, and nfldraftcountdown has him as the 6th rated I.L.B., so some players are all over the board, so is it really a bit of a reach when 3 out of the 4 sites have him ranked as a 5th rounder or better w/ one site having him in the top 75 and only nfldraftscout has him ranked lower?
I only went with wlaterfootball to make it easier for now, but you really need to look at 4 or 5 really good sites to find a good median on where a player is projected, which I'm sure all of us will do come draft time, for now it's just too much hassell with the football season not even being over yet to really break allt he players rankings down, I'm sure we can all agree some players will go much higher andmuch lower then we are alll projecitng now, but it's not like I was out of left field and wanted to get Michael Crabtree in round 2 or anything really out of whack like that. LOL

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
I have nfldraftscout along with walterfootball and nfldraftcountdown as 3 very top sites.

I have narrowed it down to only 3 or 4 sites I use, and threw out about 50 other sites as complete garbage, you really should know most sites that some might think are good actually are ******** and suck, the way I determined the ones to throw out and the ones to keep was simple, I'd look at their projecitons the day after drafts the past few years to see where they had guys ranked and where players actually went, I don't do that anymore cause I got a good 3 year consensus that I feel the site is good enough and earned my respect and no need to do that, others I have thrown out for various reasons, usually it's because I find something SO OFF THE WALL that there's no way the guy has a clue what he's talkin about, I actually saw some sites last year that had McFadden ranked like 80th overall a month prior to the draft, I mean, even if you don't like him, you can't rank him that low, that's just ******** and tells me the site is completely clueless, or maybe I'd see a surefire 2nd rounder on 99% of the sites like lets use Safety Patrick Chung as an example now, and I see this site has him ranked as a 7th rounder, I look for one BIG discrepency to determine the site as a joke like McFadden for instance ranked 80th overall, so just keep that in mind when using most other sites, try and look to see if they have any RIDICULOUS ******** out of whack rankings, even if it's just one player, and I would never use that site again and have most of the sites that are horrendous and should never be used written down so I know to never use them.

Some of the ones I've thrown out as complete garbage are
Ropbs scouting
draft ace
draft daddy
draft studio
draftseason.com
draftboardinsider
fftoolbox
huddlegeeks
sportznutz
nfldraftblitz

Those are just a few I will never use ever again and it's amazing they actually waste their time on something they don't have a clue about.