Hey, I'm moving to N. Virginia, near D.C.

Tony D

Reaction score
anybody live around there? How is it? Details, I need details. Even if you've just visited the area. Weather? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Tony D said:
anybody live around there? How is it? Details, I need details. Even if you've just visited the area. Weather? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Where are you moving specifically? Northern Virginia is a big area and varies from place to place.

All in all it's a nice area. The weather is very humid during the summer. The housing market is very expensive and inflated right now... sorry about that.

Depending on what part of N. VA you're moving to, it can be difficult to buy a single-family home for under $500,000.

The commute and traffic depends on where you're living and where you're commuting to.

If you have any specific questions, let me know. I'd be happy to help you out. I live in Leesburg, which is well outside of the Metro DC area, but is in Northern Virginia nonetheless.

Tony D

Reaction score
Danny White said:
Where are you moving specifically? Northern Virginia is a big area and varies from place to place.

All in all it's a nice area. The weather is very humid during the summer. The housing market is very expensive and inflated right now... sorry about that.

Depending on what part of N. VA you're moving to, it can be difficult to buy a single-family home for under $500,000.

The commute and traffic depends on where you're living and where you're commuting to.

If you have any specific questions, let me know. I'd be happy to help you out. I live in Leesburg, which is well outside of the Metro DC area, but is in Northern Virginia nonetheless.

Hey DW, moving to Chantilly. That's near Leesburg, right?

I gotta run now. I'll be back later and will post more. Thanks for the help. Talk to you soon.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Tony D said:
Hey DW, moving to Chantilly. That's near Leesburg, right?

I gotta run now. I'll be back later and will post more. Thanks for the help. Talk to you soon.

Not exactly close... probably still a half hour away from Leesburg (Leesburg is really far west... as far as No VA goes), but it is in my general stomping grounds. I work in Herndon, which is very close to Chantilly, and I have some employees that live in Chantilly. It's a nice area.

When are you getting out here?

Tony D

Reaction score
Danny White said:
Not exactly close... probably still a half hour away from Leesburg (Leesburg is really far west... as far as No VA goes), but it is in my general stomping grounds. I work in Herndon, which is very close to Chantilly, and I have some employees that live in Chantilly. It's a nice area.

When are you getting out here?

I'm moving down there at the beginning of September. My lease here in Michigan ends at the end of August, so as soon as that's up I'm heading down.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Tony D said:
I'm moving down there at the beginning of September. My lease here in Michigan ends at the end of August, so as soon as that's up I'm heading down.

Well, welcome to the neighborhood. Let me know if you have any questions.

You should also try to make it to the Monday Night Football Skins/Cowboys game on Sept 27... I'm throwing a big Cowboys tailgate. I'll be posting some more info on it here later.