Hey Jones... replace Jones with Jones

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I think Jerry Jones should look to Felix Jones to replace Julius Jones.

We have to think of long term here.
Its happening right before our eyes.... we are getting the late 90's-early 00's back in Jerry

s18sec4.jpeg

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Chris Johnson has a more explosive first step and a higher top speed. Being a change of pace back, the fact that he is 5'11 195lbs shouldn't be a big deal.

Think Eric Metcalf. A third down back that can rush, receive, and return kicks.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1929862 said:

Its happening right before our eyes.... we are getting the late 90's-early 00's back in Jerry

s18sec4.jpeg

I clearly see Feflix Jones an option along with some other backs in this draft.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
If we could get him to wear #21 as well then I wouldn't even need to buy a new shirt.

Otherwise what else am I going to do with it??

zeromaster

Reaction score
Some reports have Johnson as having trouble with fumbles and not being much of a blocker. How true that is, only time will tell. If true, speed may not be enough.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
YoMick;1929862 said:

s18sec4.jpeg

:starspin I agree, Felix Jones would be a good replacement for Julius Jones.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;1929932 said:
Chris Johnson has a more explosive first step and a higher top speed. Being a change of pace back, the fact that he is 5'11 195lbs shouldn't be a big deal.

Think Eric Metcalf. A third down back that can rush, receive, and return kicks.

I think you're giong to find out that there isn't much speed difference between Johnson and Jones.

Jones will end up being a better all-around back in my opinion.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
zeromaster;1930112 said:
Some reports have Johnson as having trouble with fumbles and not being much of a blocker. How true that is, only time will tell. If true, speed may not be enough.

Johnson has smallish hands, but not fumbling is more related to effort NOT to fumble. Sure small hands can effect it, but if you don't want to fumble, you just need to take care of the ball.

As for his blocking, he isn't huge. He will have to learn to block with technique rather than brut force. With his abilities, I doubt he will be a full time blocker anyhow. They would more likely use Barber, Witten, or the full back.

With Johnson's speed, burst, and elusiveness. He is a much better weapon as a third down receiver out of the backfield. Linebackers and safeties would be in coverage hell.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1930139 said:
I think you're giong to find out that there isn't much speed difference between Johnson and Jones.

Jones will end up being a better all-around back in my opinion.

Lets just say, I disagree in a big way. Not only is Johnson faster, his first step leaves Jones gasping for air.

I'm not anti-Felix Jones. I like him, it's just his tools do not compare to Johnson's. He has more speed, he has a more explosive first step, he is more elusive (what I mean by that is he can get out of traffic. Running in open space is not a show of elusiveness, it's a show of speed which we can both agree Johnson DOES have) Also to note, he can break tackles. Not on the level that say Adrian Peterson does, but he does a better job than both McFadden and Felix Jones do. Lastly, he is a better receiver.

*cough* kick and punt returner *cough*

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
TX_Yid;1930092 said:
If we could get him to wear #21 as well then I wouldn't even need to buy a new shirt.

Otherwise what else am I going to do with it??

yeah I thought about that a while back LOL

But... if you had a engagement ring for one girl then broke it off... saved the ring.... met a new girl down the road... do you give her the same ring? :eek:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;1930152 said:
Johnson has smallish hands, but not fumbling is more related to effort NOT to fumble. Sure small hands can effect it, but if you don't want to fumble, you just need to take care of the ball.

As for his blocking, he isn't huge. He will have to learn to block with technique rather than brut force. With his abilities, I doubt he will be a full time blocker anyhow. They would more likely use Barber, Witten, or the full back.

With Johnson's speed, burst, and elusiveness. He is a much better weapon as a third down receiver out of the backfield. Linebackers and safeties would be in coverage hell.

So this guy has little hands and a little body?

And you want us to spend a 1st on him?

Sigh...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1930171 said:
So this guy has little hands and a little body?

And you want us to spend a 1st on him?

Sigh...

Who said a #1? I want a CB and Malcolm Kelly!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I would be really happy with either one, to be honest. The reports about the fumbling and blocking has lead me to lean more toward hoping for Felix but I won't complain either way.

And, yes, either one I'd rather have in the 2nd round and go WR/CB in the first. Whatever order nets us the best results at those positions.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
YoMick;1930168 said:
yeah I thought about that a while back LOL

But... if you had a engagement ring for one girl then broke it off... saved the ring.... met a new girl down the road... do you give her the same ring? :eek:

As long as it fits....why not? :D

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
felix jones and mb3 would be unstoppable.

it would be what julius and mb3 were supposed to be.

marion lived up to his role.......felix would too.

MC KAos

Reaction score
YoMick;1929862 said:

s18sec4.jpeg

http://i58.***BLOCKED***/albums/g274/fakemxcan/Kip-Dynamite-Costume_link.jpg

"thats what im talking about"