Hey Pittdawg---

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
Did you hear Madden giving props to your son last night?!

He talked about him at length on the pregame show on ESPN, then made several mentions of him during the game. Geez, I'm only "related" on the board, & even I was excited! Must have been really something for you & your family to hear Madden talking about him like that. (Said he & Parcells had talked before the game & that Parcells really likes Pettiti.) Hopefully he'll be a Boy officially very soon. (Have a feeling he will.) :starspin

pittdawg

Proud Father
Reaction score
Kittymama said:
Did you hear Madden giving props to your son last night?!

He talked about him at length on the pregame show on ESPN, then made several mentions of him during the game. Geez, I'm only "related" on the board, & even I was excited! Must have been really something for you & your family to hear Madden talking about him like that. (Said he & Parcells had talked before the game & that Parcells really likes Pettiti.) Hopefully he'll be a Boy officially very soon. (Have a feeling he will.) :starspin
i must admit it was surreal to hear your son's name mentioned on Monday Night Football. i think madden got a little carried away, but i'll take it. funny moment, seeing my son on the sideline and having my wife not recognize him. she said he looked terrible with his new haircut, at which i pointed out, not his choice.

Reaction score
It looked like he is catching on at RT and should only improve with each effort out there...

Congrats, your son has made it! :)

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
pittdawg said:
funny moment, seeing my son on the sideline and having my wife not recognize him. she said he looked terrible with his new haircut, at which i pointed out, not his choice.

At least he didn't get the "Everett McIver Special." :eek:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Tell Rob we are pulling for him. And congrats on not only making the team but fighting it out for a starting position.

So when can I get my autographed jersey? :D (just kidding)

cowboyfreak

Reaction score
pittdawg said:
i must admit it was surreal to hear your son's name mentioned on Monday Night Football. i think madden got a little carried away, but i'll take it. funny moment, seeing my son on the sideline and having my wife not recognize him. she said he looked terrible with his new haircut, at which i pointed out, not his choice.

That is awesome, Congratulations!

He has definately made the team but more importantly he is winning the starting spot in my opinion. He has a ways to go , but you and the Cowboy coaching staff must be pleased with the amount of progress he's shown in just a short amount of time.

To me he looked a lot better this week than last. He seems to have really good footwork for a big man. Once he gets fully acclimated to the right side, I think some of the recognition problems will fade.

I have a question about Rob's demeanor:

is he a real fiery guy? mean streak? even keel? real emotional? or other?

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
Nothing but major props! Rob has made strides and will continue to get better. I for one am very excited about him on the right side. I also liked where I read that he and LA are going to studey film together. Again sir, you da man! :bow:

mullet

Reaction score
pittdawg said:
she said he looked terrible with his new haircutQUOTE]

i think the haircut suits him. it gives him an intimidating look.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
pittdawg said:
I liked his new haircut and his svelte build. Very 90's grunge--Soundgarden--esque,
No, not in a man crush sorta way, not that here's anything wrong with that...lol.

Best thing to me was Seattle only got pressure when they stunted or blitzed and I don't even know who was going up against Rob because whoever he was never made a play anywhere near the line of scrimmage or backfield if he made any at all.

Your son needs a website PD, my guess is one of these fine posters could get that up and running.

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score
funny moment, seeing my son on the sideline and having my wife not recognize him. she said he looked terrible with his new haircut

LOL !!!!!!!

Those training camp rookie haircuts usually leave a little to be desired, I thought Rob played about as well as could be expected for his second game. He is strong and guick enough he also appears determined and motivated. One thing is both Arizona and Seattle used stunts and blitzes, they gave him some trouble but can only help when the regular season comes around.

This rookie class could go down in the Cowboy history books, certainly in the early stages this class appears to be very talented. Perhaps someday soon you'll be watching your son playing in The Super Bowl.

Congratulations! nothing is better than lifelong dreams coming true. I'm glad he's a Cowboy and not one of those dreaded Steelers........LOL

pittdawg

Proud Father
Reaction score
jobberone said:
Tell Rob we are pulling for him. And congrats on not only making the team but fighting it out for a starting position.

So when can I get my autographed jersey? :D (just kidding)

i can tell you that there were few # 78 jerseys at heinz field when pitt played, so if you are one of the few wearing # 79 i'm positive rob will sign it.

pittdawg

Proud Father
Reaction score
cowboyfreak said:
That is awesome, Congratulations!

He has definately made the team but more importantly he is winning the starting spot in my opinion. He has a ways to go , but you and the Cowboy coaching staff must be pleased with the amount of progress he's shown in just a short amount of time.

To me he looked a lot better this week than last. He seems to have really good footwork for a big man. Once he gets fully acclimated to the right side, I think some of the recognition problems will fade.

I have a question about Rob's demeanor:

is he a real fiery guy? mean streak? even keel? real emotional? or other?

i would say a quiet guy who might tear your head off then help you up.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
pittdawg said:
i would say a quiet guy who might tear your head off then help you up.
I gotta tell you Pittdawg, that's a description I like.

I think he's done enough to earn the starting RT spot. Congrats.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Rob is looking better and better with each outing........Can you say starting RT. He will be there.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pulled this blurb about Petitti from an article about the rookie class of 2005.
----------

PETITTI: The sixth-rounder from Pitt has long been a Parcells favorite. He's made a rapid climb up the depth chart, admittedly in large part because nobody else on the club seems to want this job very badly. O-line play is tough to judge with the naked eye, but we'll say this: He doesn't seem spacy like Torrin Tucker. He doesn't seem wounded like Jacob Rogers. So by simply lining up right, he's ahead of the pack.

There's a lot of things I need to learn," said Petitti, who has shifted all summer from left to right tackle. "But there are things I'm getting used to. I'm kind of getting to the point where I'm thinking maybe if I went back to the left, it'd be weird."

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Pittdawg - are you of comparable size to Rob? I mean, if he does something that irks you, does he know that you can still whip him if it becomes necessary?

pittdawg

Proud Father
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Pittdawg - are you of comparable size to Rob? I mean, if he does something that irks you, does he know that you can still whip him if it becomes necessary?

just to be on the safe side, nothing he does irks me when he is home. now when he's away that's a different story.

Champsheart

Reaction score
pittdawg said:
just to be on the safe side, nothing he does irks me when he is home. now when he's away that's a different story.

Hey Pittdawg!

I must say I thought Rob did some good things last night.

I really liked some of the power I saw from him. I do not know who that was he crumbled to the ground, but that was awesome to see.

He looked much more comfortable with his footwork as well.

You could really see that mean streak. I am looking forward to seeing more.

Congrats, I can only imagine how proud you must be of him.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
I thought he did well last week, for a rookie in his first preseason game. He showed a lot of improvement this week. If he keeps this up, he will be a solid starter this season.