Hey, Russ. Enjoyin' your 35 mil?

kskboys

Reaction score
You know what? TBH, if Dallas decides to pay Dak, the biggest cap hit of the first 3 years should be 2021. Forget the 4th year. Like I said, that year is insignificant. Focus on the first 3. Dallas isn't doing squat next year. That's the year Dak should be the highest cap hit of the three years. Do you think Jerry considers this?
No. Jerry has never understood building/throwaway years. (Whatever one wants to call them.) Jerry has consistently passed up chances to build for the future, which is why we're generally a .500 team.

Did you know that back his prime, SD offered us Antonio Cromartie for Tashard Choice?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Yeah, If we assume they will not do a deal before the 2021 season and he goes the franchise tag route again that 37.5 hit will be pretty brutal.

The cap in 2020 was $198 million. Historically it has gone up about $10 mil a year. So let's assume with no Covid it would have done "the usual", so for 2021 it would have been about $208 million. If Dak got his $40 mil next year that'd be about 20% of the cap. Now there's been articles detailing how that would not have "wrecked" the cap, and let's assume for the moment that's true. So 20% of the cap for Dak wouldn't have been a major problem.

So now we're anticipating a $175 mil cap in actuality for next year. If Dak is franchised at $37.5. that works out to about 21%.

Only 1% different. Hard to see how 1% more makes it "brutal".

Of course that assumes it WILL be $175 mil. With the Covid vaccine now being rolled out, who's to say by next season, which doesn't start officially until March 17th. That's over 2 months away. If the roll out gets to pick up steam, and new cases drop significantly, the cap could be more than $175 mil. The cap only has to go to $187.5 to make Dak's 37.5 the same 20%,

In any event nearly certainly by 2022 the virus will be gone or it won't be an issue, just about everybody will have had the shot and even if you get the disease you won't get the symptoms, meaning no overflow of hospital beds, etc.

What I'm saying is this year may be tough, but with 53 players on the active roster, that's a lot of contracts that can be re-worked, or a lot of players that you could look at releasing, like T. Crawford, that will give Dallas some more available money.

Of course if all anybody wants is another quarterback except Dak, they won't agree to any of the above.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the coming months, more so than usual...

Flamma

Reaction score
Did you know that back his prime, SD offered us Antonio Cromartie for Tashard Choice?

I did not know that. I know the results because I know who played for us, but was unaware of the offer.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is a hell of a QB. I don't understand the hate for the guy. Jealousy, I suppose.

4,000 yards, 35 TDs and 9 INTs is pretty hard to come by. That's what Wilson has averaged over the last 4 years.

Turk

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is a hell of a QB. I don't understand the hate for the guy. Jealousy, I suppose.

4,000 yards, 35 TDs and 9 INTs is pretty hard to come by. That's what Wilson has averaged over the last 4 years.
Aria with Zeke; PJ with Dak; there are people who just hate certain players.

And others like the ridiculous dacattack who are so blindly in love with a player its equally sickening

Russel Wilson is arguably an elite QB; he has performed at a very high level for at least 4 years. To me that qualifies.