Hey There Everyone

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
tl;tr version: Go Cowboys! (all that matters anyway ;) )

Good morning everyone,

another Cowboys from Europe (Düsseldorf, Germany) here. I'm Alex, 42 years old and a Cowboys fan since the NFCCG in '92 vs. the 49ers. Have a little son of 2 years, hopefully he'll be a Cowboys fan one day too.

:star:

So how did I end up here? They weren't showing much football around here, but there was one channel that hosted a game or two every now and then. But they did have the Play Offs. So at the time they were selling alot of NFL Clothes here for whatever reason, most "cool" kids ran around with 49ers or Commanders jackets even though they didnt know anything about the teams behind those colours. I liked the colour blue, so I got a Cowboys jacket.

And then came that game late at night, had to beg my mom to be allowed to stay up and watch it. And what a game that was. Didnt know too much about football, but I was instantly hooked. That young guy Aikman led his guys to glory and I was with them. I screamed when he threw that pass to Harper late in the 4th. Fortunately noone woke up.

So long story short, been a Cowboys fan ever since. Been to Dallas a couple of times and to a few games at Texas Stadium, but never at the new place. When the bad years began they showed absolutely no Cowboys games around here, only when they played a good team. I saw alot of loosing, lol. So after the Championship years during my teens I, just as you guys, had to endure alot. :D:(

Anyway, long story short, I've been a silent reader of this forum for a long time now. So why register right now? To be honest, I couldnt stand all the Cooper Rush hate during last week. Signed up on Saturday to stand up for him. Unfortunately my account hasnt been checked out before just this morning (9:30am here now), so I was too late. But that win makes me happy even more because of that. Don't hate guys, they're all Cowboys, our team!

Sooo, looking forward to meet you guys in the Fanzone, so long!

Stay healthy and have a great week! At least that last part shouldnt be too hard, eh?

Regards.

Alex

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Willkommen! I don't speak German, just knew that word. Glad you decided to make yourself known. Nothing worse than a lurking German! ;) You seem like a genuinely nice guy, and you're clearly intelligent enough to be a Cowboys fan. I assume you can get all the games online nowadays? Looking forward to getting to know our latest Cowboy brother (or sister...Alex) and hope you enjoy your time here!

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Thank you. Brother that is. :)

Today watching the games is no issue anymore due to NFL Game Pass and there are a lot more games on TV.

But the time difference is the main obstacle when it comes to watching the games live. Today is a holiday though over here, so Sunday night football was on. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thank you. Brother that is. :)

Today watching the games is no issue anymore due to NFL Game Pass and there are a lot more games on TV.

But the time difference is the main obstacle when it comes to watching the games live. Today is a holiday though over here, so Sunday night football was on. :thumbup:
Just so you know, when you're reading someone's post (this one, for instance) and you want to reply directly to that post, click on the "Reply" button within that post's box, and it will copy the post above what you type, and notify that person that you responded to it...like this one did for you.

KJ2978

Reaction score
tl;tr version: Go Cowboys! (all that matters anyway ;) )

Good morning everyone,

another Cowboys from Europe (Düsseldorf, Germany) here. I'm Alex, 42 years old and a Cowboys fan since the NFCCG in '92 vs. the 49ers. Have a little son of 2 years, hopefully he'll be a Cowboys fan one day too.

:star:

So how did I end up here? They weren't showing much football around here, but there was one channel that hosted a game or two every now and then. But they did have the Play Offs. So at the time they were selling alot of NFL Clothes here for whatever reason, most "cool" kids ran around with 49ers or Football Team jackets even though they didnt know anything about the teams behind those colours. I liked the colour blue, so I got a Cowboys jacket.

And then came that game late at night, had to beg my mom to be allowed to stay up and watch it. And what a game that was. Didnt know too much about football, but I was instantly hooked. That young guy Aikman led his guys to glory and I was with them. I screamed when he threw that pass to Harper late in the 4th. Fortunately noone woke up.

So long story short, been a Cowboys fan ever since. Been to Dallas a couple of times and to a few games at Texas Stadium, but never at the new place. When the bad years began they showed absolutely no Cowboys games around here, only when they played a good team. I saw alot of loosing, lol. So after the Championship years during my teens I, just as you guys, had to endure alot. :D:(

Anyway, long story short, I've been a silent reader of this forum for a long time now. So why register right now? To be honest, I couldnt stand all the Cooper Rush hate during last week. Signed up on Saturday to stand up for him. Unfortunately my account hasnt been checked out before just this morning (9:30am here now), so I was too late. But that win makes me happy even more because of that. Don't hate guys, they're all Cowboys, our team!

Sooo, looking forward to meet you guys in the Fanzone, so long!

Stay healthy and have a great week! At least that last part shouldnt be too hard, eh?

Regards.

Alex
Welcome brother across the pond. We're thrilled to have you here.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Just so you know, when you're reading someone's post (this one, for instance) and you want to reply directly to that post, click on the "Reply" button within that post's box, and it will copy the post above what you type, and notify that person that you responded to it...like this one did for you.

Hehe, good info, thank you and everyone for the nice welcome. Appreciate it. :)

One question though, how can I like other people's posts? Sorry if it's right in front of me.

Last edited: