Highest-graded rookie DT from week 10

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Average Peeps think investing heavy resources into 1T is smart.

I mean, it has been a key need of ours for a long time. I mean, I get that we possibly could've gotten one later. I'm just glad that Jerry finally realised that a NT was needed.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Average Peeps think investing heavy resources into 1T is smart.
They way they are utilizing him may pay dividends long term, at the cost of short term impact. If he develops his game, he could be a lineman that can play run and pass downs at 1T, 3T, and 4i. That would be better than basically spending a 1st on A'shawn Robinson.

Thats alot of development though. There is also the a short term cost. There were a couple downs against the Giants I saw him give up running yards because he couldn't read the back fast enough. He is going to have to diagnose plays more at 3T/4i more that 1T where is he is basically going to create leverage.

If you're investing top 32 capital into a big DT, you're goal should be to get someone from the Dexter Jackson, D'aron Payne mold as opposed the the Andrew Billings mold

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
They way they are utilizing him may pay dividends long term, at the cost of short term impact. If he develops his game, he could be a lineman that can play run and pass downs at 1T, 3T, and 4i. That would be better than basically spending a 1st on A'shawn Robinson.

Thats alot of development though. There is also the a short term cost. There were a couple downs against the Giants I saw him give up running yards because he couldn't read the back fast enough. He is going to have to diagnose plays more at 3T/4i more that 1T where is he is basically going to create leverage.

If you're investing top 32 capital into a big DT, you're goal should be to get someone from the Dexter Jackson, D'aron Payne mold as opposed the the Andrew Billings mold
Agreed.

I don't think they drafted him just to be a 1T - Quinn said something to the effect of they think he has the physical abilities to rush the passer.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
PFF. PFR only keeps track of total snaps
Thanks. Doesn’t look like I can see it though without Premium.

This week’s first round rookie rankings is free though… looks like they have him ranked almost last among DTs?

Wish I could see where Schoon ranks with TE rookies.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
No it hasn't

I mean, stopping the run has been one of the few big weaknesses our defence has had. Now we have someone who is developing into someone who can help us stop the run. That's important. If we can stop the run, then it makes Micah Parsons' job easier. Hence why he was so excited about us drafting Mazi Smith.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I mean, stopping the run has been one of the few big weaknesses our defence has had. Now we have someone who is developing into someone who can help us stop the run. That's important. If we can stop the run, then it makes Micah Parsons' job easier. Hence why he was so excited about us drafting Mazi Smith.
Myth 1: Dallas has had a poor run defense
Myth 2: Investing in 1T makes a difference

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Pritchett wasn't really a Cowboys pick. They picked him for Detroit and got a 2, 3, 4.
I remembered Maryland but saw Pritchett there when looking it up.
Jimmy's wheelin-N-dealin

Shame that trading golden touch that Jimmy had didn't rub off on Mr. Ego....Jethro

CowboysJames69

Reaction score
Myth 1: Dallas has had a poor run defense
Myth 2: Investing in 1T makes a difference
Well we are third in yards allowed per game rushing which is great, but then we also gave up 170 yards to the 49ers and 183 to the eagles. We need the run defense to be better against the playoff teams.

Aven8

Reaction score
I said in the PS that it would take him half the season to start coming along. People have to remember at Michigan they coached techniques very poorly. It’s like learning to ride a bike again with DQ

Creeper

Reaction score
I am optimistic, but it is only 1 game. Let's see how he does against a quality OL.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You mean like Philly and Cincy? Yeah, who wants those super bowls anyway.
Did they win? No.
Do they invest in pure 1Ts who can't rush the passer? No.

As usual, you don't know what you're talking about.