Highest player cap hits in 2024

Creeper

Reaction score
Well dak gets paid almost double mahomes gets.

I think thats fair. He produces nearly double mahomes does.
Daks contract is for $40 million per year. Mahomes is $45 million per year. The CAP amount is not what the players is getting paid that year it is a combination of salary, prorated bonuses (which have already been paid to the player) , roster bonuses, and other one of bonuses.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Daks contract is for $40 million per year. Mahomes is $45 million per year. The CAP amount is not what the players is getting paid that year it is a combination of salary, prorated bonuses (which have already been paid to the player) , roster bonuses, and other one of bonuses.
You can't help these people.

stiletto

Reaction score
Pretty sure the Cowboys have a higher revenue machine than the Chiefs.
I don't disagree there but would you rather be the Chiefs or the money-Making Cowboys the next few years?? I mean it's a serious question because I think one team is going to win a lot more SB's than the other. IMO as a fan, I'd rather win SB's because I've never seen a .01 of NFL money.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don't disagree there but would you rather be the Chiefs or the money-Making Cowboys the next few years?? I mean it's a serious question because I think one team is going to win a lot more SB's than the other. IMO as a fan, I'd rather win SB's because I've never seen a .01 of NFL money.
As an Owner. I would rather be the Cowboys. No question.

stiletto

Reaction score
As an Owner. I would rather be the Cowboys. No question.
Sounds like you are getting checks from the Cowboys. Us lowly fans desire SB's and playoff success. Obviously there is a disconnect. hah!

Brax

Reaction score
No he does not. Why can't you comprehend salary vs cap space for the Love of God?

You probably believe Dak will get paid $40M next year when he is not on the team.
He will not get paid because he’s already pocketed it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He will not get paid because he’s already pocketed it.
Exactly. Same reason he is not getting paid $55M this year. Same reason a $40M/year contract is not more than Mahomes $45M/year contract.

plasticman

Reaction score
The amount of revenue a team takes in does nor effect their salary cap unless we are talking about total NFL revenue.

All teams ae awarded the same cap amount and the specific purpose of a cap is so all tems have an equal amount to spend n player contracts. That way, a team that takes in more revenue does not have an unfair advantage of being able to sign better players than the rest.

Brax

Reaction score
Exactly. Same reason he is not getting paid $55M this year. Same reason a $40M/year contract is not more than Mahomes $45M/year contract.
The OP was cap hit Dak is 55 this year it is what it is

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
All our money goes to Dak. Pretty hard to feel good about that.
That has to be one of the worst contracts ever written. I get the Browns contract to Watson is horrible but man, how does anyone feel positive about what was handed to Dak?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Pretty sure the Cowboys have a higher revenue machine than the Chiefs.
Higher revenue of the franchise means nothing when they all operate under the same salary cap rules. That $40 million do Dak is absolutely money that was wasted on a guy who isn't a franchise QB.