Highly recommend listening to Irvin Show on ESPN tomorrow

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
If anyone listened today, they will know what I am talking about. Irvin is almost as excited about TC as any of us Fans.

He said he would be watching practice today afternoon, and would talk to players and would have observations etc. on Tuesday show.

Boy, I wish he would do the whole camp. Anyway, for those interested, I recommend catching his whole show for the week. I am pretty sure, he will have lot of interesting tidbits of the camp.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
100% agree. Today's show was one of the best segments I have ever heard about the Cowboys, period. His interviews with Hurd and JW were incredibly insightful, just got me pumped up for the games to start!

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Joe Rod;2164107 said:
100% agree. Today's show was one of the best segments I have ever heard about the Cowboys, period. His interviews with Hurd and JW were incredibly insightful, just got me pumped up for the games to start!

Is his show available on a podcast?

Tovya

Reaction score
I listen to him and Kevin everyday. The show is absolutely hilarious as they have the uncanny ability to transform completely illogical discussions into ones that involve sports. I rarely agree with Irvin's politics, but he still is entertaining which is more that I can say for NPR's "All Things Considered".

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
JohnL2288;2164253 said:
you'd proably have more success if you tried to listen to it :wink2:

That's why he's Crazy Cowboy... He's so talented he can actually see the thing visually while listening to it... He da man!!:bow:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I can't figure out why Irvin isn't getting a bigger show. He gets interviews that no one else does. Are people not paying attention to this? I'm not even a huge fan, but I recognize that people want to talk to him.

Tovya

Reaction score
Hostile;2164448 said:
I can't figure out why Irvin isn't getting a bigger show. He gets interviews that no one else does. Are people not paying attention to this? I'm not even a huge fan, but I recognize that people want to talk to him.

It's funny you say that, because I just said the same thing to my wife a few days ago. Everyone wants to talk to the guy, but he only has a local show. I wonder if a syndication is in the works behind the scenes?

There would almost have to be, because the show actually is really good, and everyone wants to be on the show... and not just local Dallas-Fort Worth sports personalities & players, but players from other markets as well just love to come on the show. And not for a quick 5 minute set either... Irvin is known to interview the big fish for 30-minutes to and hour at a time.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Hostile;2164448 said:

The reason is because he is on the wrong station.

1033 gets killed by the ticket here.

If he were on the ticket he would have a bigger audience.

that and not everyone likes the guy. The show is ok. It is good when he is at camp, I listened yesterday for a while.

Tovya

Reaction score
The Ticket? Are you kidding me? They are only up less than a half point in Arbitron rankings now... The Ticket has started losing the male demograph it covets because they only talk about sports half of the time now. They will sometimes talk about a movie for 2 hours on an NFL themed show.. no mention of anything sports at all. That's why they're losing their very narrow lead.

Because of the Mavericks broadcasts and new shows like the Michael Irvin show and GAC (and because they are on a clearer channel because they are FM and not AM like the ticket) has helped than narrow the gap.

I used to love the ticket, but they lost my listening when they stopped talking sports (plus most of the guys on that channel are bumbling idiots anyway)

QT

Reaction score
I have been waiting for this to happen on the Michael Irvin show for A LONG TIME. I was tired of him analyzing basketball, baseball, and other non-football related sports.

This is a great time on his show b/c when he started last year, the Cowboys got knocked out of the playoffs and we didn't get to listen to him analyze the Cowboys while they were playing.

LOVE THE SHOW NOW....

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Tovya;2164590 said:
The Ticket? Are you kidding me? They are only up less than a half point in Arbitron rankings now... The Ticket has started losing the male demograph it covets because they only talk about sports half of the time now. They will sometimes talk about a movie for 2 hours on an NFL themed show.. no mention of anything sports at all. That's why they're losing their very narrow lead.

Because of the Mavericks broadcasts and new shows like the Michael Irvin show and GAC (and because they are on a clearer channel because they are FM and not AM like the ticket) has helped than narrow the gap.

I used to love the ticket, but they lost my listening when they stopped talking sports (plus most of the guys on that channel are bumbling idiots anyway)

Oh no you didn't... :)

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Tovya;2164590 said:

Your 1st paragraph is so full of clueless inaccuracies, it's not even worth commenting on.

And last time I checked, which was 1/2 second ago, when I turned my head to the left and looked at my receiver across the room, 104.1 FM, has been the ticket's for nearly 8 years.

peppersquad

Reaction score
Tovya;2164590 said:

This is just wrong. The Ticket atleast doubles the audience of ESPN across the board. No matter the time slot either.

Tovya

Reaction score
peppersquad;2164609 said:
This is just wrong. The Ticket atleast doubles the audience of ESPN across the board. No matter the time slot either.

You''re absolutely wrong. The Arbitron rankings gave The Ticket a 2.8 percentage listening ranking and a 2.4 to KESN - ESPN radio... I assure you that if you were to double KESN's 2.4, you won't come up with a 2.8. The rankings are apparently higher now, but are a few weeks from being released... therefore if the gap has been further closed we won't know for a little longer.