Hip Drop Tackles That Have Affected The Cowboys

glimmerman

Reaction score
They did it twice to Elliot in one season. Once against vikings when Rush was QB. And in another game after he had already scored, the play spilled over into the endzone and both times I thought it broke his leg. He limped off. Really was part of the reason he slowed down for a while.

How Dak got injured and didn’t Dez get injured with that tackle also.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
There's a youtube video of rugby players hip-dropping the crap out of each other. I normally have the stomach for gruesome things, but it was extremely difficult to watch and not have some sense of sickness in your stomach. Why the NFL allowed such a technique to last as long as it did is mind blowing.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Dak almost got his knee/ankle ripped up again this year from the tackle.

I asked all the "Pro-Injury" bots a year or so ago to let me take them to a MMA instructor and have him snap their leg. Mysteriously none wanted any part in it. They tell others to get their leg snapped. Heros.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Didn't Pollard get tackled that way in the SF playoff game? Our running game went to pot after that and we lost.
Yep. And yes, the running game went to hell right after that play. But when I brought this up the last time I was told that Pollard sucks and was having an awful game up to the point of the injury.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Yep. And yes, the running game went to hell right after that play. But when I brought this up the last time I was told that Pollard sucks and was having an awful game up to the point of the injury.

You were told that Pollard had 6 rushes for 22 yards at that point. He did have a 10-yard run and thus gained 12 yards with his other 5 runs. No hyperbole, facts.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

Aidan Hutchinson of the Lions also attempted the tackle twice on Dak this past season.

You could not convince me that Seattle was not trying to injure the Cowboys during that playoff game. There were at least 5 questionable tackles. I think Beasley also got injured on a similar tackle but fought thru it.