Hire Chryst already

cowboys19

Reaction score
Pay him the money he wants IDC what it is.

Ive been reading Badger message boards, and its a 100/0 decision that think he is one of the brightest minds in all of College Football.

They said his style fits the pro game very well.

They are in love with this guy.

Jerry give him mula

Q_the_man

Reaction score
cowboys19;1383871 said:

Ive been reading Badger message boards, and its a 100/0 decision that think he is one of the brightest minds in all of College Football.

Jerry give him mula
Who is he and what position does he coach

cowboys19

Reaction score
Q_the_man;1383875 said:
Who is he and what position does he coach

Wisconsin Badger Offensive Coordinator.

He would probably become the QB Coach here if hired.

jlust22

Reaction score
Chryst hasn't made decision
UW assistant has coaching options

By JEFF POTRYKUS/Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Posted: Feb. 19, 2007

In the last week the University of Wisconsin's offensive coordinator has interviewed with the Dallas Cowboys for a vacant position on their staff and received a multiyear contract offer to remain with the Badgers, who finished in the top 10 of both major polls last season.

Yet according to sources, neither Dallas coach Wade Phillips nor UW coach Bret Bielema had learned of Chryst's plans as of Monday.

The plot thickened Monday when the San Diego Chargers hired Norv Turner as head coach. Turner, who was the San Francisco 49ers' offensive coordinator last season, worked with Chryst in San Diego for three seasons (1999-2001) and the two remain close.

Turner was the Chargers' offensive coordinator during that time; Chryst was the team's tight ends coach and has been credited with developing Freddie Jones into one of the better tight ends in the National Football League at the time. Chryst would be an ideal fit for Turner as his offensive coordinator or quarterbacks coach and, according to a source, Turner has already contacted Chryst.

Neither Bielema nor Chryst could be reached Monday but Turner said the Chargers' current offensive staff would remain intact.

"The staff is in place," Turner said during a news conference. "We want to keep the staff that's in place."

Chryst, who recently completed his third overall season at UW, was approached by the Cowboys to be their quarterbacks coach. UW officials put together a multiyear offer, including a substantial pay raise. Chryst was paid $200,000 in 2006.

According to multiple sources, Chryst was still mulling over his options as of Monday morning, before news broke of Turner's hiring by San Diego.

Those sources have indicated that Chryst enjoys both college and professional football. However, is more comfortable focusing on coaching than recruiting, the latter a critical element of college coaching.

Another factor weighing on Chryst's mind is the impact his decision will have on his family life. Chryst is married and has three children and the family enjoys living in Wisconsin.

Chryst's coaching résumé lists a variety of experiences and stops at both the pro and college levels.

Chryst was UW's tight ends coach in 2002 and returned as co-offensive coordinator in 2005, hired both times by Barry Alvarez.

In 2005, Chryst helped direct an offense that set school records for points in a season (446) and for season scoring average (34.3 per game). UW scored at least 40 points six times in 2005 as quarterback John Stocco set UW season records for passing yards (2,920), passing touchdowns (21) and completions (197).

Chryst was UW's offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach last season. He lost all his wide receivers, tight ends and tailbacks from the 2005 team, including five starters.

Despite those personnel losses, UW averaged 29.2 points, the No. 9 mark in school history, last season. Sophomore Travis Beckum set school records for catches (61) and receiving yards (903) by a tight end and tailback P.J. Hill led the Big Ten Conference in rushing with 1,569 yards.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
cowboys19;1383879 said:
Wisconsin Badger Offensive Coordinator.

He would probably become the QB Coach here if hired.

I hate to burst your bubble but thats what Garret will be doing most likely.

sago1

Reaction score
If Cowboys looking at him as a QB coach, it's because they want allow Garrett more time to focus on real OC duties (with help from Sparano) that he could do if he is also QB coach; his knowledge/expertise with young QBs would still be there to oversee but this guy would replace former QB Coach David Lee, etc.

I'd like Cryst brought in cause he sounds like a really good coaching with real good future in the NFL; he might even be a good ST coach. But I'm willing to bet Jerry Jones low balled him as far as the contract is concerned. Jerry doesn't like to pay his coaching staff much except for HC/DC & OC. He was ranked last year among the lower paying owners in the NFL where remainder of staff is concerned Since Cryst received $200,000 in 06 from Badgers & they really want keep him, Jones' offer needs be no less then $500,000 & he's probably not paying other coaches that much. Jones probably gave Cryst his song & dance story that coaching the Cowboys is a great honor & could set his career upward, but it doesn't sound like Cryst has bought it yet. Cryst connection to Turner is intriguing so if Phillips really wants him then Jones better up the ante. Frankly if I'm Cryst do I want move my family from Wisconsin to SD or to Dallas--bet his kids would prefer SD lot more over Dallas if he has the choice. On other hand his kids might just want stay where they are.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
sago1;1383903 said:
I'd like Cryst brought in cause he sounds like a really good coaching with real good future in the NFL; he might even be a good ST coach.

Cyrst will not be anybody's special teams coach

But I'm willing to bet Jerry Jones low balled him as far as the contract is concerned. Jerry doesn't like to pay his coaching staff much except for HC/DC & OC. He was ranked last year among the lower paying owners in the NFL where remainder of staff is concerned

:rolleyes:

geez, where do you guys get this junk?

Since Cryst received $200,000 in 06 from Badgers & they really want keep him, Jones' offer needs be no less then $500,000 & he's probably not paying other coaches that much.

its doubtful that any teams "QB coach" makes 500k per yr unless they also have an asst head coach and/or offensive coordinator title

Jones probably gave Cryst his song & dance story that coaching the Cowboys is a great honor & could set his career upward,

:rolleyes:

David

starfrombirth

Reaction score
sago1;1383903 said:
Since Cryst received $200,000 in 06 from Badgers & they really want keep him, Jones' offer needs be no less then $500,000QUOTE]

half a mill for a qb coach... really??? :eek:

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
cowboys19;1383871 said:

Jerry give him mula
I agree, get 'er done! ***

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
yeah when i first read the title i thought it was a joke thread with a typo
:eek::

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I think he is one of the brighter minds in college football. I'd absolutely love for us to get him in Dallas somehow.

I just hope Jerry made him a good enough offer to get him here.