Assuming these are the starters:

Griffen
Poe
McCoy
Law

Lee
LVE
Smith

Is this the first time in history EVERY starting member of the front 7 has been to at least on pro bowl?

I realize the pro bowl is not what it once was— and that being named as an injury replacement lessens things a bit, but still— pretty impressive nonetheless.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Assuming these are the starters:

Griffen
Poe
McCoy
Law

Lee
LVE
Smith

Is this the first time in history EVERY starting member of the front 7 has been to at least on pro bowl?

I realize the pro bowl is not what it once was— and that being named as an injury replacement lessens things a bit, but still— pretty impressive nonetheless.

I think the word I would choose would be potential. The group has the potential to be special.

VABoyz

Reaction score
hopefully they play like a cohesive unit..POTENTIALLY they could cause other offenses major problems but we've seen the "stacked" teams not produce before. age, injuries and hype is real.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That unit is going to be rough. Its going to take some bumps and bruises. I think our linebackers have the potential to be our best unit on that side of the football and if so, that's Mike Nolan's specialty.

We may not see its full potential until a year or two down the road but I think we see more splash plays.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If you count the starting 22, plus depth, its the best overall roster we've had since the SB teams.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Historic is a strong word since a few of them are prehistoric at this point.

Solid base, health and what they have left in the tank will be a question.
It is historic though. Especially for this defense. They usually fill in roster spots with JAG's like the Nick Hayden's and George Selvie's....the fact that they now have guys in their prime and guys who were at least something is a much better approach than what they've been doing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you count the starting 22, plus depth, its the best overall roster we've had since the SB teams.

They have potential to be. But that 2007 team had some talent. But this team's ceiling has the chance to be higher for sure.

jrumann59

Reaction score
A lot of star power but due to age and stuff. I consider the 90's cowboys front seven more historic.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Definitely not. They are just bunch of vets and young players until they prove they can play well together.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Apologies. Perhaps my OP was unclear.

I am not saying they are going to be historic in terms of production. That remains to be seen.

What I am asking is whether or not we have ever fielded a defensive front 7 where every starter has been to a pro bowl? If we haven’t— then this unit is historic in that way

MikeB80

Reaction score
You guys have got to stop with this stuff. Historic? Come on.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
You guys have got to stop with this stuff. Historic? Come on.

In the history of this franchise— have we ever fielded a front 7 with 7 pro bowlers? If not— then yes, this front 7 would be historic.

Hardline

Reaction score
All these free agent defensive linemen are all over 30 with statistics that are trending down.
At this point all we know is we have former pro bowlers we hope can still play on that level.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
McCoy went down in practice today with an apparent knee injury. The severity has not yet been determined, however. If it should require surgery, this DL might not be quite as historical as we've anticipated. Hopefully it's not too serious, although it was reported he couldn't put any weight on his right leg as he was helped off the field.

Aven8

Reaction score
Meh, it’s watch and see. At least it will be fun to see a bunch of new faces.