Historic Hands

Apefist

Reaction score
At the Baylor Hospital in downtown Dallas, there is a little known "Hand Museum" featuring the bronze casts of hands of famous people, including your DALLAS COWBOYS:

historichands36.jpg

historichands4.jpg

historichands15.jpg

historichands5.jpg

historichands38.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
historichands37.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

historichands29.jpg

historichands30.jpg

historichands22.jpg

historichands39.jpg

historichands42.jpg

historichands26.jpg

http://www.juliatexas.com/historichands.htm

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow I had no idea. Thanks for posting those pics. Learn something new every day!

Apefist

Reaction score
yeah, that's why he didn't grip the ball using the laces. however it was hiked to him in his hands is how he gripped the ball. he said it gave him an advantage because he never had to spin the ball to the laces to grip it. of course, it's also why he couldn't throw a wet ball. most qbs say gripping the laces is especially important if the ball's wet.

i used to work the graveyard shift in an office building where aikman's accountant used to office. the only time aikman could go there without drawing a crowd was in the mornings about the same time i got off work around 6am. so i saw him a couple of times from 95-98 when i worked there. when i shook his hand, my hand totally disappeared in his. it was like being a kid and shaking an adults hand.

a good friend of mine is cousins of ben davis (former raider def. lineman, and actor in CONAN the barbarian). he too had big huge hands.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
I gotta "hand" it you ya, this is a great thread. Very cool pics.

Apefist

Reaction score
My son was born there at Baylor Hospital almost 11 years ago, and the night after he was born, I was walking around the halls late and just stumbled upon this foyer with all these hands everywhere. I thought it was really cool. There are actors, politicians, musicians, artists, famous doctors, pilots, war heroes, business tycoons--at least one set of hands from every kind of celebrity you can think of. But over the years I forgot about it until someone here (back when I just lurked) mentioned Staubach's pinky. Whenever Roger has his picture taken, he covers up his right hand because that pinky is just so gnarly looking. BUT I remembered his mold at Baylor and after about 30 minutes of googling, I finally found a site with the pics on it to see that one pinky.

I like how some of them left their wedding rings on. And look how huge Navratilova's hands are compared to her rival, Evert's tiny hands.