History of the Logos of Every NFL Franchise

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Missing a few but still really cool. I had no idea some of these existed.

7yBEr34.jpg

Hi-res copy of this.
https://i.imgur.com/7yBEr34.jpg

revospeed

Reaction score
Jaguars had a full jaguar logo for a bit, I remember.

Very cool image none the less! Thanks!

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Couple of thoughts.

The early Browns logos are so bad it's no wonder they scrapped having a logo altogether and just went with an orange helmet.

Minnesota's logo is badass for being done in 1966. Compare it to others of that era.

Patriots really need to go back to their 71-92 logo.

KCs early logos I have no words for. They stuck with that crap for 5 years after the Vikings had there's? Again, no words!

After the Star, Seattle's logo and colors are my favorite by far.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Couple of thoughts.

The early Browns logos are so bad it's no wonder they scrapped having a logo altogether and just went with an orange helmet.

Minnesota's logo is badass for being done in 1966. Compare it to others of that era.

Patriots really need to go back to their 71-92 logo.

KCs early logos I have no words for. They stuck with that crap for 5 years after the Vikings had there's? Again, no words!

After the Star, Seattle's logo and colors are my favorite by far.

lol @ the browns logos... they look like orange leperchauns.

theyre probably better off doing some type of “dawgpound” logo.

CPanther95

Reaction score

It looks like they hired a professional animator from one of the Saturday morning cartoons of the era instead of leaving it up to the team's marketing dept. or a public logo contest.

CPanther95

Reaction score
This is what started it for the Steelers - not a Steelers logo at all, but an advertisement for American steel companies they slapped on the side of their helmet in 1962. Not sure how it would go over so they told the equipment mgr. to only put it on one side. After finishing with their best ever record they kept it. They switched to black helmets for the playoffs just so the advertisement would stand out better.

Imagine what Jerry could do if he could sell ad space on helmets.

tempSteelersbyDecade_1960s_0026--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Quickdraw

Reaction score
It says KC changed their logo in '72 but they changed it before that because that was the logo on their helmet when they played GB in SB1 and that was played in '67.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great thread.

Can you imagine just having your helmet as a logo? So dumb.

Also, you forget how dumb the Dophins' logo actually is until you sit there and look at it for a bit. A dolphin...jumping though a hoop....wearing a football helmet, but no other pads. Ridiculous.

If I'm the Dolphins, I have a plain helmet with a 3D graphical blowhole right on the top. Dolphins have blowholes, right?

Quickdraw

Reaction score
Or maybe a picture of Ace Ventura, Pet Detective on the Dolphins helmet. Finkle and Einhorn, Einhorn and Finkle.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Odd the Commanders flipped their logo in 1982. Anyone know why?

Eagles is the only logo with that orientation now.

Fontaine

Reaction score
Great thread.

Can you imagine just having your helmet as a logo? So dumb.

Also, you forget how dumb the Dophins' logo actually is until you sit there and look at it for a bit. A dolphin...jumping though a hoop....wearing a football helmet, but no other pads. Ridiculous.

If I'm the Dolphins, I have a plain helmet with a 3D graphical blowhole right on the top. Dolphins have blowholes, right?

Also, to add on my earlier post about the dolphins logo, I feel like the “hoop” is the sun lol

CPanther95

Reaction score
Also, to add on my earlier post about the dolphins logo, I feel like the “hoop” is the sun lol

I believe so. If it's a hoop, he missed.

They really should have the dolphin wearing a Dolphins helmet. It would create an "infinity mirror" situation that might mesmerize opponents.

dogberry

Reaction score
We beat out the Vikings for oldest.

Did we hire an ad firm or did the owner's daughter design it?