History says that Cowboys may come out ballin!

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I made the mistake of believing a certain poster's claim the last few days that the weather forecast predicted up to an 80% chance of rain come game time.

After doing some weather checking just now, I don't know where this particular poster came up with such a fallacy? The hourly weather forecast in Seattle Washington for 3 pm (CST) game time on Sunday has nothing but sunny skies with a 0% chance of rain. It will be raining throughout Saturday, but the rains are forecasted to clear up by Sunday morning.

With this forecast of sunny skies come game time, I certainly hope Coach McCarthy and the Cowboys come out with full guns a'blazing!
Your mistake was not believing the poster, but believing that a weatherman knew what the hell he was talking about, especially 5 days in advance.the

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Your mistake was not believing the poster, but believing that a the weatherman knew what the hell he was talking about, especially 5 days in advance.
Fellow ex-firefighter, the weather nowadays is easily accessible through the internet and most internet weather forecasts are pretty accurate 5 days in advance. It's when you get to the longterm forecasts where the weather can suddenly change on you. Once again, my mistake was believing a fellow poster instead of doing my own weather forecast research before posting.

fansince68

Reaction score
Garrett and his cronies are gone, if you have not heard. :laugh:[/QUOTE
Does it really look different? I went to game when we lost to the Rams in the playoffs. Our opening day loss looked very familiar to that loss. The win over the falcons looked very similar to the LOSS to the Packers last season when we bungled and stumbled in the first half and gave the Packers a huge 1st half cushion. This team still reeks of Garrett. I dont think Big Mac has had time to change this culture yet.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Fellow ex-firefighter, the weather nowadays is easily accessible through the internet and most internet weather forecasts are pretty accurate 5 days in advance. It's when you get to the longterm forecasts where the weather can suddenly change on you. Once again, my mistake was believing a fellow poster instead of doing my own weather forecast research before posting.
I watch the weather everyday because it is an important part of my job. It has gotten better, but growing up on a farm and watching the weather for 40 years I can tell you they are about as accurate as Dak Prescott, which isn't at all that bad but nothing to brag about.. I hate going fishing with a forecast of 10 mph winds and getting blown off the lake

bigE79

Reaction score
Just a little food for thought here.. I think we can all admit the Cowboys are indeed a very talented team overall. I'm not saying they're the most talented, but they do have some supreme talent at least on the offensive side of the ball...

Having said that, this is the type of game that in days past has motivated the players to come out with a MAJOR chip on their shoulders. Think about it, all they're hearing about is how Russell Wilson is going to rip them apart and they have no chance to win.

If history tells us anything, it tells us that this could offer serious motivation and have us playing well out of minds. Anytime a fan base is over confident and writing off another team, this eventually gets back to the players and creates super motivation.

All I'm saying here, is that i wouldn't be surprised if the cowboys come out ready to knock some people out in this game.
Recent history says we win one then lose one...I'm in wait and see mode...pray for the best, expect the worst.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I made the mistake of believing a certain poster's claim the last few days that the weather forecast predicted up to an 80% chance of rain come game time.

After doing some weather checking just now, I don't know where this particular poster came up with such a fallacy? The hourly weather forecast in Seattle Washington for 3 pm (CST) game time on Sunday has nothing but sunny skies with a 0% chance of rain. It will be raining throughout Saturday, but the rains are forecasted to clear up by Sunday morning.

With this forecast of sunny skies come game time, I certainly hope Coach McCarthy and the Cowboys come out with full guns a'blazing!

Come the Fall, Seattle is always raining. But raining in Seattle is often just barely a drizzle. I haven't tried it, but it shouldn't affect the balls much. I assume they at least wipe the balls down often, and can call for a dri*er* ball if they want.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
If we hadn't had a historically terrible start against ATL, we'd have put up 50 by the end of the 3rd and Dak and Zeke would have been goofing on the bench through the 4th while Dalton handed the ball to Pollard over and over.

This O can crush the Seahawks.

rags747

Reaction score
Have to come out and Punch the Bully in the nose, that’s what Jimmy would do!

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
My week was so beautiful because the Cowboys won..

Not to mention the trees have that tiny yellow glow as fall begin.. The air is a little cooler and a Cowboys victory.

I loved this past week lol.

I can’t imagine how good the next week will be if we win.
Yeah..

We are all bracing for Dallas to go back to normal.

We play a great game then the next week we can't get out of our own way and we get sliced and diced.

Next thing the media does is move on to the next hot team and we look like the girl that got left at the alter.

So brace yourself.

I hear the organ music for the processional in the background.

:thumbup:

Aven8

Reaction score

Not to mention the trees have that tiny yellow glow as fall begin.. The air is a little cooler and a Cowboys victory.

Same! With all the other crap 2020 has served up we need it!

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

We’ll have a great season IF you change the Dez avatar to a CeeDee Lamb avatar. Thanks.

johneric8

Reaction score
Well..

the defense is the key.

I just have to believe they have looked at the Atlanta game film and will pick a poison and commit to take it away from Dak.

Either they take Zeke out and load the box and force Dak to repeat his aerial show for a second week..

or they assume Dak and our beat up OL can not stop them and they decide to blitz Dak and assume Zeke alone can't beat them.

Their defense can't do both unless we duplicate our turnover-fest again and implode.

Should be an entertaining if not a nervy game to watch for us. This game comes down to Big Mike vs Seattles HC coach.

:popcorn:

In most cases I would agree that defense is key however, this has the makings of being an shootout. We know Russell is going to test us deep early and often, and I'm pretty sure he is going to beat us a few times. Having said that, I also think we have better receivers overall, and I would venture to say that Dak also throws some pretty nice deep balls, in fact he is one of the highest rated deep ball throwers and actually becoming known for it.

Big Mike is openly advertising that we're leaning on the pass, so this makes me wonder if he is going to do the opposite and try and keep the ball away from Russell? Not sure what to make of this game quite honestly, but I do know that the Cowboys are given a chance by most people and I know this really inspires Dak to be at his best.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
In most cases I would agree that defense is key however, this has the makings of being an shootout. We know Russell is going to test us deep early and often, and I'm pretty sure he is going to beat us a few times. Having said that, I also think we have better receivers overall, and I would venture to say that Dak also throws some pretty nice deep balls, in fact he is one of the highest rated deep ball throwers and actually becoming known for it.

Big Mike is openly advertising that we're leaning on the pass, so this makes me wonder if he is going to do the opposite and try and keep the ball away from Russell? Not sure what to make of this game quite honestly, but I do know that the Cowboys are given a chance by most people and I know this really inspires Dak to be at his best.
I am with you on McCarthy saying one thing and doing the opposite.

When you consider the position of the defense with injuries everywhere..

you need to help them.

So you try to slow the game down to keep the D off the field and sit Wilson.

Lots of Zeke and TOP drives.

Lots of medium to short passes hoping for RAC.

Schultz, Cee Dee in the slot, swing passes to Zeke and Pollard.

You throw some deep passes just to back off the Seahawks from putting too many in the box..

But keep it aggressive, use no huddle. Then go back to normal pace and shift back to no huddle.

But what I hope does not happen is the fake punts and the 2 pt plays. McCarthy is exposing us with those plays and they gave Atlanta 14 pts as a result.

Seattle will undress us if he does not hold that
stuff down and save it for later.