Hmmm, interesting Mock

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Buddy of mine and I are sitting around the house. Checking the draft sites, drinking a few and jot down a Mock for his favorite team (Bengals) and he says it one of the better ones he has seen. Maybe because I dont dissect the team with a bias view. He decides to do the same and comes up with this:

RD1 – DE | Jared Ordick | Penn St
6'5/301/5.05

RD2 – DT | Terrence Cody | Alabama
6’4”/370/5.72

RD3 – OT | Rodger Saffold | Indiana
6’5”/312/5.23

RD4 – OG | Brandon Carter | Texas Tech
6’6”/326/5.42

RD6 – CB | Chris Hawkins | LSU
6’0”/187/4.49

RD7 - OC | John Estes | Hawaii
6’2”/295/5.22
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Not bad I think and the more I look at it the more I like it. Build the front 5, solidify the front 7 on defense and throw in CB depth...........Nice

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
SDogo;3260453 said:
Buddy of mine and I are sitting around the house. Checking the draft sites, drinking a few and jot down a Mock for his favorite team (Bengals) and he says it one of the better ones he has seen. Maybe because I dont dissect the team with a bias view. He decides to do the same and comes up with this:

6'5/301/5.05

6’4”/370/5.72

6’5”/312/5.23

6’6”/326/5.42

6’0”/187/4.49

6’2”/295/5.22
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Not bad I think and the more I look at it the more I like it. Build the front 5, solidify the front 7 on defense and throw in CB depth...........Nice
:puke:

The Realist

Reaction score
SDogo;3260453 said:

6'5/301/5.05

6’4”/370/5.72

6’5”/312/5.23

6’6”/326/5.42

6’0”/187/4.49

6’2”/295/5.22
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Championship Caliber defense with insane depth on the DL. You wouldn't be able to run on us with 12 men on offense.

Leaves serious issues in terms of OL for the future unless you are certain that Free/Brewster are our tackles. Let's say you hit on Saffold as a LG to take over for Kosier. I have zero faith in the sloth-like Brandon Carter.

Does nothing for our depth in secondary, but overall it could be a great draft if you hit on two of the OL.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
The Realist;3260480 said:
Championship Caliber defense with insane depth on the DL. You wouldn't be able to run on us with 12 men on offense.

Agree, that draft would set up our defense for years and I'm not so sure it would not have the potential to be beyond dominant 2 or 3 years down the road.

Leaves serious issues in terms of OL for the future unless you are certain that Free/Brewster are our tackles. Let's say you hit on Saffold as a LG to take over for Kosier. I have zero faith in the sloth-like Brandon Carter.

I think Saffold has a future as a RT which is why I like the pick and still believe Free can move to LT in another year. I was very much down on Carter like yourself but he has showed me something the last two weeks. He has shown mobility and the ability to play out of a 3 pt stance. Enough to make me believe with a little coaching he has a future.

Does nothing for our depth in secondary, but overall it could be a great draft if you hit on two of the OL.

I disagree about Hawkins. I think he is a sleeper. Solid athlete and student of the game. May never be a shut down corner but should have a very good NFL career as a Nickle corner.

The Realist

Reaction score
Brandon Carter - I hate the tats and his gimmick. Also don't think TT OL translate well to NFL with the wide splits they use. Haven't seen any SB tape on him.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I like it

but you and your friend sit around drinking beer and talking about the draft?

nerds

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
SDogo;3260453 said:

6'5/301/5.05

6’4”/370/5.72

6’5”/312/5.23

6’6”/326/5.42

6’0”/187/4.49

6’2”/295/5.22
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Don't care for Cody or Carter at all, lukewarm about Hawkins and Estes... I do like Odrick and Saffold...