k19

Reaction score
Bout time they just called it done.

nhl_cancelled_skr.jpg

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1992793

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
It's about time... the players did a REALLY stupid thing in not accepting the salary cap earlier...

The owners said it wasn't an option... there would be a cap... the player's union called their bluff and got shut out with NO pay this season...

Athlete's have no sense of real money these days... 5 million per year is good... but 2 million a year is NOTHING to sneeze at...

Nothing is just that... nothing...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now if we can only get baseball out of the way...arggghhh.

It is so annoying trying to watch sports center in the morning when all they do is blah blah blah about baseball....of course maybe I would not mind if I actually liked baseball.

k19

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

It is so annoying trying to watch sports center in the morning when all they do is blah blah blah about baseball....of course maybe I would not mind if I actually liked baseball.

Couldnt agree more. I like minor league hockey (CHL) but cant stand the NHL not enough fights or board crashing.

Baseball just seems slow and boring to me

trickblue

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

Baseball would be tolerable if they would shorten it to a 100 game season...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt said:

You ought to get into basketball, then. March madness is about to start up, too. Woo! can't wait.

I actually ref basketball, so I have a whole new appreciation for it, now. It's my second favorite sport, but it's not too far behind football for me. I'm just not as hardcore about a team like I am w/the 'boys.

k19

Reaction score
Basketball is another one .

Love March Madness and hate the NBA. Jordan was the only reason I watched the NBA when I was younger but that ended after he retired for the 2nd time

trickblue

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
You ought to get into basketball, then. March madness is about to start up, too. Woo! can't wait.

I actually ref basketball, so I have a whole new appreciation for it, now. It's my second favorite sport, but it's not too far behind football for me. I'm just not as hardcore about a team like I am w/the 'boys.

Now I LOVE me some March Madness...

I was a huge NBA fan when I was younger... I pretty much only watch the playoffs now...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
Now I LOVE me some March Madness...

I was a huge NBA fan when I was younger... I pretty much only watch the playoffs now...
I have to admit I'm a b-ball fiend. I come home after reffing and immediately turn on a game. I listen to whatever game is on the radio when I'm driving. It doesn't matter to me, college, NBA, whatever. I'm all over it.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Woody'sGirl said:

I have not sat through a complete game since Jordan and Phil left the Bulls.

I remember the down times of Detriot and the bad boys killing them but then the Bulls got on top for years.

But even then I started growing tired of Basketball and the obvious BS refs who let some players (like Jordan) get away with things, while other players (rodman) got fouled for just looking at a guy.

Now don't get me wrong I know Rodman did things many times to get fouled but there were also many times they fouled him for just looking at a guy, while Jordan could walk, foul and everything else and they looked past it because he was the golden boy of the league.

Turned me against Basketball pretty much.

Now I catch some on Sports Center and once in a great while I will watch a Little college hoops, but for the most part I just can't get into it anymore.

However I would take that any day over Hockey, Baseball and Nascar.

TLW47

Reaction score
I really enjoy watching the Stars on TV and I've missed it.

Too bad.

trickblue

Reaction score
TLW47 said:
I really enjoy watching the Stars on TV and I've missed it.

Too bad.

I had season tickets my last two years in Dallas... now THAT was some fun...

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
Well i thought hockey was fun to watch especially Avs vs Red Wings, baseball to me is fun to watch the matchups and its always good to go to a Dodgers vs Padres game :D, the NBA is horrible its hard to watch traveling almost every play but i always watch any Spurs game that i can and college is better check that the ACC owns college bball.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Hockey is a bunch of overpaid, toothless figure skaters wheeling cue sticks around all the while chasing a black puck. GOOD RIDDANCE NHL! :muttley:

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
Fletch said:
Hockey is a bunch of overpaid, toothless figure skaters wheeling cue sticks around all the while chasing a black puck. GOOD RIDDANCE NHL! :muttley:

like chasing a pigskin? :rolleyes: It's the toughest sport to play and its entertaining