HOL Mock V1

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Been tossing around several versions for a while now with my signature. With the year rounding up and December approaching it's time to release v1.

Round 1: CB Patrick Robinson Florida St
CB is not the direction I would choose but looking at the options it might be the most likely. Yes I would prefer a OT or WR early but have posted my opinions on those and why Jerry just wont do it. Unless a stud LB drops late into round 1 CB makes the most sense. Newman is not getting any younger, his skill set is what it is. Mike Jenkins is the new star CB on the team. In todays NFL you have to be 3 deep. It's time to start thinking about the day Newman is no longer even the 2nd best CB on this team. I'm not sure Robinson will be my choice in the end, the underclassman have not even declared but for now he is the best of the bunch.

Round 2: OT Jason Fox Miami
I refuse to believe we wont address OT in the first 3 rounds. I believe Fox is the 3rd best OT in this draft even after you project the underclassman. He is also one of the few true LT's in this draft.

Round 3: ILB O'Brien Schofield Wisconsin
Arguably one of our weakest area's on the team despite James leading the team in tackles year after year and FA signing Keith Brooking playing out of his mind and beyond his years. I believe Keith will be back and will continue to play at a high level. I have not given up on Brandon Williams but we will find out next year as I do not believe despite his improved play Bobby Carpenter will be back. Only other depth is special teams resurrection Matt Stewart. Dallas will address ILB in the draft and possibly FA. Schofield knows how to get the QB (8 sacks in 09) and is versatile lining up at ILB, OLB, DE and S for the Badgers. Good size, decent speed.

Round 4: FS Robert Johnson Utah
Ken Hamlin is a shell of his former self, Pat Watkins is solid but not a full time starter and Alan Ball is interesting but hardly a full time FS. There is some talk of Mike Hamlin filling in here but I believe he is more of a SS and this position is thin either way. Johnson is a ball hawk FS that is rising up many teams boards. 5 INT's in 09' and 12 for his career. He has great size 6'2" 200 pounds, has been know to run a sub 4.5 40 and is a leader in the locker room, on the field and off. Steps up big against ranked opponents.

Round 6: WR Emmanuel Sanders S. Methodist
Would love to look at a WR earlier but I dont believe we will. Sanders would compete with Hurd and who ever else is on the roster for the 5th WR spot. 7th in the NCAA in Punt Return Avg and good WR to boot. Leads the team in 09' with 67 reception and 958 yards. Has grown each year and still has not reached his ceiling improving on his numbers every year. 74 for 889 in 08' and 46 for 605 in 07'. Also has posted 9 TD receptions each of his 3 years. A little small for a prototypical NFL WR, 5"11" 186 but fast as a cat and great route runner. Really is the perfect 5th WR on any NFL team and can contribute on special teams.

Round 7: DE/OLB Brandon Sharpe Texas Tech
More of a OLB Sharpe is 2nd in the NCAA with 15 sacks. This kid simply knows how to find the QB. Flying a little under the radar, Sharpe is a one year wonder of sorts, not starting until this year but his athletic ability is catching the eyes of NFL teams. Has lined up at ILB, OLB and DE for Texas Tech. Has stepped up against better opponents. Plays on the opponents side of the ball also registering 16 stops for a loss.

It's a interesting year with the influx of underclassman we are likely to see, the uncertainty over the CBA and FA getting ready to take on a new look.

I dont believe we will see Jerry go all 1990's on us in FA but I dont think he will sit on his thumbs either. As always underclassman and FA will change the landscape of everyones mock but it;s never to early to start.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
If the only WR we draft is emmanuel sanders then I'd be pissed. If we're going to get a WR prospect from a small school I'd prefer Terrel Hudgins from Elon.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3108138 said:
Patrick Robinson got worked by Aaron Hernandez yesterday.

Yeah, I saw that. I'm not so sure in the end Robinson will not be a second round prospect. He is already border line late round 1. CB depth for this draft is below average at best. It's going to be interesting to see what underclassman come out because the position needs an injection of star power.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3108138 said:
Patrick Robinson got worked by Aaron Hernandez yesterday.

Robinson has some work to do, but he's a heck of an athlete

nice mock, HOL

RS12

Reaction score
Doesnt do much for me. Maybe Fox in the 2nd, should be able to do better in general.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I am liking Fox more and more. I think Davis from Rutgers is a RT. The more i look at 2nd round OTs, the more I like Fox's motor and upside.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3109266 said:
I am liking Fox more and more. I think Davis from Rutgers is a RT. The more i look at 2nd round OTs, the more I like Fox's motor and upside.

I liked to see the combo we have with Fox and Free at OT
I think they could become our conerstones for years to come

I believe either one could play either side LT or RT

I love to see him here

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Hostile;3109266 said:

He went up against some good speedy rushers this year and stoned them all.