HOL Week 1 Mock Draft

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Based off the first 2 weeks of the College season as well as the first week of the NFL Season. Picked based on a optimistic 32nd selection.

Round 1: Selvish Capers OT West Virginia
The name may change, the position will not. We must address the OL and get more athletic doing it

Round 2: Nate Allen FS South Florida
I have seen enough of Hamlin and it's only week 1

Round 3: John Estes OG/C Hawaii
Versatile, Mean and can play multiple positions

Round 4: Brandon Carter OG Texas Tech
This pick will never change. Love this guy and even if he becomes a 1st round pick I would say go get him

Round 6: Cam Thomas NT North Carolina
Ratliff needs help........how about a future starter

Round 7: AJ Wallace CB Penn St
Overall athlete, return kicks, play CB, line up at WR all with speed to burn

The theme? Get faster, more athletic and deeper up front.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
ughh I've seen enough of Ken Hamlin too. He just plain sucks. Give me Eric Berry please. Selvish will be there in the 2nd.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I didn't think it was possible but I've found a draft worst than the Cowboys actual 2009 draft. 4th round pick would be the only thing to save me from a draftday suicide.

I will say a heartfelt "Boo" to your draft and wish you a good day sir.;)

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2945491 said:
I didn't think it was possible but I've found a draft worst than the Cowboys actual 2009 draft. 4th round pick would be the only thing to save me from a draftday suicide.

I will say a heartfelt "Boo" to your draft and wish you a good day sir.;)

Its no worse than all the propping you do for the guy in your sig. Taylor "makes no plays" Mays.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
dbair1967;2945575 said:
Its no worse than all the propping you do for the guy in your sig. Taylor "makes no plays" Mays.

I know, if only anyone agreed with me....

NFLDraftscout.com's 2nd overall ranked player.

Scouts Inc (Todd McShay) 8th overall ranked player

ESPN (Mel Kipers) Big Board - 6th overall

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2946053 said:
I know, if only anyone agreed with me....

NFLDraftscout.com's 2nd overall ranked player.

Scouts Inc (Todd McShay) 8th overall ranked player

ESPN (Mel Kipers) Big Board - 6th overall

and every guy those people rates goes on to become as good or bad as they predict...

they are wrong all the time..

right now Mays is the classic "look like Tarzan, play like Jane" prospect...that may change down the road, but thats what he is today. USC is on TV alot, and every game I see him he does basically nothing.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
How many deep passes have you seen completed against USC the past 3 years?

I guess QB's and Offensive Coordinators avoid him because he stinks and they feel sorry for him?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2946182 said:

I guess QB's and Offensive Coordinators avoid him because he stinks and they feel sorry for him?

ok...we'll see I guess

he's definitely way high up on my bust potential list...there's no way I'd draft him early if I were running a team, he just isnt a playmaker.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2946182 said:

Hey Chris, what USC O-lineman can we target in the 2-4 round range? Any legit prospects?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Charles Brown is the top prospect. He's a left tackle but may be small (6'6", 295) for our standards. Pretty athletic though and has the frame to get bigger.

Jeff Byers is a tough, smart guard/center type but is in his 6th year at USC.

Seniors Alex Parsons and Nick Howell are versatile guys who may get a look in someone's training camps.

Kris O'Dowd is a future 1st rounder but I can't see him coming out early.

Butch Lewis is a guard/tackle with good size (6'5", 305) but is only a Junior.

The team is very high on sophomore Tyron Smith. So much so, they shifted other veterans around to open up the right tackle spot for him. Like Charles Brown, he is a little light (270 lbs) for our line.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
hey Chris I found this

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Scouts-notebook-offensive-review.html

I missed the game

Still lacking some power
Last week, I talked about USC left tackle Charles Brown and the impressive job he did moving his feet in pass protection vs. San Jose State. I got a good question from a reader wondering what kind of a base strength the 6-foot-6 Brown has since his listed weight is only 285 pounds. Well, we got our answer this week after watching him try to block Ohio State DE Cameron Heyward one on one. Brown looked overwhelmed and overpowered against the 6-6, 287-pound Heyward, who was a force in both the run and pass game vs. the Trojans. If Brown hopes to have any chance of playing left tackle at the next level he needs to get stronger, because a weak left tackle will make every defensive end he faces in the NFL look like a good pass rusher.

No problem here
Maybe the unsung hero in the USC-Ohio State game was Trojans center Kristofer O’Dowd, who was coming off a dislocated kneecap injury that forced him to miss the season opener. He was the real difference for the Southern Cal offense inside. His ability to consistently win at the point of attack in the run game and help keep the Trojans’ drives alive was a key in this one. You could tell he was still a little banged up, but a gutsy performance like that doesn’t go unnoticed by NFL scouts, as O’Dowd looks to be well on his way to becoming one of the nation’s top overall center prospects

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Chris just watched the USC game

Charles Brown - he did not play bad he does need to bulk more

Williams - is impressive

O Dowd - Very impressive

Byers - I would take him

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2945292 said:
ughh I've seen enough of Ken Hamlin too. He just plain sucks. Give me Eric Berry please. Selvish will be there in the 2nd.

Not the end of the 2nd, were picking 32nd remember!:p:

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
so your picking a Right tackle - as our number one pick who is projected to go in the 5-6 rd

Selvish Capers, West Virginia
Height: 6-6. Weight: 289.
Projected 40 Time: 4.91.
Projected Round (2010): 5-6.
11/1/08: Perfect for the zone-blocking scheme, Selvish Capers' athleticism will turn some heads at the Combine.