"Hold on to the damn ball"

Venger

Reaction score
I admit, it might be my favorite quote from the Gingernut ever. They played that brief post game quip from Garrett on the SNF pregame, and Ginger's stock, riding at an all time low, went up a point with that. I believe the entire quote was "That was carry 3 out of the 30 you're gonna get, so hold on to the damn ball".

Anyone who has it in video form, please post it in this thread, I want to relive it for today's fleeting moment when we seemed to get it on the playcalling side of the ball...

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I actually think that JG has shown more emotion this year than in previous years. Maybe this is finally becoming his team

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually saw him working the officials today

Yep. He threw out a F-bomb at one point (McClain's int.?) and was asking for an explanation. There was a time when he let too much stuff go as far as bad officiating.

links18

Reaction score
So if Murray fumbled again, do you think Garrett would have benched him?

Zman5

Reaction score
He actually sounded more like a human being during his PC than Data from Star Trek like he usually does.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. Garrett doesn't seem to bench players.

He benched Murray for an early fumble in the preseaon last year. But, yeah, I don't think he's going to do that in a regular season game. He might pull him for a series to remind him specifically to pay attention to ball security, I guess. Like yesterday, when he should have had the ball in his off hand, and been three-pointing it.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No matter how much emotion he shows on the sidelines, no matter how many f bombs he throws, no matter how much he works the refs and no matter how much he talks to the players on the sidelines....always remember that gingers have no souls and no matter what he says or does he is still the scorpion telling the frog he won't sting him if only the frog will give him a ride across the river.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
He has to stay on Murray b/c he's always been fumble prone.

erod

Reaction score
Murray owes this team some fumble-free games now.