Hold the phone on Lecharles Bently....signs w/Cleveland

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Cowboys Dad said:
This begs the question, Why Not? This is another classic case where the answer to a glaring hole is sitting and staring Jerry and Bill right in the face and these two are too busy drinking moonshine at their own personal still to get off their fannys and fix what is broken. The sky is not falling here, but this among other things in the last eleven hours has this Cowboy Fanatic holding his breath and fighting the ghosts of 2004. Sorry but this fit was far too logical to overlook if they really have a plan to compete next season.
I think you meant "raises the question". As for a glaring hole, yes we had a couple of them in the OL last year, but left guard was not one.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
One thing is for sure. When you seriously consider Cleveland, you really are in it only for the money. :D
Bentley is from Cleveland, he already mentioned that he would love to go home.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys Dad said:
This begs the question, Why Not? This is another classic case where the answer to a glaring hole is sitting and staring Jerry and Bill right in the face and these two are too busy drinking moonshine at their own personal still to get off their fannys and fix what is broken. The sky is not falling here, but this among other things in the last eleven hours has this Cowboy Fanatic holding his breath and fighting the ghosts of 2004. Sorry but this fit was far too logical to overlook if they really have a plan to compete next season.
:hammer:

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
Bentley is from Cleveland, he already mentioned that he would love to go home.

No that doesn't change anything. Hell, if anything, he should be treating that place like the plague if he has first-hand experience. Like I said, if you consider Cleveland.... :D

Cowboys Dad

Reaction score
Ogt, Bentley is a Center my friend and THAT is one of the more glaring needs on the offensive line. He may move off to play guard for someone else but hes a pro bowl center, and that was something that should have rated high among the needs of this team.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Cowboys Dad said:
Ogt, Bentley is a Center my friend and THAT is one of the more glaring needs on the offensive line. He may move off to play guard for someone else but hes a pro bowl center, and that was something that should have rated high among the needs of this team.
hehehe...oops, for some reason I was thinking Hutchinson. Too early or something. Someone get me some coffee.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Cowboys Dad said:
This begs the question, Why Not?

I think the logic is that we can use the $ it would cost to get Bentley to fill two holes instead.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy said:
Seems to be the case despite the fans practically drooling over this guy.

Exactly.

I think the center play was as much a factor of the pathetic play at guard which was partially caused by the ineffective play at tackle.

God almighty, it was Johnsons second full year as a starter. And he wasn't as horrible as many have claimed.

The center position wasn't the POS that many seem to think it was. Hell, Y. Rich ran the numbers. Johnson had too many penalties but the other numbers weren't horrid.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
I don't think we were ever interested in Bentley.

I think that Parcells likes Al Johnson MUCH better than a lot of posters here do.

That's why, while I really like Bentley, I never really thought he might seriously come here. Only if we wanted him as a guard, IMO.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Exactly.

I think the center play was as much a factor of the pathetic play at guard which was partially caused by the ineffective play at tackle.

God almighty, it was Johnsons second full year as a starter. And he wasn't as horrible as many have claimed.

The center position wasn't the POS that many seem to think it was. Hell, Y. Rich ran the numbers. Johnson had too many penalties but the other numbers weren't horrid.

Don't know about other folks but I'm drooling over Bentley because he can replace Larry or Marco just as much as Al Johnson. Both of those guard salaries will be gone next year. The offensive line salaries might be high this year, but Jerry should be looking at this as a long-term thing because Larry and Marco don't have it in them to play much past 2006, especially at their current contract levels.

Cowboys Dad

Reaction score
Yes caffiene is good this morning, especially after I stayed up till three am last night in hopes that Jerrys plane would fuel up and head out. Oh well, no panic, and no problem on the oversight Ogt, everyone does it, unfortunately from experience I know people tend to harp on them. Its all good, and good bantering back and forth with ya.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
One thing is for sure. When you seriously consider Cleveland, you really are in it only for the money. :D

I appreciate the humor, but of course Cleveland is Bentley's home town, which is supposedly at the heart of his interest in playing there...

Now, if you ask me why anybody would want to go back to Cleveland once they got out of there, I couldn't answer that... LOL...

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
silverbear said:
I appreciate the humor, but of course Cleveland is Bentley's home town, which is supposedly at the heart of his interest in playing there...

Now, if you ask me why anybody would want to go back to Cleveland once they got out of there, I couldn't answer that... LOL...

They want more of this:

beer_buzz.jpg

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Cowboys Dad said:
This begs the question, Why Not?

Uhhh, he wants at least five million a year??

I've been all for signing Bentley since I first took a look at this free agent class, but no way can I justify spending over a quarter of our available cap room on a center...

This is another classic case where the answer to a glaring hole is sitting and staring Jerry and Bill right in the face and these two are too busy drinking moonshine at their own personal still to get off their fannys and fix what is broken.

You talk like Bentley is the only good center out there... he's the best of the crop, but there are other solid centers available who won't eat up half of that cap room... Justin Hartwig and Seth McKinney, for example...

sdcowboy2

Reaction score
is reporting bentley's agent told them he signed with the browns.Info from theranchreport:laugh2:

hmcorp

Reaction score
THE EAGLES TAMPERED THEY TAMPERED WHINE WHINE WHINE>..

WHAT happened to the TaMPERING THE EAGLES DID??? wHERE IS THE CONTRACT??/

whatever. Who knwos whats going to happen. too early and too little info to be sure of anything!!!

Cowboys Dad

Reaction score
silverbear said:

I've been all for signing Bentley since I first took a look at this free agent class, but no way can I justify spending over a quarter of our available cap room on a center...

You talk like Bentley is the only good center out there... he's the best of the crop, but there are other solid centers available who won't eat up half of that cap room... Justin Hartwig and Seth McKinney, for example...

All I am saying Silverbear is that as in everything, you get what you pay for. We have been hearing about these "cheap fix" offensive linemen for years now. Again I am not Chicken Little, I just think that if you want to fix it right then you acquire some guys with some skins on the wall, not guys that have fired all their bullets, but guys like Bentley who play at a pro bowl calibre level and are still hitting their prime. This is why every year there are gapping holes in this roster when camp opens. Its not necessary, but its a choice Bill and Jerry make year in and year out.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
silverbear said:

For the nth time, we want him as a guard as much as a center. If Larry Allen and Marco Rivera can make the money they do as interior linemen only a year from retirement and nowhere near their past primes, I think Bentley can get away with his contract, consider he hasn't even entered his prime. ;)