Holding Calls?

jordan20

Reaction score
BigWillie;1762396 said:
Anyone have the Snee hold on Roy in a smaller file? I'm getting tired of debating this with a gints fan, so a file would be helpful. :)

On sirius nfl radio today this afternoon, they played that td on the giants network and both announcers(including Bob P.) said it was clearly a hold on Roy W. But this morning Bob Pappa (which is the lead announcer for the giants) got S.Sharpe to tell the world no way it was a hold.

ringmaster

Reaction score
joseephuss;1760555 said:
Those were clear holding calls. The reason not every holding call is ever flagged is because the refs are moving their eyes trying to watch so many things. Blink and you can miss a call. The refs happened to be watching when those holds occurred and rightfully threw the flag.

They showed a replay yesterday of the long play to Shockey just before halftime. The Giants RT had his hand all over the face mask of the guy he was blocking. I think it was Spencer, but I am not certain if it was him. If the refs see and make that call the Giants don't get 3 points just before halftime.
I think it was Ware, that was being held because that was a sack waiting to happen had the RT not held.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
hairic;1762103 said:
This is a link to the 720p (12 seconds of video is 21.1 MB):

http://www.4shared.com/file/29095678/f99e30df/nyfg_holding_720p.html?dirPwdVerified=77a03bde

The first angle/clip is the most relevant one. I'm not even sure it's necessary to download the HD clip when the flv is pretty clear. He goes for the hug before there's contact between the two.

Yeah and he never gets the hug though, and never really gets ahold of anything or grabs him, or impedes him in anyway except for the guy running into his chest. His hands just glide over the top of his back and off of him, not impacting him at all.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;1764866 said:
Yeah and he never gets the hug though, and never really gets ahold of anything or grabs him, or impedes him in anyway except for the guy running into his chest. His hands just glide over the top of his back and off of him, not impacting him at all.

You have to be blind.... really I mean it....

#89 not only got his hands on #28 Davis, he has both hands on and pulls him down forward by the jersey. I am sitting here watching it and I would be willing to give you everything I own on this in a bet. You get the video and rewatch it. Maybe you are looking at someone else because it was clear even before they replayed it.

No one is trying to pull a fast one because it was a great call by the ref.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
RW Hitman;1766184 said:
You have to be blind.... really I mean it....

#89 not only got his hands on #28 Davis, he has both hands on and pulls him down forward by the jersey. I am sitting here watching it and I would be willing to give you everything I own on this in a bet. You get the video and rewatch it. Maybe you are looking at someone else because it was clear even before they replayed it.

No one is trying to pull a fast one because it was a great call by the ref.

Can you point to a frame where the jersey is actually pulled? All I see is hands sliding, not gripping, not even close to gripping.

hairic

Reaction score
Watch the back of his jersey move up then come back down and the cloth on his shoulder move and then be released (watch the stripes pop back into place). He might have grabbed his helmet with his left hand too, but you can't really see.

I shortened it to the best angled shot. Now it's only 9 MB.

http://www.4shared.com/file/29334222/17ad8832/kdavis_held_720p.html?dirPwdVerified=77a03bde

http://img48.*************/img48/3355/holdingvs1.jpg - look at the stripes on his shoulder pad and compare them to those on Reeves or Rogers. They are stretched from being pulled on.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;1767074 said:
Can you point to a frame where the jersey is actually pulled? All I see is hands sliding, not gripping, not even close to gripping.

yes i can, but I notice Hairic's post and the pic shows it all.

like he said, notice the number on the jersey being stretched. Also, notice how his right foot is still planted flat on the ground, so it is not like he is falling forward, at that point he is being yanked that is why the right foot is still flat.

before, I thought the Giant player was only grabbing his jersey with one hand, but looking at that pic, you can see him grabbing the hand as well. It looks like, while one hand is pulling up on the Davis' jersey, both hands are grabbing from underneath the shoulder pads at the arms and pulling.

In all God's honest truth, seeing that pick (and rewatching the vid over and over again), I do not see how ANYONE could not see definate and flagrant hold. Tackle as that was.