Holler out to La Cueva HS Baseball

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Just a quick note of congrads to my son's HS baseball team. The La Cueva Bears of Albuquerque NM, currently ranked 5th in the nation, just tied the all time win streak record of 67 straight games. The record was originally set by ArchBishop Melloy of NY in 1963-66. The Bears will go for the new record of 68 straight wins, this coming Saturday, when they take the field against Highland HS (My old alma mater). Good luck to the Bears.

This message can be moved to whatever appropriate forum.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
NYCowboy22 said:
I am an alumni of Archbishop Molloy :mad:

Congratulations on the new streak.

Actually NYC, at this point, the Bears only hold the distinction of sharing the record with your ArchBishop Molloy HS team of 63-66. If the Bears are succesful in beating my old HS team, this Saturday, they will set a new record. You might say I understand your point of view, to an extent. LOL.....

Either way, thank you for the congradtulations.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Congrats...hope your son and his team wins the game....it will be something he will always remember.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
My HS had a baseball team but I doubt they have won 67 period. Our only claim to fame was in basketball....Penny Hardaway and Elliot Perry

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Congrats, ABQ.

I deal a lot with Las Cruces High School and they know they're playing for second place again this year.

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
Holla! Sister in law was a grad from there :D!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Chief said:
Congrats, ABQ.

I deal a lot with Las Cruces High School and they know they're playing for second place again this year.

Thank you Chief. I told him, enjoy it now cause it won't always be like this.

Auhh..... to be young and not be in debt.

LOL!!!

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Thank you Chief. I told him, enjoy it now cause it won't always be like this.

Auhh..... to be young and not be in debt.

LOL!!!

OK... how DARE you post in this thread without telling us whether they got the record or not...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Just to try and close the loop here.

La Cueva boys HS Baseball team played a double header on Saturday against my old HS team, Highland HS.

La Cueva won the first game 15-1, breaking the record and won the second game 13-0. The record now stands at 70 and counting. However, it won't mean near as much if they tank it before they get to state. Here's hoping for continued success.

Congratulations to La Cueva Bears HS Baseball and to Archbishop Molloy for setting a standard that lasted 30 years.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
trickblue said:
OK... how DARE you post in this thread without telling us whether they got the record or not...

Sorry Trick. I ment to post the results right after I answered Chief but I got a call and couldn't do so. No disrespect intended. I hope my memebership is still in good standing.

LOL....

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Alas, after setting the record, La Cueva HS Boy Baseball team lost yesterday, convincingly, to Rio Grand HS. The final score was 17-8. Ironically, Rio Grand was the last team to beat La Cueva more then 2 years ago.

Great ride boys but all things must come to an end. The only thing to do now is start another streak.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
La Cueva Boys High School Baseball team finished there season defeating Eldorado High School 6-5 for there third consecutive 5A title. The Bears finished 28-1 this season.

Good Job Boys. Could not be prouder.

NYCowboy22

Reaction score
Well Molloy was an all boy school when it broke that record, it's now co-ed which translates to less talent. You wont have to worry about them breaking the existing record.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
NYCowboy22 said:
Well Molloy was an all boy school when it broke that record, it's now co-ed which translates to less talent. You wont have to worry about them breaking the existing record.

I don't know NYC. You ever tried to hit on some of these ladie Softball pitchers? I mean, I could not believe it. Some of those girls can bring that high hummer pretty good.

Basically, I don't put anything past New Yorkers. There a pretty resilient bunch if you ask me.