Holy Batman, I feel cheated and deceived!

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
All these years I thought they were filming Batman and Robin really climbing up those skyscrapers. Now I find this photo that proves they were FAKING IT! OMG, I feel so cheated and deceived. I had NO IDEA! I'm so upset! My world has been turned upside down (or on its side?). How could they lie to me like that?

f43cb8ae4bd4d12063c0f139044a40f6.jpg

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
All these years I thought they were filming Batman and Robin really climbing up those skyscrapers. Now I find this photo that proves they were FAKING IT! OMG, I feel so cheated and deceived. I had NO IDEA! I'm so upset! My world has been turned upside down (or on its side?). How could they lie to me like that?

You are joking, right?

cowboyec

Reaction score

just turn your phone long ways and all faith is restored...as long as your screen rotation doo-hickie is turned off....other wise you'll still be pissed.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Sorry, my own nephew explained to me, just a few weeks ago, that the moon gets *SOME OF* its light from the reflection of our oceans...so I have little faith in the intellect of my fellow man.

Fixed it.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
An imperceivable amount, but he thought all of it...and another nephew thought the phases of the moon were because of the Earth's shadow..... It's embarrassing, because the first one is 22, and the other one is 39.

The entire reason you can see the dark side of the moon from Earth is due to light reflecting off the Earth and onto the Moon. Otherwise, it would be almost completely black. (almost due to other star light coming from behind it)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The entire reason you can see the dark side of the moon from Earth is due to light reflecting off the Earth and onto the Moon. Otherwise, it would be almost completely black. (almost due to other star light coming from behind it)
Right, but there are times you can't even see the dark side, and even when you can it's just a tiny bit brighter than the space behind it...but okay, maybe I should have said "nearly imperceivable".

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Right, but there are times you can't even see the dark side, and even when you can it's just a tiny bit brighter than the space behind it...but okay, maybe I should have said "nearly imperceivable".
Yeah, I use glass (edit: telescope or binos) so I see it clear as day! :)

The less of the Moon that is lit by the Sun, the more likely you can see the dark side of the moon. When most of the moon is lit up, you become blinded by it to the point you can't see the dark side. (I know you already know this, just noting to clarify the post)