Home field advantage throughout playoffs still possible

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Extreme;2450689 said:
Q:How does one get an infraction on CZ by not breaking a rule, while others blatantly broke a rule?

A:By having a civil discussion with homers and disagreeing while being called an ****** and not retaliating.

Bullcrap ........ you deserved whatever you got .....

And if you do not like it.

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/612capture_tombstone03.jpg

Well ....... Bye

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
theebs;2450753 said:
In any scenario where we have a shot at the division, the Commanders in turn also have a shot.

it is better for us if the giants whip the skins tomorrow.

If the skins were to also lose to the eagles or get upset by the niners they would be in danger of missing the playoffs.

So really if the skins beat the giants tomorrow we will really be pulling hairs to win the division and make it as a wildcard.
Let me put it another way. I think we're looking at this from different angles. I am not making the argument that we necessarily want the Commanders to win. A Commanders loss is helpful to us in more scenarios than a Commanders win. So I'm not necessarily rooting for the Commanders to win tomorrow. If they do, however, that leaves us just one more NY loss from having a legitimate shot at the division.

stiletto

Reaction score
fanfromvirginia;2450755 said:
Hey, look -- I'm not assuming the Cowboys are going to make the playoffs. They've got an uphill battle. I'm just pointing out that if we continue to play well, not many things at all need to happen for us to have a shot at the division. And the jump from winning the division to home field throughout is actually pretty minor.

I understand but the optimism should be muted until we play a couple games in December. I'm not sold on this team beating two bottom dwellers enough to say that we are going to run the table..YET. I am still hoping for just a Wild Card. You are right in that things can change quickly in this league. Plaxico shot himself in the leg for godsake. Huge loss for the Giants IMO...what a hammer-head.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
stiletto;2450861 said:
I understand but the optimism should be muted until we play a couple games in December. I'm not sold on this team beating two bottom dwellers enough to say that we are going to run the table..YET. I am still hoping for just a Wild Card. You are right in that things can change quickly in this league. Plaxico shot himself in the leg for godsake. Huge loss for the Giants IMO...what a hammer-head.
I agree with all of this,especially the part about Burress being a world class lunkhead. But by the time we play our next game, two of the most important events in this scenario will have already occurred so it would be, more or less, up to the Cowboys themselves. And then we'd really see what they're made of (which of course might not be much, given the way they've played this season and in recent Decembers).

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
big dog cowboy;2450872 said:
Cowboys with the number one seed? Not this year.

Exactely! All this nonsense about number one seed is crazy talk. Let's all just hope the Boyz just get to the playoffs then take the chips as they fall.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
5Stars;2450875 said:
Exactely! All this nonsense about number one seed is crazy talk. Let's all just hope the Boyz just get to the playoffs then take the chips as they fall.
It's not as crazy as it looks on first glance. We need just two chips to fall in the right place to make the Pittsburgh game, our next game, about being a precursor to a home game against the Giants for, more or less, the division title.

Of course I'm not saying that's a likely scenario. But let's say the Commanders have a 40% shot at beating the Giants at home and the Eagles have a 25% shot at beating the Giants on the road. That's a 10% chance of getting to that stage. Not high, but certainly not lottery odds. And if the Commanders have a 50% chance of winning tomorrow and the Eagles at 40% chance, then we're up to 20%.

On edit: Another way to look at it -- when we line up to play the Steelers next Sunday at 4:00 EST, the Cowboys will either be playing for a legit shot at the division or not. The Cowboys will have to play well either way to have a shot at either the division or the playoffs.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;2450768 said:
Bullcrap ........ you deserved whatever you got .....

And if you do not like it.

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/612capture_tombstone03.jpg

Well ....... Bye
Why don't you PM me instead of breaking the rules?

Rudy

Reaction score
Maxmadden;2450704 said:
It's a pipe dream because you got the Commanders beating the Giants.

Teams come out of their shells when they're backed against a wall - look at Dallas against Washington...The Commanders have to win this game, not to mention the cliche of "any given sunday..."

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Extreme;2450949 said:

I have not broken one rule ..... you on the other hand ........

Nice new sig ....... :lmao2:

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
It is not out of the realm of possibility! Every good team by November doesn't stay good throughout. Just ask the 07' Cowboys. ;)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Extreme;2450949 said:

I will never kiss "up" to a Cowboy to avoid trouble. - Extreme

And "up" is the operative word! And don't forget it!! You and your lousey team has always been trying to catch "up" to the Cowboys. How pathetic and embarassing.

:laugh2: :rolleyes:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'm with fanfromva. I think if we win out we have a shot at the division title. But NY has to lose it's next two games for that to come into play. And we'll know come gametime. I wouldn't put the odds on the Skins winning at 40%. I'd say they have close to a 50% shot at home. If they can run and stop the run they are in that game. We didn't get up on the Skins until the 4th qtr our last game. The teams in the East are pretty good. So is TB and Carolina.

Still think they need to play it one game at a time. But they can beat anyone.

Daudr

Reaction score
fanfromvirginia;2450751 said:
What's particularly interesting about this, IMO, is that we only need 3 events over the next 8 days to go our way in order for the division to be on the line in the Giants game. Commanders over NY, then the Eagles over NY, then the Cowboys over the Steelers. So, in effect, we only need two events to go our way in order for the Steelers game to be about having a shot at the division. If the Commanders beat the Giants tomorrow, at home, at 1:00 EST, and the Eagles can somehow upset the Giants on the road the following Sunday at 1:00, then the Cowboys face the Steelers at 4:00 knowing that, essentially, the division's on the line.

This is definitely very possible. Whatever anyone says, division games - especially in the NFCE - are very unpredictable.

Skinsmaniac

Boycotting Snyder since 2009
Reaction score
Rudy;2450957 said:
Teams come out of their shells when they're backed against a wall - look at Dallas against Washington...The Commanders have to win this game, not to mention the cliche of "any given sunday..."
And thank goodness for that. I'm going to the Skins-Giants game. It's going to be cold and raining, and we'll probably lose by 20, but just that hope of pulling off an upset makes it worth it.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
5Stars;2451011 said:
I will never kiss "up" to a Cowboy to avoid trouble. - Extreme

And "up" is the operative word! And don't forget it!! You and your lousey team has always been trying to catch "up" to the Cowboys. How pathetic and embarassing.

:laugh2: :rolleyes:
Just so we're clear on one thing, since you apparently missed it.....

* Personal attacks on other members are not allowed.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This only applies to a few in this thread....

Put each other on ignore and/or move along to another discussion.

:cool:

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Right now you can pretty much say the Giants are winning the Division. The only thing left for us to do is get that Wildcard spot.