homework for a trade down

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
our pick at 22 is worth 780pts

if it were San Diego in rd one...their 1st and 2nd might be a reach unless they really want a particular player...their 1st and 3rd total 748pts...they'd prob have to kick in their 4th or at least their 5th

4 teams have two 2nd rd picks

Atlanta has 38 & 40, which totals 1020...we'd have to kick something back or possibly a player unless they were just dying for a guy

Tampa has 35 & 64, which totals 820..almost even

Miami has 40 & 60, which totals 800...again almost even

NY Jets have 59 & 63, which totals only 586...leaving them almost 200 short...they'd have to kick in probably a 3 & 4 to make it work, or a player we really wanted

just fyi

of course it might not matter because 1) we might move up or stay where we are or 2) we might move down but look for a 2nd this yr and 1st next yr

David

Shuttemdown41

Reaction score
dbair1967;1472602 said:
our pick at 22 is worth 780pts

if it were San Diego in rd one...their 1st and 2nd might be a reach unless they really want a particular player...their 1st and 3rd total 748pts...they'd prob have to kick in their 4th or at least their 5th

4 teams have two 2nd rd picks

Atlanta has 38 & 40, which totals 1020...we'd have to kick something back or possibly a player unless they were just dying for a guy

Tampa has 35 & 64, which totals 820..almost even

Miami has 40 & 60, which totals 800...again almost even

NY Jets have 59 & 63, which totals only 586...leaving them almost 200 short...they'd have to kick in probably a 3 & 4 to make it work, or a player we really wanted

just fyi

of course it might not matter because 1) we might move up or stay where we are or 2) we might move down but look for a 2nd this yr and 1st next yr

David

If they did trade down I'd expect them to do it for a 2nd this year and a number 1 next year. Nice to know the possibilities though, good job.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I'm pretty blah on a trade. If the right offer is made, go for it, otherwise just pick.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nice work with this.

It shows there are several possibilities.....

Woods

Reaction score
Unless we are going to get something tremendous, I'd prefer to not trade out of the 1st round, or at the minimum, have a very early 2nd round pick.

I'm sort of thinking that unless A Peterson somehow falls to 10-12, we probably won't trade up. I guess the wildcard would be if maybe Branch or Revis, for example, start sliding, and JJ really wants that player.

As for trading down, SD could be a real possibility, esp. if they really want a top ranked Safety or a WR like Bowe/Meachem. SD is really close to getting to the Super Bowl, so maybe they just go for it?

burmafrd

Reaction score
DON'T fall in love with the draft chart- as has been mentioned many teams do it differently, and many do not use one at all. Not to mention that the cap has to be figured into it.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd say it's 50/50 with us trading or staying at 22. Only thing for certain this year is you never know what Jones is going to do. Roy, TNew, Ware and Carp were pretty predictable.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
The important thing is to pick the right players. Trade down or not, don't reach. Don't get cute. Follow the draft board.

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
Woods;1472626 said:
Unless we are going to get something tremendous, I'd prefer to not trade out of the 1st round, or at the minimum, have a very early 2nd round pick.

I'm sort of thinking that unless A Peterson somehow falls to 10-12, we probably won't trade up. I guess the wildcard would be if maybe Branch or Revis, for example, start sliding, and JJ really wants that player.

As for trading down, SD could be a real possibility, esp. if they really want a top ranked Safety or a WR like Bowe/Meachem. SD is really close to getting to the Super Bowl, so maybe they just go for it?

Lately it looks like Branch might fall to 22.