Honest Romo questions?

coult44

Reaction score
If a light all of a sudden came on in Jerry's dome, what would be the smartest way to get out of Romo's contract? Nobody will give us better than a 6-7th round pick for a trade, so that's out. What would happen if he had to retire because of health, how would that affect the cap? If cut, what year makes most sense contractually?
Last, knowing what we seen yesterday is more likely than not to continue, do you wish JJ would've pulled the trigger on Johnny Football?

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
I will let other people answer the contract details question and answer only the last one with a question of my own.

What gives you the impression that Romo will give more of yesterday's game than his usual really good games?

as far as the wishing JJ pulling trigger on Johnny Manziel, that one is easiest question to answer, No Not at all, So happy we passed on him and it shown with our oline play. besides, we do not need a Michael Vick type RB err i mean QB.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
If a light all of a sudden came on in Jerry's dome, what would be the smartest way to get out of Romo's contract? Nobody will give us better than a 6-7th round pick for a trade, so that's out. What would happen if he had to retire because of health, how would that affect the cap? If cut, what year makes most sense contractually?
Last, knowing what we seen yesterday is more likely than not to continue, do you wish JJ would've pulled the trigger on Johnny Football?

If you are going to do that with Romo, you ride out this year, then cut him and spread the hit over two years. I don't want Johnny Football period. Who I like is the kid out of Oregon. Just like his game.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I will let other people answer the contract details question and answer only the last one with a question of my own.

What gives you the impression that Romo will give more of yesterday's game than his usual really good games?

as far as the wishing JJ pulling trigger on Johnny Manziel, that one is easiest question to answer, No Not at all, So happy we passed on him and it shown with our oline play. besides, we do not need a Michael Vick type RB err i mean QB.

Give it one or two more games like yesterday and Jerry will be all over the air waves saying he was right and every one else was wrong.
They should have taken Johnny.

coult44

Reaction score

Experience with very similar surgeries. He will never play without pain, and/or an indescribable uncomfortableness . Because of that, it will always hamper him physically and mentally. It showed yesterday and wasn't even a little surprising. I've always been one if his biggest fans, but now it's time to move on. With the shape our defense is in. It's a perfect time to do so.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Experience with very similar surgeries. He will never play without pain, and/or an indescribable uncomfortableness . Because of that, it will always hamper him physically and mentally. It showed yesterday and wasn't even a little surprising. I've always been one if his biggest fans, but now it's time to move on. With the shape our defense is in. It's a perfect time to do so.

Trust me, I am not far off from your line of thinking. We don't have anyone better to space him and we don't have the means to get anyone better. That being said, I don't believe Johnny manziel will come anywhere close. Next year's Draft, I think I will be looking for a qb

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
If you are going to do that with Romo, you ride out this year, then cut him and spread the hit over two years. I don't want Johnny Football period. Who I like is the kid out of Oregon. Just like his game.

Tell me more about this prospect? Thanks

Cowboy06

Reaction score

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just don't care for undrafted QBs overall. Not that some can't be successful and the odds of finding a Tom Brady is slim and none and don't look now...Slim is getting on the horse and heading out of town.
Highly drafted QB's can be a bust also.

Taurus

Reaction score
Tony is improving every week, and with this more run oriented zone scheme offense I believe he is right where we need him to be - efficient.

Last edited:

Cowboy06

Reaction score
Might have him already. Number 10 on your program.

I don't believe Mr. Vaughn is the answer. I do believe he will be in the league for awhile, but Romo will only be replaced if the back gets so bad he can't throw any longer. What I suspect is that he will try to play for a few more years and Vaughn will be gone for whatever reason. I think if they draft a QB high in the draft they will pull a Dware and just release Romo when doing so is very cap friendly. We will know when they don't try to extend his salary to make cap room. JMO

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
we shoulda traded up to get teddy instead of lawrence who is injured (and we're making it fine without him) anyhow.

THEN next year, draft your D players.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I wasn't totally against Manziel being a Cowboy. But, in light of his partying antics I question his maturity. And I think Martin was the BPA at that time of the draft. I like Manziel's upside, but he would need at least 1 year to sit on the bench before he would be remotely ready and it's more like 2 years.

We have to prepare for Romo either retiring or regressing so bad due age, soon. And I would prefer to have a QB sit out their rookie year rather than start right away.

YR

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I don't think Dallas is trying to get out of the contract, they have a very good QB in Romo. As for Johnny Football don't care for him never wanted him he can rot in Cleveland for all I care. More hype than talent

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Hate to tell you but all people are not the same just because you had this procedure does not mean recovery will be the same. I love it when people act as if they know how Romo feels or how much he can play. lol