Honestly, are you losing faith that JuJo is our RB of the future?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I remember how excited we were 2 years ago when he lit it up in the few games he appeared in his rookie year. We were all convinced he would make 1,000 yards minimum last year and be the next starting running back for this franchise for as long as his body could take it. When he didn't produce as well last season, the blame fell on the the offensive line, injuries, and really everything but Julius. Well, I've been watching him this preseason, and I don't about you folks but I'm starting to wonder if he has the vision and moves to miss that first hit that is necessary for any running back to make it in the NFL. I know our offensive line isn't the league's best, but ya know what, last week, they did pretty darn good against the 49ers, and JuJo still barely averaged above 3 yards a carry. I'm starting to wonder if those few 100 yard games his rookie year were a fluke. It wouldn't be the first time. Running back more than any other position, is known for one year flashes by rookies and unknown players. Think of the Green Bay backs with 100 yards last year, Timmy Smith on the Skins, the Broncos running backs, Karim Abdul Jabar on the Fins, Kevan Barlow, the list goes on....

Are you starting to lose faith? I tell you what, one thing I'm starting to believe is the rumor that Bill wanted to trade JuJo in the draft.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
i voted for the first choice BUT alot of it is not his fault. The oline looked putrid last night and i could tell he was about to smack somebody.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
When the holes are there he looks like a hero. When the holes aren't there he looks like a zero.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
How about this for an option: He's a decent player who's tough and can get you yards but isn't going to be the next Emmitt Smith. He'll stick around for a while but he'll never be good enough for a lot of the "every position has to be a star" type fan.

marsbennett

Mars Man
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I remember how excited we were 2 years ago when he lit it up in the few games he appeared in his rookie year. We were all convinced he would make 1,000 yards minimum last year and be the next starting running back for this franchise for as long as his body could take it. When he didn't produce as well last season, the blame fell on the the offensive line, injuries, and really everything but Julius. Well, I've been watching him this preseason, and I don't about you folks but I'm starting to wonder if he has the vision and moves to miss that first hit that is necessary for any running back to make it in the NFL. I know our offensive line isn't the league's best, but ya know what, last week, they did pretty darn good against the 49ers, and JuJo still barely averaged above 3 yards a carry. I'm starting to wonder if those few 100 yard games his rookie year were a fluke. It wouldn't be the first time. Running back more than any other position, is known for one year flashes by rookies and unknown players. Think of the Green Bay backs with 100 yards last year, Timmy Smith on the Skins, the Broncos running backs, Karim Abdul Jabar on the Fins, Kevan Barlow, the list goes on....

Are you starting to lose faith? I tell you what, one thing I'm starting to believe is the rumor that Bill wanted to trade JuJo in the draft.
I've never been completely sold on him as yet. There has been several times I thought he could be. The fact is, he may not be durable enough to take the arse whipping he has to take to play in the NFL.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
I don't think Jones is ever going to amount to anything.

Can he be good sometimes maybe great...Yes, but they are few and far between.

After Dorsett and Smith...Cowboy fans are not going to be happy with few and far between. That's the truth whether people want to admit it or not.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
When the holes are there he looks like a hero. When the holes aren't there he looks like a zero.

Well there aren't always going to be holes. Sometimes you have to make things on your own...and I don't think Jones can do that.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Yes I am, a little bit.

Simply put, I am confused about our running game. I don't know who is to blame. I don't know whether it will be corrected during the regular season.

Regardless, my confusion has tempered my enthusiasm a tad with Julius. I still see those flashes at times, but the consistency's just not there with our running game in general. Is it his fault? Bledsoe's slow handoffs? The running scheme? The line? Good defensive efforts?

I have no clue.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Yes indeed I am. He seems hesitant about hitting the hole.

Why?????? Who in the heck knows.....I suspect a loss of confidence. Will I get hurt? Can I make it through that hole? Will I fumble?...That's just an old man's opinion.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Well... It seems like he is comfortable with an open field( watch that one dump pass he broke two linebackers tackles with ease for a good gain)

It just seems like something happens bad on the line and he doesnt see day light and panics.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
DBoys said:
Slow to the lane? What lane?

Ok fine, maybe "lane" wasn't the right word.

What I'm trying to say is that MB3 just seems to be faster for some reason. He just seems to have that quick burst. I guess JJ lost a step.

DBoys

Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
Ok fine, maybe "lane" wasn't the right word.

What I'm trying to say is that MB3 just seems to be faster for some reason. He just seems to have that quick burst. I guess JJ lost a step.

I think it was the right word to use I carried out my frustration with this topic on you. Sorry about that.

For those disapointed with Julius PLEASE rewatch the game and look at the difference in defensive formations. When JuJo comes in they bring in 8 or 9 men in the box and blitz the lanes because we are in 2 TE formation.

When Marion comes in we are not in a 2 TE formation and everything is spread. Marion has lanes to run through and most times he is not even touched for a few yards beyond LOS. JuJo gets touched before the LOS that is a tell that your OL is to blame. Granted in a regular game Bledsoe would audible and throw to a TE because they will be wide open.

JuJo is such I good back and I can't stand people bagging on him for something out of his control. The guy has had some phenominal games for us and trust me the defenses stack the box because they are scared of him.