Honestly Think Ty Law will be a Cowboy

Compacity

Benched
Reaction score
He's a Parcells player, he ready to be with more rings, probably a nice size contract, but it should be a incentitive in there saying if he gets hurt he get a certain amount of money...something that could benefit both sides...

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Hey, if he proves to be healthy and doesn't get paid like a CB to play FS- I'm all for it. But I just don't see that happening.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Compacity said:
He's a Parcells player, he ready to be with more rings, probably a nice size contract, but it should be a incentitive in there saying if he gets hurt he get a certain amount of money...something that could benefit both sides...
I've always said NO WAY not because I don't like him but because who his agent is. Poston...Enough said

Then yesterday he had an interview on ESPN PTI where he said his price isn't coming down which means we will not even try to contact him.

END OF STORY

Compacity

Benched
Reaction score
cannonball44 said:
As long as Keith Davis starts, I have NO problem....

true but the simple fact is Parcells wanted Ray Mickens...A PARCELLS PLAYER... do you think he would go after another Conerback just for resonable depth and Experience at the position....So the normal picture is Ty Law

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Compacity said:
true but the simple fact is Parcells wanted Ray Mickens...A PARCELLS PLAYER... do you think he would go after another Conerback just for resonable depth and Experience at the position....So the normal picture is Ty Law

Where do you get your stuff at?

No one says Parcells wanted Mickens... and on one says he wanted him as a safety.

Better get another magic 8-ball Compac.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
I've always said NO WAY not because I don't like him but because who his agent is. Poston...Enough said

Then yesterday he had an interview on ESPN PTI where he said his price isn't coming down which means we will not even try to contact him.

END OF STORY
Yea,
I forgot he was with the Postons...

There is NO WAY he will be a Cowboy.

Compacity

Benched
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Yea,
I forgot he was with the Postons...

There is NO WAY he will be a Cowboy.

Inform me who this Poston character is... It sound like he one of Daniel Snyder's favorite agent...?

jksmith269

Reaction score
Compacity said:
I'm with MW on this one no one ever said he wanted Mickens that was a rumor started and found out rather quickly to be false. Helps if people keep up on the news and events. But then again we all make mistakes so no harm

Compacity

Benched
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
I'm with MW on this one no one ever said he wanted Mickens that was a rumor started and found out rather quickly to be false. Helps if people keep up on the news and events. But then again we all make mistakes so no harm

It's obvious the rumor wasn't false because he's still traded to the team that Parcells wanted Ray Mickens from... Yall look at the facts

jksmith269

Reaction score
Compacity said:
Inform me who this Poston character is... It sound like he one of Daniel Snyder's favorite agent...?
You don't know who Postons are?

The are the most hated (by the owners) agents in the world I'd say. They are the reason Merriman didn't go to the chargers Mini-camps they are notorious for having their players hold out of TC. They basically suck for your team if one of your players are represented by them.

they also Represent Winslow and a few others

Compacity

Benched
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:

The are the most hated (by the owners) agents in the world I'd say. They are the reason Merriman didn't go to the chargers Mini-camps they are notorious for having their players hold out of TC. They basically suck for your team if one of your players are represented by them.

WOW! yeah knowing how cheap Jerry Jones is, we're not getting a Ty Law and I hope Jerry Jones have read this...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Compacity said:
WOW! yeah knowing how cheap Jerry Jones is, we're not getting a Ty Law and I hope Jerry Jones have read this...

Jones cheap? He has doled out the money making guys like Aikman,Smith and Irvin the higest paid players at their position. To earn the money you have to play at a high level. If you do that Jerry has never been shy about paying players like that.

Dye

Reaction score
Compacity said:

jones is not cheap...you must have him confused with the (pre-denny greene)bidwell, owner of the cardinals. now that guy was cheap!

TheHustler

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:

not to mention they play hardball like no other. MANY of their top draft picks are involved in lengthy holdouts. MANY clubs have sworn off dealing with them. Unfortunately, teams still get screwed when rookies like Merriman have a different agent before the draft then switch to the Potsons after the draft.

jksmith269

Reaction score
Compacity said:
It's obvious the rumor wasn't false because he's still traded to the team that Parcells wanted Ray Mickens from... Yall look at the facts
You can think all you want that we wanted Mickens for Hunter all you want fact is they may have offered Mickens but where turned down. I don't think we ever had any intrest in getting Mickens from NY I also think we got exactly what we wanted for Hunter.

And have you ever thought that all the talk about trading Hunter to the jets by the fans could have helped this trade along? For instance

A team official in Dallas hears the rumor on ESPN and calls up JJ and says J are we trading Hunter to the Jets? J No, where did you hear that? Official its on ESPN that we may be trading Hunter for Mickens. J well maybe the jets have been talking about trading for Hunter. Call BP and see what he thinks.

O calls BP asks BP about trading Hunter to the jets for Mickens Bp says I like Mickens but if we trade Hunter I want picks.

O calls J and informs JJ, JJ then calls Jets owner and asks if their intrested in Hunter they say they are but not wanting to do anything until they know if their CB is playing or retiring.

Could something like this have happened? Who knows fact is Dallas has said we where never intrested in trading Hunter for Mickens and I beleive them.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Compacity said:

LOL If he wanted Mickens then why did he trade Hunter for picks instead of Mickens

blindzebra

Reaction score
Tid bits from his ESPN interview yesterday.

He said fair market value anytime a contract question came up.

He said the importance of what his role would be is a priority.

He did not think KC could afford to pay two CBs Surtain money.

When asked if he would be lowering his asking price, since it's so late in free agency, he said, "I'M NOT LOWERING ANYTHING."

When asked how much it would take to sign him he said, " I'll leave that up to my agents."

That breaks down to, money, starting CB, top CB money, a lot of money, and the Postons.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Compacity said:

Hmm, I guess you were wrong since he has signed with the Chefs.