Hooker is better than Kazee

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
And it's not even close in my opinion and I've been saying it for weeks. I hope when Wilson gets back Kazee is shown the bench. It isn't just because of the Int yesterday either, Hooker has been playing much better than Kazee and has been way more active when it comes to tackling. Hopefully when Wilson returns It could be him, Kearse and Hooker as the 3 main safeties with Kazee seeing limited time in Dime.

starfan1

Reaction score
I agree but don’t be shocked if hooker ends up hurt again

freemanjc19

Reaction score
And it's not even close in my opinion and I've been saying it for weeks. I hope when Wilson gets back Kazee is shown the bench. It isn't just because of the Int yesterday either, Hooker has been playing much better than Kazee and has been way more active when it comes to tackling. Hopefully when Wilson returns It could be him, Kearse and Hooker as the 3 main safeties with Kazee seeing limited time in Dime.

All Day

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can see all 4 in some type of rotation once Wilson is back on the field.
I do like Hooker better than Kazee, but that is my preference, of him being a Buckeye. But they have different roles so it seems as @CATCH17 pointed out.

I think Hooker can play both positions though. But it is working overall for now, so no need to change it up much. Depending how much playing time each will get.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Obviously Kearse needs to be signed, Dallas has been a perfect fit for him. I would let Kazee walk and try to sign Hooker to a team friendly deal.

Give him a 2-3 year deal. It’ll be interesting to see what he can do with a season under his belt and a full off-season with us. Dude was an absolute stud prior to his injury.

Also, where the hell is Donovan Wilson?

quickccc

Reaction score
- Apparently the coaches are not ready to replace Kazee with Hooker..
Hate to think it but Hooker's only chance at it may have to come via an unfortunate injury to Kazee.

- Dunno if it is such a familiar scheme. but i am not only seeing Capt. Hook showing sound physicality in his tackles but he is also managing to
stay healthy. i'd like to have the most consistent guy one who stays in position, and will make the sure tackle or play in cover when needed.

- Not only bouncing back from serious achilles heel injuries (ditto with Kazee) but to play solid in a reserve role, this is becoming a Money Ball move that seems to
be paying off big

- Jayvon Kearse is even a more Money ball move that no one in the NFL saw coming. Everyone assumed he'd be a special teams role fringe guy, and battling it out
for the last 50th man role on the roster. So consistent on an every game basis.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Kazee has been all over the place. I've seen him look really good and I've seen him look very meh. My main issue with him is his tackling sometimes. I've seen him just lunge himself at a player instead of wrapping up and making a textbook tackle.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Hooker has filled in to play Wilson's role, and has done really well..maybe better than Wilson. Hooker is naturally a FS, and will do better than Kazee imo. DQ ain't moving off Kazee tho, so hopefully something gets worked out because Hooker is looking healthy now and starting to make plays.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I agree, but I also think both Hooker and Kazee are gone next year. Donovan Wilson will be at one spot and I hope Dallas re-signs Jayron Kearse to play the other.

Beaker42

Reaction score
By miles. Kazee absolutely sux.

Reactions: BAT

Beaker42

Reaction score
Kazee is the only deep safety we have.

He’s not playing bad at all.

Hooker is used more like a SS for us.
Kazee gave up both TD’s to the Pats because of poor effort and technique. Even the announcers said the long one after Diggs’ pick 6 looked like he made a business decision.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Kazee gave up both TD’s to the Pats because of poor effort and technique. Even the announcers said the long one after Diggs’ pick 6 looked like he made a business decision.

Yeah and Diggs has been beat like a drum this year at times too.

For a near vet minimum player that’s pretty good if we have to go back a couple months to show evidence of how horrible he is.