Hope Garrett took notes this weekend

TunaCaserole

Reaction score
The teams that won all ran the ball to gain dominance over their opponents. I hope Red was watching!!

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
It's not that Garrett doesn't want to run. We've seen games where they come out and try to pound it. The problem is that a leopard can't change his spots. It's like a brawler who goes into a fight wanting to be more technical - once they get hurt, they're back to hurling punches like there's no tomorrow.

If the running game isn't getting 6 yards every carry (what run game does?), he'll go right back to throwing. It's in his nature.

What compounds it is that Romo also loves to throw, so they enable each other.

Wood

Reaction score
I hope our fans watched. Not really any dominating performances by QBs this weekend. The QBs managed their game plan, field position was key, and defenses were important in the victories. No team that won this weekend relied on their QB to carry them to victory.

exactly...they didn't make head scratching plays or succumb to pressure...they played situational football and made good decisions. Your good ones don't just put up raw good numbers they know when to pull it back based on tone of the game.

morasp

Reaction score
The other critical stat in the playoffs is turnovers. Unfortunately, despite all hoopla that went along with Murray getting benched in a preseason game for fumbling, he cost us the game by fumbling in the red zone against the Eagles in our biggest game of the season.

visionary

Reaction score
i hope our fans watched, real teams put together by real GMs, coached by real HCs, who devised game plans to the strength of their players