Horns DB Brown screws up again.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If this has been posted, please merg or delete.

Texas CB Brown runs afoul of law again

Police find marijuana residue in friend's car; cornerback also charged

02:38 AM CDT on Saturday, March 24, 2007

By CHIP BROWN / The Dallas Morning News
E-mail chipbrown@***BANNED-URL***

AUSTIN – Former Texas cornerback Tarell Brown of North Mesquite posted bond and was released from the Williamson County Jail on Friday after being charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession. It's the second time Brown has been charged with a misdemeanor in the last seven months.

Brown's attorney, Jamie Balagia of Austin, said Brown was the passenger in a car that was pulled over by police for a routine traffic stop Thursday. After police discovered there was an outstanding arrest warrant for the driver, authorities found a baggie with marijuana residue inside the car, Balagia said.

"Tarell Brown had nothing to do with the residue found by police. It belonged to the driver," Balagia said. "But in Williamson County, they arrest everyone in the car. Brown doesn't do drugs, has never done drugs and plans on taking a drug test to show everyone exactly that."

The Class B misdemeanor is punishable by up to 180 days in jail and a $2,000 fine.

Brown hopes to be selected in next month's NFL draft. He performed for NFL scouts during Texas' pro timing day Wednesday, running the 40-yard dash in 4.4 seconds. Brown started 35 games for Texas, including 11 of 13 games last season. One of his missed starts last season – in September against Ohio State – was because of a one-game suspension connected to a misdemeanor gun charge.

Last September, Brown was a passenger in the back seat of a car driven by former Texas linebacker Aaron Harris of North Mesquite when police pulled the car over for erratic driving. Authorities found a "blunt" marijuana cigarette in the car and found Brown in the back seat, asleep with a pistol belonging to Texas linebacker Tyrell Gatewood in his lap.

Misdemeanor drug possession charges against Brown and Gatewood, who was also in the car, were dropped after Harris accepted ownership of the marijuana. The misdemeanor gun charge against Brown is pending.

Stupid.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree stupid. With so much on the line to go and get involved with this kind of stuff is down right stupid. I guess getting high is more important to him

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I know it's a stressful time for potential draft picks worrying about where they will be taken in the draft, but good Lord

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Clearly he needs one of these.

fortwo_smart_car_5.jpg

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk;1436595 said:
\
because of the dopamine.
Uh, are you trying to tell me that an amino acid produced naturally by the human body is in cannabis and that is why it is nicknamed dope?

I am not saying it is impossible, but I'd sure like to see some proof. The etymological source of dope for drugs dates to the late 1800's and was about doping race horses, not humans, and they didn't dope them with cannabis.

calico

Reaction score
I saw this a few days ago...I can't believe some people can be so damn stupid when they have so much at stake.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With character being emphasised so much these guys, he may not get drafted. Most 2nd day picks are long shots and with the history Brown has I wouldn't waste a pick on him.

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile;1436611 said:
Uh, are you trying to tell me that an amino acid produced naturally by the human body is in cannabis and that is why it is nicknamed dope?

I am not saying it is impossible, but I'd sure like to see some proof. The etymological source of dope for drugs dates to the late 1800's and was about doping race horses, not humans, and they didn't dope them with cannabis.

It was just a joke. :eek:

marijuana might increase dopamine levels, but so do lots of things. Maybe it's cuz it can make you feel dopey.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk;1436666 said:
It was just a joke. :eek:

marijuana might increase dopamine levels, but so do lots of things. Maybe it's cuz it can make you feel dopey.

Future 585;1436604 said:
that made me laugh
At least one person felt you made a point.

I was just shocked at the response.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
http://i66.***BLOCKED***/albums/h267/Kimberlysumner/james_brown_200.jpg

williams_ricky_250.jpg

benson_cedric_250_10.jpg

ncf_g_brown_195.jpg

I'm beginning to see a pattern here....

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile;1436721 said:
At least one person felt you made a point.

I was just shocked at the response.

It could be at least somewhat accurate, I'm not sure. I know you were just being coy with the original post, about why they call it "dope". Word origins are interesting, even slang - I think the increased production of dopamine may have influenced the use of 'dope" in regards to marijuana.

Maybe.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
Hostile;1436611 said:

Huh?? I misplaced my dictionary.