Horrendous GBN Mock For Cowboys

Woods

Reaction score
I don't know why, and I'm in the minority, but drafting Bruce Campbell makes me a bit nervous. To me, he seems like a boom-bust type player.

Again, I'm sure I'm in the minority. But based on what I've read, Campbell has limited starts, and he has been injured a bit at Maryland. But he does have a ton of potential.

Many draft sites are saying that after his Pro workout and/or Combine, he should test very well, which will really propel him up the draft boards - possibly even to top 12 in this draft. Several draft gurus think that Campbell will run sub 5.0 in the 40, etc.

I could see where Campbell has the athletic ability to be a top LT, but I'd still prefer to go with someone more than 17 or so starts in college - esp in the 1st round.

The Realist

Reaction score
Not a Campbell fan at all. Like you said.....17 starts, injured......

On top of that he had big time academic issues and scouts question is motivation.

All that after a year of military prep school after HS.

Like Parcells, I don't like players you have to motivate with a club.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Cough...Jacob Rogers part two??

Definitely on my short list to not be picked in the 1st, but I might take a chance if he were still there in the 2nd round.

If we are going for a LT, by all means, I will not be hurt if we trade up.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The Realist;3271940 said:
Not a Campbell fan at all. Like you said.....17 starts, injured......

On top of that he had big time academic issues and scouts question is motivation.

All that after a year of military prep school after HS.

Like Parcells, I don't like players you have to motivate with a club.

Ding-ding.

I don't really have too much issue with experience, so long as they have the necessary tools to play the position and are willing to put the work in and be coached. To me, you can work with the experience issues. If you don't have the work ethic, that's a problem because getting paid a lot of money before you've done anything will not help that particular shortcoming.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Woods;3271933 said:
I don't know why, and I'm in the minority, but drafting Bruce Campbell makes me a bit nervous. To me, he seems like a boom-bust type player.

Again, I'm sure I'm in the minority. But based on what I've read, Campbell has limited starts, and he has been injured a bit at Maryland. But he does have a ton of potential.

Many draft sites are saying that after his Pro workout and/or Combine, he should test very well, which will really propel him up the draft boards - possibly even to top 12 in this draft. Several draft gurus think that Campbell will run sub 5.0 in the 40, etc.

I could see where Campbell has the athletic ability to be a top LT, but I'd still prefer to go with someone more than 17 or so starts in college - esp in the 1st round.
I agree, let's stay away from him.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Do not know what you guys are complaining about ..... we nee an *** kicker like Bruce Campbell on this team

I mean he may be in his 50's ..... but the chainsaw hand would be useful.

evildead2_02-article_image%281%29.jpg

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
zrinkill;3272012 said:
Do not know what you guys are complaining about ..... we nee an *** kicker like Bruce Campbell on this team

I mean he may be in his 50's ..... but the chainsaw hand would be useful.

Naw, chop blocking is illegal... especially with a chain saw...