Horse Collar Still Not Being Called

Encore

Never Enough
Reaction score
Titans Punt Returner WR Roby had a 59yrd return and the kicker came over and horse collared him down. The announcers said "Isn't the a horse collar tackle? They're still not being called, but wait till Roy Williams does it and they'll be 10 flags on the field.

And yes, the KR Roby was hurt on the play. His foot got caught up underneath him.

It won't be fair.

calico

Reaction score
yeah, this is how it will be. They have too many variations to the rule anyway so it is all pointless. Just wait for Roy to do it and he will be fined and suspended.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Dont you remember? It's only a penalty if said Cowboys player who shall remain nameless

ROY WILLIAMS

Commits the foul

Tricked

Fascinated
Reaction score
yeah, i've heard announcers say it, complaining about refs not calling it... and they were right on the money, the bigger the star, theres a better chance of it being called.. the only reason that was made a rule was because of TO :mad:

JPM

Reaction score
HummerMan said:
yeah, i've heard announcers say it, complaining about refs not calling it... and they were right on the money, the bigger the star, theres a better chance of it being called.. the only reason that was made a rule was because of TO :mad:

and Andy Reid whining like a little girl.

Reed

Reaction score
A 49ers player horse collard an eagles player real bad today and it wasnt called, it was blatenly obvious, i hate this rule already

Tricked

Fascinated
Reaction score
everybody hates it, unless you're peyton manning, michael vick, randy moss, or terrell owens :)

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Horse Collar Still Not Being Called

And that's the way it should be. They're football players, let them play football.

I agree they'll be twice as many flags as there are refs on the field the first time Roy does it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rack said:
And that's the way it should be. They're football players, let them play football.

I agree they'll be twice as many flags as there are refs on the field the first time Roy does it.
I just want to amplify that Rack. I did not hear the swell to outlaw this.

Can't say the same about the chop block but we don't use it so it is still legal.

Friggin sad really.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
On the nfl net the other day, Terrell Davis brought up that last week there were 8-10 horse collars and none were called. I wish he would have said that it apparently only a rule for Roy.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Rack said:

Right! Even the referees know its a BS penatly.