Hot Draft Rumor page leading up to the draft

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Will try and keep this updated as I hear info.;)

Sounds like the Patriots are about to rock everyones boat w/ a couple of trades to move back in the 1st round.

Jimmy G to Cleveland....
Butler to the Saints.....

Mike Loyko‏ @NEPD_Loyko 10m10 minutes ago

Mike Loyko Retweeted daniel nava

They are dealing Jimmy G. Schefter among others that have been strongly hinting at a Butler deal before draft day.

Mike Loyko added,

daniel nava @EDanielnava
Replying to @NEPD_Loyko
Or Jimmy G? Dealing butler won't get pats #11. They also hosted Derek Barnett. Who will be gone by #15 but could be there at #12

Also....yesterdays wild rumor was the Bears taking a QB @ 1/3...Deshaun Watson QB Clemson

Word is the 49ers are desperate to trade down.....but if they can't move down they will take a QB as well...
Mitch Trubisky QB N. Carolina

funkytown

Reaction score
Thanks for starting a rumors page, things could get interesting in the next week.

If the Pats can get that #12 pick for Jimmy G they'd be crazy to turn it down. Brady isn't hanging em up anytime soon. Why not add as much talent around him for a few years. Jimmy G will not help them sitting on the bench.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Thanks for starting a rumors page, things could get interesting in the next week.

If the Pats can get that #12 pick for Jimmy G they'd be crazy to turn it down. Brady isn't hanging em up anytime soon. Why not add as much talent around him for a few years. Jimmy G will not help them sitting on the bench.

Pats just brought in Derek Barnett DE Tennesee/Ryan Ramczyk OT Wisconsin/Obi Melifonwu SS/CB Connecticut/Adoree Jackson CB/WR USC.

If your the Pats....and you could trade your back up QB and Butler for Barnett and Adoree...I think they are pretty dumb not too.:rolleyes:

visionary

Reaction score
No
The dumb one is Jerry who had to do "the right thing" by Romo and release him and the losers are stupid cowboy fans who continue to believe he is a good owner

The next good football decision this moron makes will be his first

RS12

Reaction score
No
The dumb one is Jerry who had to do "the right thing" by Romo and release him and the losers are stupid cowboy fans who continue to believe he is a good owner

You forgot the part about announcing to the world he was going to do right by Romo, then reversing course a month later and deciding to trade him, and do right by the team. Guess the old wild catter forgot once you show your hand, its kind of hard to bluff your way out of it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
No

Romo plans to be in broadcasting.
Come on v, what are talking about

What do you suggest Jerry should have done if Tony didnt want to play for another team?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll be disgusted if this is true. Once again, the smartest team in the league hoodwinks the dumbest team in the league. If the Pats get the #12 overall pick for Jimmy Garopolo, just hand them the trophy, for the next four years.

And the Browns should have their franchise revoked.

RS12

Reaction score
I'll be disgusted if this is true. Once again, the smartest team in the league hoodwinks the dumbest team in the league. If the Pats get the #12 overall pick for Jimmy Garopolo, just hand them the trophy, for the next four years.

So true. The Browns will have a new GM in two years while Belicheat gets another GM fired and a Lombardi. Garopolo obvious system QB and if was more than a JAG wouldnt NE keep him with a 40Y/O Brady and how hard it is to find a QB?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So true. The Browns will have a new GM in two years while Belicheat gets another GM fired and a Lombardi. Garopolo obvious system QB and if was more than a JAG wouldnt NE keep him with a 40Y/O Brady and how hard it is to find a QB?

To say nothing of the fact that the Browns would not only give up that pick, but have to pay a huge money contract for a still unproven player. Dumb on top of dumb.

DFWJC

Reaction score

I get why you dont want NE to get that pick.
However
Many (all?) GMs think Garoppolo is better...and certainly more ready...than any QB in this draft.

Using the 12th pick (not the 1st) in the draft to get your franchise QB, while still getting the stud pass rusher 1st overall, would be considered a smart move by Cleveland.

Then they still have two more 1st rounders next year as well.

They have so muchcap room tneycant even smartly spend it rightnow.
So even tnat part of it makes sense.

NE wanted the 1st overall and Cleveland held their ground. Pretty much everyone thought giving NE the later pick made sense.

Great deal for NE too, of course. If true, Im just glad they didnt get Garrett with yhe 1st overall.

Last edited:

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
just goes to show why the pats just win and win and win bellicheat is so far ahead of the rest of the league

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Bengals said to be eyeing Soloman Thomas....why?

-- Two QBs go top 8
-- Jonathan Allen goes before Thomas
-- Two RBs go top 8
-- Let's say the Titans take a CB (Lattimore) and somebody else take OJH. (Jets @ 1/6)

Interesting...:rolleyes:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
just goes to show why the pats just win and win and win bellicheat is so far ahead of the rest of the league

I think if they get the 1/12 pick...they are gonna shock everyone and take an OT....Ryan Ramczyk OT Wisconsin

Nate Solder is a free agent in 2018. And is expected to get a big deal. Wouldn't shock me to see his name in play either.

Gotta give the Pats credit. The one thing they do better than anybody is churn that roster...avoid big contracts like Romo's deal that ends up eating most of your cap. It's deals like that that have handcuffed this franchise for the last 4 years.:rolleyes:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get why you dont want NE to get that pick.
However
Many (all?) GMs think Garoppolo is better...and certainly more ready...than any QB in this draft.

I'd have to see some evidence to support this claim.

Using the 12th pick (not the 1st) in the draft to get your franchise QB, while still getting the stud pass rusher 1st overall, would be considered a smart move by Cleveland.

Garopolo isn't a franchise quarterback any more than Matt Cassell ever was. And there's zero proof that he's better than this year's quarterbacks. He's barely played himself.

Then they still have two more 1st rounders next year as well.

They have so muchcap room tneycant even smartly spend it rightnow.
So even tnat part of it makes sense.
So the answer is to waste it?

NE wanted the 1st overall and Cleveland held their ground. Pretty much everyone thought giving NE the later pick made sense.

Like who? Again, support the claim.

Great deal for NE too, of course. If true, Im just glad they didnt get Garrett with yhe 1st overall.

It's a stupid move, plain and simple. There's no sugar coating it. If New England finagles a first round pick for a guy they'll never play, it's robbery. At the expense of the dumbest team in the league. By far.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'd have to see some evidence to support this claim.

Garopolo isn't a franchise quarterback any more than Matt Cassell ever was. And there's zero proof that he's better than this year's quarterbacks. He's barely played himself.
Just telling you what Ive been hearibg for the last 3 months.

IF teams think he is a better prospect than guys avaiable at 12, and especially if they think he is a franchise QB, then the move makes peefect sense.

If you think hell never be better than Cassell, thats fine.
If they go get Garoppolo, that means Hue Jackson thinks otherwise.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just telling you what Ive been hearibg for the last 3 months.

IF teams think he is a better prospect than guys avaiable at 12, and especially if they think he is a franchise QB, then the move makes peefect sense.

An unsupported claim then, got it.

If you think hell never be better than Cassell, thats fine.
If they go get Garoppolo, that means Hue Jackson thinks otherwise.

Confirming that Hue Jackson, like all the rest who've passed through there since their return, is a moron.

And that absolutely nothing in Cleveland has changed, nor will it anytime soon. Even Cassel had shown more than Garopolo has.

DFWJC

Reaction score
An unsupported claim then, got it.

Confirming that Hue Jackson, like all the rest who've passed through there since their return, is a moron.

And that absolutely nothing in Cleveland has changed, nor will it anytime soon. Even Cassel had shown more than Garopolo has.
Come on. Just because you move to Cleveland doesnt make you dumber by default.
Oh...wait
:muttley:
Fwiw, Jackson does have a good rep concerning QBs.

As for the unsupported claim, stash, I I can go by is the same stuff we hear about any prospect or player. Many have been on NFL network sayi g most GMs believe Garoppolo is better than this years crop, but I cant prove they arent lying.

Sydla

Reaction score
Jimmy G kind of reminds me of Kevin Kolb. Eagles drafted him, built him up as some stud in waiting and then unloaded him to a sucker.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Well i guess the report of browns saying today they will not be in the market for a vet QB blows this rumor up