Hotmail users question

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
Several weeks ago I recieved a memo from msn indicating they were going to increase my hotmail storage.

At the time they said it would be within a couple of weeks, but it's been well over six weeks now.

Did any other hotmail users recieve their promised storage upgrade yet?

Or did I miss something to activate my upgrade?

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
i think its only for those who pay but yahoo offers more they increased it to 100 mb storage and if you pay you can get upto 1 gb (i think)

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
sorry, i wish i would have read, i just deleted that mail when i saw it.... :eek: :D

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Hotmail is doing it in phases (Unlike Yahoo which boosted all storage at once). As far as when the phases are done (And which regions they upgrade first), I have no idea. Sorry...

Signals

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. GTaylor, that does make the most sense. Hopefully the storage upgrade will occur in the next few weeks.

Signals

Reaction score
GTaylor

Thanks for the link. I've been wondering about this for several months, but been too busy to investigate the reason for the delay.

Yipee! more space for spam. :rolleyes:

Encore

Never Enough
Reaction score
Google's G-Mail sure has changed how Yahoo and Hotmail run their service.

GMail is 1gig for free.

Best around.

Signals

Reaction score
Woo Hoo!

Hotmail finally comes though on the promise to up grade my Hotmail from 2MB to 250MB.

So between my new gmail with 1gig and my two hotmails with 250MB each I now have plenty on space for spam.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
StarKist said:
Woo Hoo!

Hotmail finally comes though on the promise to up grade my Hotmail from 2MB to 250MB.

So between my new gmail with 1gig and my two hotmails with 250MB each I now have plenty on space for spam.

Screw Spam lol

But it is nice that if you have a few files you want stored somewhere in case your puter goes down....you can email them to one of these accounts as an attachment and have it there.

Also nice when you are at work or home and want to transfer a large number of files so you can access them at home and work.

Signals

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
But it is nice that if you have a few files you want stored somewhere in case your puter goes down....you can email them to one of these accounts as an attachment and have it there.

Also nice when you are at work or home and want to transfer a large number of files so you can access them at home and work.
I have done this on many occasions. Having hotmail has saved my butt more times than I can count.

That itself has probably been the most useful thing about my hotmail accounts over the years.

A couple of years ago I had a PC that crashed. Everything was backed up except for a few irreplaceable files. I managed to get the HD to boot up one last time, frantically up loaded these files just in time to see the HD crash for good.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
StarKist said:
G-mail is google's email. You can get it by invitation only. Google doles out invites for some of it's users to give out.

Keep your eye on this thread...

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8240&highlight=gmail

Maybe someone else will get some invites to pass out here.

Got mine from cowboysfan02

thanks, i dont use the email that much but some how it gets filled with spam but with the upgrade it will last me longer and wont have to change :D