How about dem Horned Frogs

DFWJC

Reaction score
Historic win for TCU

I think the two best teams (regardless of previous games) are Georgia and Ohio St, so It’ll be a challenge.

But TCUs for real and I am Pulling for them!!

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I was a student at TCU during lean football years..end of Wacker and start of Pat Sullivan. Never thought I’d see this!

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can tell that TCU was motivated. They did not like when the Michigan QB said that if TCU Defense played that 335 D, Michigan would bring Big10 smash mouth football to the Big12.

Now both teams gave up a massive number of yards and points but I really think they felt disrespected as a team and a conference by the QBs words,

It was nice to see TCU win and rep the Big12, I don't think many gave TCU a chance to win.

I will say that there seemed to be some very bad calls by the refs. They flat out screwed Michigan with a TD they said was just a yard short when it was not. Later in the game TCU had made a defensive stop that would force Michigan to punt. However the refs called a roughing the passer call against a TCU defender and it was clearly not roughing the passer, The hit was not late, the player did not hit the QB in the head nor did he grab QB and slam him, He just tried blocking the pass and basically gave the the QB a stiff arm.

Very good and fast paced game if you enjoy high scoring. If you were a Defensive guy...you were out of luck lol.

ghst187

Reaction score
Loved it!
Hope TCU finds more fire from UM player post game comments about how UM “beat themselves”…
Dude, they just hung 51 on you.
Guessing this was Harbaughs last choke job in Michigan as now they are under investigation…he will flee to the NFL like Pete Carroll did

kskboys

Reaction score
I hope Jerry watched this game to see what extreme speed can do to an opponent.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Last place I worked at was Parker Hannifin really close to the campus and I can guarantee that place is full of purple jerseys

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, its all fun and games until you have to play the SEC champ. Its just different. 65-7 and it probably could have been 85-7 if UGA didn't pull most of their starters at the beginning of the 4th quarter. It honestly looked like an NFL team playing Fresno State.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Well, its all fun and games until you have to play the SEC champ. Its just different. 65-7 and it probably could have been 85-7 if UGA didn't pull most of their starters at the beginning of the 4th quarter. It honestly looked like an NFL team playing Fresno State.
Just one of those games; clearly TCU was better than they showed but Stetson Bennett really shined when it mattered most and Georgia just plain flat played a great game.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just one of those games; clearly TCU was better than they showed but Stetson Bennett really shined when it mattered most and Georgia just plain flat played a great game.
The UGA players were just bigger and faster. You could see the mismatch on both the OL and DL. The speed disparity at just about every position was particularly striking.

gtb1943

Reaction score
The UGA players were just bigger and faster. You could see the mismatch on both the OL and DL. The speed disparity at just about every position was particularly striking.
BS. They looked that way tonight but if actually LOOK AT THE PLAYERS STATS as regards size, etc it is NOT TRUE

TCU is an excellent team that ran into a buzz saw and got waxed

Nothing more

Certainly GA had more talent but not 8 TDs worth; only an idiot would thin so.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BS. They looked that way tonight but if actually LOOK AT THE PLAYERS STATS as regards size, etc it is NOT TRUE

TCU is an excellent team that ran into a buzz saw and got waxed

Nothing more

Certainly GA had more talent but not 8 TDs worth; only an idiot would thin so.

65-7 says I'm not the one coming up short in the debate here. lol

Last edited:

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Well, I thought Georgia would win, but I thought TCU would give them a game. Not sure what happened to TCU but it looks like they choked, melted in the spotlight. Looking at common opponents, Georgia barely beat Ohio State, Michigan beat the socks off Ohio State and TCU beat Michigan. I don't think it was as much talent level, just an ultimate choke by TCU.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, I thought Georgia would win, but I thought TCU would give them a game. Not sure what happened to TCU but it looks like they choked, melted in the spotlight. Looking at common opponents, Georgia barely beat Ohio State, Michigan beat the socks off Ohio State and TCU beat Michigan. I don't think it was as much talent level, just an ultimate choke by TCU.

Its talent level. In 3 years, check back and see how many of those TCU guys are in the NFL and how many of the UGA guys are in the NFL. The Big 10 teams outside of OSU don't have a lot of team speed. TCU's entire offense was based on speed So Michigan was a good match-up for them. But against UGA, there was no speed advantage. Their wrs and rbs could not out run or get to the edge against the UGA defense. They were also dominated in the trenches on both sides of the ball. It was a total annihilation.

OSU has the best QB in college football and the best WR in college football. They also have the team speed to compete against UGA. TCU had none of that and it showed.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Its talent level. In 3 years, check back and see how many of those TCU guys are in the NFL and how many of the UGA guys are in the NFL. The Big 10 teams outside of OSU don't have a lot of team speed. TCU's entire offense was based on speed So Michigan was a good match-up for them. But against UGA, there was no speed advantage. Their wrs and rbs could not out run or get to the edge against the UGA defense. They were also dominated in the trenches on both sides of the ball. It was a total annihilation.

OSU has the best QB in college football and the best WR in college football. They also have the team speed to compete against UGA. TCU had none of that and it showed.
Like I said, UGA is the better team, but they are not that much better. TCU needed a lights out game to beat them, but they went the opposite way and choked in the spotlight. So you think Georgia would have done the same against Michigan? A Michigan team that beat the brakes off OSU, the same OSU that came within a missed FG of beating Georgia? No, I understand Georgia fans are feeling their oats today, and rightfully so, but as someone who has no dog in this fight, pardon the pun, I say it was a matter of TCU melting in the spotlight, but I also agree Georgia has more talent. Just not that much more.

gtb1943

Reaction score
65-7 says I'm not the one coming up short in the debate here. lol
well taking one game as gospel sure sounds like someone who failed Football 101

I remember a year where the NYJ with Drew Bledsoe beat the Pats 31-0 in the opening game.

Then the pats went on to win the SB.

BUT according to your IDIOTIC reasoning the Pats were not in the Jets class

joseephuss

Reaction score
TCU didn't even win the Big XII. Making myself laugh. Last night's game went mostly as I expected. I thought Georgia would dominate, but still didn't expect that lopsided of a score. UGA would probably win 9 of 10 games against TCU.

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
Last night was like when the Cowboys beat the Vikings 40-3. The Cowboys aren't that much better than the Vikings. They just played a flawless game and the Vikings played a bad game. Last night TCU stunk and Georgia played a flawless game. Of course there's also a huge talent disparity. Honestly, TCU reaching the championship game is way more impressive than Georgia winning. When you have all the best players and outspend every other college by a large margin in recruiting then you should be the best. TCU went 5-7 last year, lost their franchise coach, and were picked to finish 7th in the Big 12. This TCU team wasn't near as good as the 2010 or 2014 teams in my opinion, but they somehow just found a way to keep winning.