How about our ST

glimmerman

Reaction score
No one mentioning Turpin finally taking one to the house. And 4 for 4 by out kicker. 57 yarder. Seemed like kind of a bs call on one of his kicks that set them back for a longer kick and MM didn’t go for it. I was hoping he would have given him a shot at it. The way he was kicking I think he would have nailed it.

But our ST put points on the board for us.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
No one mentioning Turpin finally taking one to the house. And 4 for 4 by out kicker. 57 yarder. Seemed like kind of a bs call on one of his kicks that set them back for a longer kick and MM didn’t go for it. I was hoping he would have given him a shot at it. The way he was kicking I think he would have nailed it.

Yup did very well, now just cut down drawing flags on punt returns.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Between Aubrey and Turpin, we have to have one of if not the best ST units in the league.

Aubrey has the potential to be the best kicker of all time. His range is 10 yards greater than any of his peers. He hits 98% of his kicks with that range like he has been doing and it is what it is.

There were about three penalties on ST if I recall correctly. A lot of it was sloppy technique like holding onto blocks too long as the play runs past and the like that can be cleaned up with coaching and experience. Mukuamu lets go a second earlier when the guy is trying to turn away and Turpin would have a another big return.

The Turpin TD was the backbreaker.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Was nice to see him finally get one. And similarly to Tyreek, Turp just looks fast than anyone in the field when he’s out there
He gets a hole or a seem and out runs everyone. But he almost can’t read his blocks. As fast as he is going it looks like the blockers can’t keep up and I saw him making the wrong cuts last year. His run back looked good but had 3 people with him. He will get better.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Between Aubrey and Turpin, we have to have one of if not the best ST units in the league.

Aubrey has the potential to be the best kicker of all time. His range is 10 yards greater than any of his peers. He hits 98% of his kicks with that range like he has been doing and it is what it is.

There were about three penalties on ST if I recall correctly. A lot of it was sloppy technique like holding onto blocks too long as the play runs past and the like that can be cleaned up with coaching and experience. Mukuamu lets go a second earlier when the guy is trying to turn away and Turpin would have a another big return.

The Turpin TD was the backbreaker.
I saw that hold and he didn’t need to do it. That was a killer. He didn’t need to hold. He was past him before he held. Would rather see him get tackled with a descent runback as opposed to have it wiped out and have the ball at the 10 or 20.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Our front office blew it two years ago. If they had listened to all of those on this board, we would have gone out and signed Mason Crosby and paid him 2 million. Just imagine how much better we would be with Crosby over Aubrey.

What is this, Turpin's 3rd season with Dallas and this is his first punt return for a td? What a waste. Maybe we should draft players and no find them off the scrap heap.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score

The scary thing is … on Turpins score which was insanely fast, i read he didn’t even hit his top speed … this kid can cook !

quickccc

Reaction score

McCarthy should have called a timeout ...and not leave it in the hands of a goofy NFL officials staff.

He's responsible for the tick tock of the play clock as well. And he still had two timeouts left.
Why did he not take one..?

This is still one of those questionable time management issues that Big Mac continues to be criticized for ....

quickccc

Reaction score
Bones Fassel special teams is the best in the NFL , imo.

As you mentioned ...Stud FG kicker and punter, ...dangerous returner ...and a unit that has a penchant for block punts.

Only Goodwin's injury that led to successful fake punt plays last year (ala Tolbert) was a blemish for Bones

I wonder when Bones' contract is up... but if hw still wants to be here, i cannot see the Jones not re-signing him back.
He has a very strong influence among coaches here. .

quickccc

Reaction score
Was nice to see him finally get one. And similarly to Tyreek, Turp just looks fast than anyone in the field when he’s out there
Turpin actually got one last year .. but called back becuz of bone headed Nashon Wright flag. ...

glimmerman

Reaction score
McCarthy should have called a timeout ...and not leave it in the hands of a goofy NFL officials staff.

He's responsible for the tick tock of the play clock as well. And he still had two timeouts left.
Why did he not take one..?

This is still one of those questionable time management issues that Big Mac continues to be criticized for ....
Yep and it cost us 3 points. That can hurt in a close game.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Our front office blew it two years ago. If they had listened to all of those on this board, we would have gone out and signed Mason Crosby and paid him 2 million. Just imagine how much better we would be with Crosby over Aubrey.

What is this, Turpin's 3rd season with Dallas and this is his first punt return for a td? What a waste. Maybe we should draft players and no find them off the scrap heap.
Aubrey looks like a keeper. I think Turpin secured his job when he had that really good preseason. He ran back a few. But was it him that dropped a first down pass. It hit him right in the chest. Can’t have those mistakes when you get your shot.