How about our ST

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
No one mentioning Turpin finally taking one to the house. And 4 for 4 by out kicker. 57 yarder. Seemed like kind of a bs call on one of his kicks that set them back for a longer kick and MM didn’t go for it. I was hoping he would have given him a shot at it. The way he was kicking I think he would have nailed it.

But our ST put points on the board for us.
Special Teams won against Cleveland, they put more points on the board lol.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Aubrey looks like a keeper. I think Turpin secured his job when he had that really good preseason. He ran back a few. But was it him that dropped a first down pass. It hit him right in the chest. Can’t have those mistakes when you get your shot.
Our front office picked up the most dangerous kick/punt returner in the league and at this point, probably th ebest kicker in the NFL off the street..... yet all we hear is how we dont have a real front office.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The scary thing is … on Turpins score which was insanely fast, i read he didn’t even hit his top speed … this kid can cook !
Yeah he didn’t open the throttle all the way. He had to slow down to get that last block. Would like to see him get the ball in open space as WR but something is up with his WR skills. I think it was him that dropped a wide open needed first down. Was like a 6 yard pass that hit him right in the chest. He needs to improve his pass catching or send him with his speed on go route. He will dust cb.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
No one mentioning Turpin finally taking one to the house. And 4 for 4 by out kicker. 57 yarder. Seemed like kind of a bs call on one of his kicks that set them back for a longer kick and MM didn’t go for it. I was hoping he would have given him a shot at it. The way he was kicking I think he would have nailed it.

Except punt coverage , ST is good , needs to figure out that fast

reddyuta

Reaction score
ST coverage sucks,imagine how much more effective Turpin would be if they didnt commit a penalty of almost every return,also our punt coverage still sucks.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Bones Fassel is a well-respected ST coach. He gets criticized around here (like everything Cowboys) because he has a propensity for taking risks that has been toned down by McCarthy, but he's had a lot of success in the league. Loved the bouncing kickoff he had Aubrey do on one of his kicks that made the Browns start on the 20.

It looks to me, based on what I've read, that he deserves a lot of credit for Dallas signing both Turpin and Aubrey. And they also brought in Anger under his direction when I wasn't sure that was a good move. He was a nine-year vet when we first signed him and had been released by the Texans.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
ST coverage sucks,imagine how much more effective Turpin would be if they didnt commit a penalty of almost every return,also our punt coverage still sucks.
Kickoff coverage was fine and they really only had one good punt return (the first one) that I remember. We've got some new players out there, so it will take a bit to figure it out.