How about Randall Cobb?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is something to consider, but I also consider that he had several big plays and scores called back due to penalties. And some of those occurred in games not against NFC North opponents. If I remember correctly, there were three or four additional scores he would have if not for penalty.

Think of how different we'd be viewing things if he had 6 or 7 touchdowns scored? We might even be looking at a few more wins?
I have definitely felt bad for Cobb this season as there have been many plays called back because of penalties, including many that were very questionable flags.

As I said, I was a fan of signing him, and still am, as I believe he was an upgrade over Beasley. Cobb never seemed to be appreciated in Green Bay, at least by the coaches, so I am hoping he does well here so that won't be the case in Dallas.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really want to love Cobb. It his drops and his penalties that kill drives frustrate me as much as his big plays make me want to extend him on the spot.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I knew it was up there. And I think Gallup leads the league in drops and all three of our guys are in the top 20 in the category. I can't help but to think how much better Dak's stats would look if guys weren't dropping passes?
I kind of look at it like you, except that I also consider some of the amazing catches that have been made that had a low probability of being a catch and consider it a near wash. Dak's stats look pretty damn good as it is!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I kind of look at it like you, except that I also consider some of the amazing catches that have been made that had a low probability of being a catch and consider it a near wash. Dak's stats look pretty damn good as it is!

Equally good points.
:thumbup:

glimmerman

Reaction score
He took a shot that should get a fine this week. Straight helmet to helmet.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really want to love Cobb. It his drops and his penalties that kill drives frustrate me as much as his big plays make me want to extend him on the spot.
I think that's the main reason why people liked Beasley. He was probably the most sure-handed receiver on the team for years. That, and he could quick-cut routes better than most in the league.

I get irritated at Cobb's drops as well, but I still think he's a better option than Beasley because Cobb gives the team a down-field option that Beasley never did.

I think Cooper (when healthy) gives us the quick cut guy that Beasley was, so that combined with the signing of Cobb to me was a solid upgrade.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that's the main reason why people liked Beasley. He was probably the most sure-handed receiver on the team for years. That, and he could quick-cut routes better than most in the league.

I get irritated at Cobb's drops as well, but I still think he's a better option than Beasley because Cobb gives the team a down-field option that Beasley never did.

I think Cooper (when healthy) gives us the quick cut guy that Beasley was, so that combined with the signing of Cobb to me was a solid upgrade.

I agree he’s a better fit right now, too. But those drive killing drops just grind my gears. He’s a good player, though. And he’s got the potential to make this offense unstoppable if we start connecting on everything.