How about some love for the refs on that Gallup touchdown?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
All year y'all doubted them.
All year y'all character assassinated them.
All year y'all pretended to see inside their heads to say they're biased.
And some pretended to know what non-Cowboys team they rooted for as kids to make them angry at us as adults.

But on that Gallup touchdown, while the whole world was squinting to see if Gallup stepped out of bounds or not, they pull the illegal touching rule out of the hat noting that even if Gallup went out of bounds (was not conclusive he did) the defender touching the ball first allows Gallup to then be eligible to touch the ball for the TD. Great teamwork by the refs (and maybe New York) to bring the rulebook to light. The broadcasters didn't know it, don't remember if they asked the broadcast rules guy, and fans surely didn't know it. Put some respect on the refs name! Lol.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
And some pretended to know what non-Cowboys team they rooted for as kids to make them angry at us as adults.

But on that Gallup touchdown, while the whole world was squinting to see if Gallup stepped out of bounds or not, they pull the illegal touching rule out of the hat noting that even if Gallup went out of bounds (was not conclusive he did) the defender touching the ball first allows Gallup to then be eligible to touch the ball for the TD. Great teamwork by the refs (and maybe New York) to bring the rulebook to light. The broadcasters didn't know it, don't remember if they asked the broadcast rules guy, and fans surely didn't know it. Put some respect on the refs name! Lol.
Wish we could get that officiating crew or at least level of officiating next week.

Parsons actually got a holding call. (Maybe you can explain why that holding around his neck, which Aikman said was clearly a penalty, differs from all the holding calls he hasn't gotten since it came on the same move he's been making all year.)

There was a roughing-the-passer call and somehow it wasn't for someone laying a finger on Brady but for a defender roughing Dak. Can't remember the last time we got one.

And the only really controversial (missed) call I saw benefited us — Mukuamu holding in the end zone on the 2-point try. I think Aikman claimed that Mukuamu also committed pass interference earlier in the game, but it looked like good coverage to me.

Brax

Reaction score

But I read hear the refs are all against Dallas. All the calls went against Tampa Bay so I guess all the crazies can put their tinfoil hats away until next week.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Doesn’t fit the conspiracy narrative. Neither does the mugging Mukwamu gave the Bucs reciever in the endzone that went unflagged.

Jarntt

Reaction score

And how about the guys doing the sticks on the sidelines. Looked like they had it at a perfect 10 yards every single time :flagwave:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I agree, although it wasn't illegal touching.

Chuck 54

Reaction score

It was going to be a TD either way. From the field view, it appeared he was never out of bounds, running on the balls of his feet, his heels never dropping down. From the endzone view, his balls of feet never went out, so comparing the two shots, there was no evidence he ever was out.

However, that would have been a “the play stands as called.” Because Gallup was clearly inbounds when he caught it and the defender clearly tipped the ball, it was a much more definitive call to say “it was a TD by rule….blah blah blah” than to say it stands, basically no evidence to overturn.

One way of calling it allows the TB fans to gripe. The other allowed a rule to state it doesn’t matter….it’s a TD either way. Both were correct, and it was never going the other way regardless.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
But I read hear the refs are all against Dallas. All the calls went against Tampa Bay so I guess all the crazies can put their tinfoil hats away until next week.
Not many calls went against either team, and most of the ones that were made seemed to be fair. I hate roughing the passer, but when the defender gets his hand up into the QB's throat and then lands his full weight on him, that's textbook for what's called now.

We benefited from the one missed call that was noticeable, so that's a change from how it usually goes. Of course, I thought the holding call against Schultz was kind of ticky-tack, but he did grab the shoulder and impair the defender for a second at the point of attack.

Sydla

Reaction score
Doesn’t fit the conspiracy narrative. Neither does the mugging Mukwamu gave the Bucs reciever in the endzone that went unflagged.

And on one of Dak's scrambles, there was a clear hold on their DE. It was blatantly obvious to the point if that had been Lawrence or Parsons, CowboysZone may have imploded.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Wish we could get that officiating crew or at least level of officiating next week.

Parsons actually got a holding call. (Maybe you can explain why that holding around his neck, which Aikman said was clearly a penalty, differs from all the holding calls he hasn't gotten since it came on the same move he's been making all year.)

There was a roughing-the-passer call and somehow it wasn't for someone laying a finger on Brady but for a defender roughing Dak. Can't remember the last time we got one.

And the only really controversial (missed) call I saw benefited us — Mukuamu holding in the end zone on the 2-point try. I think Aikman claimed that Mukuamu also committed pass interference earlier in the game, but it looked like good coverage to me.
We have Bill Vinovich next week.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Well this is new....doing a "I told you so" on the refs. They did their job. I personally never saw a legit look that he stepped out of bounds.