How about that 2019 Draft Class!

HungryLion

Reaction score
That’s because some of the slightly better then mediocre QBs like Dak don’t play on good teams like he does.

That’s not proof of anything. Thats a hypothesis that you keep presenting as truth.

Also, in order for it to be true, It also relies on the Cowboys franchise being a significantly better run franchise than the rest of the majority of the NFL and having better coaching than the majority of the rest of the NFL. Neither of which are necessarily true either.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s not proof of anything. Thats a hypothesis that you keep presenting as truth.

Also, in order for it to be true, It also relies on the Cowboys franchise being a significantly better run franchise than the rest of the majority of the NFL and having better coaching than the majority of the rest of the NFL. Neither of which are necessarily true either.

:hammer:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I just watched Tannehill go from draft bust to Dak Prescott level in 1 year.

Dak is being elevated by the team.. Not the other way.. If you don't see that then we can't have a conversation.

He is in an optimal environment and he's... ok....

Jameis Winston, or any QB for that matter, is going to be better with an Oline, Zeke, and 3 high quality WR's.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Dak is being elevated by the team.. Not the other way.. If you don't see that then we can't have a conversation.

Jameis Winston, or any QB for that matter, is going to be better with an Oline, Zeke, and 3 high quality WR's.

I’m just letting you know that you’re presenting a hypothesis as evidence or as a fact. Which it is not and certainly has been not.

I also watched the same coaching staff and optimal talent that Dallas had, go 1-11 recently without a QB named either Romo or Prescott.

but I’m supposed to assume that just any QB can succeed in the same environment and with Jason Garrett as his head coach? Sorry not buying it.

And if what you’re saying was true. It makes it further odd how many of the QB’s you’re saying are being dumped and allowed to walk by their current teams. When in reality those teams should think they can succeed if just given a better supporting cast.

And you naming one QB who went from bust to having a good season still doesn’t mean you can just go get any QB and have him succeed.

and don’t bring in Jameis Winston. His receiving Corp is loaded with studs. Let’s not act like he doesn’t have help. Please.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’m just letting you know that you’re presenting a hypothesis as evidence or as a fact. Which it is not and certainly has been not.

I also watched the same coaching staff and optimal talent that Dallas had, go 1-11 recently without a QB named either Romo or Prescott.

but I’m supposed to assume that just any QB can succeed in the same environment and with Jason Garrett as his head coach? Sorry not buying it.

And if what you’re saying was true. It makes it further odd how many of the QB’s you’re saying are being dumped and allowed to walk by their current teams. When in reality those teams should think they can succeed if just given a better supporting cast.

I am and i'm not.

I'm saying that if you put a mediocre QB in a better environment that they will perform better.

Is it a hypothesis? Sure.. It's also common sense.

Just like you guys that make all these excuses for Dak not having this or that.. Well lets put him in NYJ or Cleveland.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You're right, if you expect anyone to consider those ridiculous claims as facts, "we can't have a conversation". Not just you and me, but you and anybody.

That's nonsense.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
And blame the coaches and players too I get it. All I'm saying is if your gonna bash home for bad drafts and bad years and teams. Praise him for good drafts and good seasons and good teams. It's simple
Just as Dak haters continually mention how bad he played in Philly while conveniently forgetting how great he played vs the Rams. But "he can't beat good teams".
Typical chuckle/eye roller reads every time. :laugh:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You're right, if you expect anyone to consider those ridiculous claims as facts, "we can't have a conversation". Not just you and me, but you and anybody.

That's nonsense.

I think people outside of a Cowboy forum get that.. It's on here I have to deal with people acting like Dak's situation isn't helping him be the decent QB he is.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I am and i'm not.

I'm saying that if you put a mediocre QB in a better environment that they will perform better.

Is it a hypothesis? Sure.. It's also common sense.

Just like you guys that make all these excuses for Dak not having this or that.. Well lets put him in NYJ or Cleveland.

I notice how you decided to skip over the points refuting your hypothesis.

put any QB on the NYJ or any other crappy team and see how they do.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Just as the Dak haters continually mention how bad he played in Philly and forget how great he played vs the Rams. But "he can't beat good teams".
Typical chuckle/eye roller every time. :laugh:

Rams didn't make the playoffs either. That's barely a feather in his cap. Gotta take wins where you can get them though when you have minimal playoff success.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think people outside of a Cowboy forum get that.. It's on here I have to deal with people acting like Dak's situation isn't helping him be the decent QB he is.

Then maybe you should go and try your propaganda on them?

If the issue is "us"...?

HungryLion

Reaction score

It’s not your assertion that the cowboys supporting cast doesn’t help. Football is a team sport. Nobody is discounting that. Of course Dak needs help. Just like every other QB does. Some a bit more. Some a bit less.

IYour assertion that it’s easy to find above average QB play is what I’m questioning because there is zero proof of that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I notice how you decided to skip over the points refuting your hypothesis.

put any QB on the NYJ or any other crappy team and see how they do.

Yeah.. Which part would like a response too?

I don't think any QB could come in here and succeed. I think some QB's would be better just by having quality players around them.

If Dallas has Kirk Cousins I don't think we see a major difference on the field.

I prefer Derek Carr if he is made available because I don't think there is a big difference between Dak and Carr and I give the edge to Carr if he makes 25 mill or less.

Dak isn't some super productive irreplacable player.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yeah.. Which part would like a response too?

I don't think any QB could come in here and succeed. I think some QB's would be better just by having quality players around them.

If Dallas has Kirk Cousins I don't think we see a major difference on the field.

I prefer Derek Carr if he is made available because I don't think there is a big difference between Dak and Carr and I give the edge to Carr if he makes 25 mill or less.

Dak isn't some super productive irreplacable player.

Ok. But you’re also making assumptions that comparable players are going to want to sign to be a starter at that significant of a discount. If Derek Carr is comparable, and that’s a bit IF. And he is already coming over a large contract. Why would he just sign for far less than Dak?

doesn’t make much sense.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It’s not your assertion that the cowboys supporting cast doesn’t help. Football is a team sport. Nobody is discounting that. Of course Dak needs help. Just like every other QB does. Some a bit more. Some a bit less.

IYour assertion that it’s easy to find above average QB play is what I’m questioning because there is zero proof of that.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...xperience=&tabSeq=0&qualified=false&Submit=Go

Go through that list and find me the terrible QB's. Solid QB's are easier then ever to find.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Ok. But you’re also making assumptions that comparable players are going to want to sign to be a starter at that significant of a discount. If Derek Carr is comparable, and that’s a bit IF. And he is already coming over a large contract. Why would he just sign for far less than Dak?

doesn’t make much sense.

Dallas is competing against themselves when it comes to signing Dak and they've already said they have offered a top 5 deal.

I have no idea what Carr would make just like I have no idea what Dak would make if he was allowed to test the waters in Free Agency.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Then maybe you should go and try your propaganda on them?

If the issue is "us"...?

I don't need to.. Most reasonably unbiased people can see Dak for what he is.

It's the he's awesome pay that man or the he sucks crowd that get in the way of reality.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't need to.. Most reasonably unbiased people can see Dak for what he is.

No, you don't get to speak for "most people". You speak for you, and your propaganda crusade of unsupported opinions that you mistakenly see as facts.

It's the he's awesome pay that man or the he sucks crowd that get in the way of reality.

You clearly have no grip on that. You're trying to pass off baseless, unsupported opinions and poor hypotheticals as being true. And being called out on that. Time and time again.

Loso86

Reaction score
Just as Dak haters continually mention how bad he played in Philly while conveniently forgetting how great he played vs the Rams. But "he can't beat good teams".
Typical chuckle/eye roller reads every time. :laugh:
Lol its hilarious man